“Best Kept Secret in Omaha”

Magnolia Hotel Omaha
Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed February 18, 2010

Hands down, this is the BEST hotel experience I have had. Coming from Chicago, I now refer to Omaha as the best kept secret in the Midwest. Everyone, staff, management, maintenance, and valet are more than willing to lend a hand, make sure you are comfortable, and take care of you.
The experience I have had at the Magnolia has surpassed any other hotelling experience. I travel to Omaha for business, and have recommended the hotel to numerous people, and all have had the same pleasurable experience and wonderful treatment that I receive during my stays.
I would love nothing more than to receive the complimentary stay; I love the hotel and Omaha. The Magnolia has become my home away from home, and I truly feel like family, not a guest.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,069)

Reviewed February 15, 2010

Not as nice or elegant as I thought it would be. Smaller than originally thought and kind of small for a suite. Heard a lot of sounds in the morning and the buffet was a mess when we got there.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2010

The breakfast buffet is wonderful. Easy walking distance to the Old Market. Staff are friendly and eager to help. Room was immaculate. As tall people, this is the first shower, we didn't have to stoop in.

Reviewed February 15, 2010

We stayed here last year after we got married and really enjoyed it, so we made a reservation to spend our first anniversary there. My husband told them we were celebrating our anniversary and they upgraded us to a suite...at no charge. It was conveniently located on the main level and had a living room area with a wetbar and then stairs that led us up to our bedroom and bathroom with a jacuzzi tub! Very nice. The beds are very comfortable! You are given a nice breakfast buffet, free drinks in the evening and cookies before bed! The rooms are clean and quiet. A couple quirks were that we asked for a refrigerator, they said they would gladly bring one for us...and then there was an extra $10 charge when we checked out...that they hadn't mentioned. However, when we talked to them about it, the removed the charge. Also, during the free drink time, my husband ordered Michelob Ultras...and after having a couple, the bartender told us there was a charge for that type of beer! We would have appreciated knowing prior to drinking 2 :-) The location is awesome! Just a couple blocks from the Old Market area and many great restaurants (M's Pub) and quaint shops (The White Crane Gallery). We had a fabulous first anniversary and will definitely stay here again next year!

Reviewed February 13, 2010

Room was missing a picture. Dirty carpet....would not stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
MagnoliaVPSales, VP, Sales & Marketing at Magnolia Hotel Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2010

Thank you for your feedback and we certainly take this to heart. I have forwarded your comments to the Omaha general manager for review.

It goes without saying that this does not meet our expectations and your feedback will be addressed with the team. We have very high standards for our hotels and this is not indicative of our normal operations.

I do hope you will give us another try and return to the hotel. Rest assurred any inconsistencies will be corrected immediately.

On behalf of our company, our apologies and we do hope you return.

Reviewed February 11, 2010

I love the atmosphere at the Magnolia! The rooms are tastefully designed and comfortable, quiet and unique. I get tired of the same cookie-cutter rooms and hiking what feels a million miles to my room. The Magnolia is just the right size. It's close to everything downtown, the valet and room service are speedy, I feel pampered there.

The lounge is a great place to meet friends, it isn't too trendy so it's comfortable for any age demographic. The cookie bar in the evening, yum, and the breakfast will satisfy everyone.

I had symphony tickets and thought we'd be late, but the valet was quick, the Holland Center was two minutes away, we valeted the car there, and we were just in time. The Magnolia is so convenient to everything downtown,

The staff is very young, but they are big on service. I love this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 10, 2010

Not only was the room great the staff was very nice and helpful.
We were right in the heart of the Old Market which was exactly what we wanted had it been warmer we could have walked.
I would stay here Anytime