“adequate”
Review of Super 8 Omaha NE

Super 8 Omaha NE
Ranked #69 of 83 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed October 12, 2012

It was a place to sleep overnight. It's not nearly as nice as other Super 8's I've stayed in. We got two rooms, but they had no adjoining rooms (i.e. rooms with interconnecting doors that can be opened). The TVs were old tube TVs. One room had a refrigerator, but the other didn't.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Rooms where ok, morning meals ok, check in was handle very fast, sister and brother law staied at the same place, and when they go to omaha they you the motel. the 15% discount was nice,we also stay there when we go shopping omaha on week ends, we also go to the gamling halls also from the motel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ANDREW S
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This was like staying in a crack den. The hotel was disgusting. We got in at midnight, the only reason why we didn't immediately leave. A foul stench was in the room and the next morning after I went outside and came back inside it made me gag. There was black mold growing on the shower handle. A hideous lazy boy with suspect white stains on it dominated the room. I took the duvet off the bed and wore clothes to bed so as not to touch the sheets. Do not be taken in by the cheap price as we did. Absolutely revolting. I skipped the free breakfast because of the questionable cleanliness of the surroundings.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had 2 rooms. The night we were there our a/c went out. I work in a hotel myself so I checked to see if it was frozen it was not. I knew by the sound the compressor was out. I called the front desk. The girl there said I can move you or I can get maintenance. Well with 2 children both under 2 my sister and I had a lot to move so I said if maintenance can be here soon then we would love to stay in the room we were in. She said I will get ahold of maintenance in the meantime shut the window it can't be open (that was the only breeze we were getting) and turn the a/c off for about 15 minutes and then restart it. I told her I had already done that. She said the maintenance man was on his way and would be there shortly to fix it or change out a/c's. About 2 hours later I called the desk again. She said he was still on the way. My boyfriend ended up calling from almost 900 miles away. He is a maintenance man in 2 hotels. He was extremely upset. They kept giving him the same story. After an hour of this back and forth the next person came on shift. She apologized profusely and the other lady left without even telling her there was a problem. The night shift lady ended up moving us rooms and even helped move our belongings. We never even received a partial reimbursment and the only thing I received was an apology from corporate. I will never even consider this hotel again!!! You try having two 2 children under 2 uncomfortable and crying for 4 hours. When all she had to do was say that they had no one all call for maintenance in the first place. So we need to move you rooms. The staff need to be better trained like the night shift one. In fact maybe she needs a promotion and a raise. The other room we rented the bedframe fell apart. We dealt with this hotel for almost a week since it was closest to the funeral home and cemetary.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah G
Reviewed September 24, 2012

When checking in the lady at the front desk was really rude and acted like she really didn't care if you stayed there or not. I made reservations for a shuttle the next day to the airport with her that night. She was not helpful at all when asked questions about the area. The next morning there was a different lady at the front desk who was as rude if not more than the night lady. Guess what there was no reservations for a shuttle and I told the lady that the person who was suppose to write down the reservations for the shuttle was very rude to me last night, the lady at the front desk had no response. The man who was there at the front desk later that morning with the same lady was very nice and friendly. The two ladies need to take some lessons from him also the lady was much nicer with him there he must have been a manager. The breakfast area was adequate and clean. Bathroom in the room was a little dirty, overall the room was ok. I would not stay at this hotel again because of the two rude ladies night and morning. There are many other nice hotels around this area. The towels were like sandpaper they need to add some type of fabic softner.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dutch57
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Motel had a trip ad. rating of 3 1/2 dots.....boy, was that misleading!! Evening front desk clerk was the only positive about our whole stay! Room was on the first floor and had a very musty smell. Floor was covered in what looked like sock lint. Room was missing towels and when we asked for them the next morning...new clerk at the front desk was VERY rude! When we did get towels, they were so old and stained they looked more like rags than towels. Shower drain had what appeared to be a 1/2 tall pile of rust in the center - tried to wipe it off - wouldn't budge. Horrible experience!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank crafter123
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Hotel was what seems to be typical of Super 8's. Nothing special, good price, aging, average hotel. Bed was clean and comfortable, room was old and average, but clean. Front desk was very friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast left much to be desired... toast, waffles, apples, juices, very limited compared to others. Not much for hot food.
Parking was free, and it took about ten minutes to drive to the "Century Link Center", which was very quick and convenient.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo