“Avoid this Rude Staff!!!”

Magnolia Hotel Omaha
Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I wanted to like this hotel, I really liked the name, the reviews looked great, and I wanted this trip to be simply fantastic, but none of this was the case. The front desk clerk ignored me for 5-10 minutes while I stood directly in front of him. They advertised free parking and it was $17 to park. The room was renovated but still old in a lot of ways. The TV did not work easily and the selection was very small, the Pay Per View movies were $15 each, a ridiculous price when you are already paying so much for the hotel. The bed was not extremely comfortable, but adequate for an extremely tired person. The main reason I picked this hotel was because of the reviews and because it had a shuttle that could take me to the airport. I double checked that they could take me to the airport when I arrived the first day. The night before I left I checked again to make sure that I could get a shuttle at 5:30 am the next morning. They only had a shuttle run at 4am and 5:45am, but my flight was at 6:45am. The airport is small so I agreed to push it and take the 5:45 shuttle with the assurance that it would be on time. I was in the lobby at 5:30 and there were two other people waiting for the shuttle with me. I overheard the front desk lady say that the shuttle was running late. I went over and asked if I had heard correctly and she assured me that the shuttle would be on time. Ten minutes later we were told that the shuttle would arrive in 5 minutes. 5 minutes later, at 5:50, the front desk lady came over and said that it would be at least 15 minutes until the shuttle could pick us up, but that she could get a taxi to us in 5minutes if we would like split a taxi fare. We agreed to take this course of action and I was the last person to board my flight, thank goodness they let me board. I do not appreciate the the hotel promised a shuttle ride and then did not even offer to pay for the short taxi ride when the shuttle was late.

In short I would avoid this hotel because of its extremely rude staff and the discourtesy of the shuttle fiasco.

The bar tender is the exception to the rule, and is a very courteous and adept staff member.

Room Tip: Higher floors because the hotel is above several busy streets
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear MargariteTrips,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. When guests are as exact and articulate as yourself in their analysis, this offers us an opportunity to make improvements in the precise areas you mention. Your concerns in regards to the shuttle, sleep, and parking have been noted and addressed with the appropriate parties, just as your compliments have been passed to our bartender.

We appreciate your balance and candor in this review and look forward to making your next stay with us timely, and in line with your original estimation of our services.

There are newer reviews for Magnolia Hotel Omaha

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I had a highly enjoyable stay. I was treated warmly by each employee that I encountered. The doorman wished me a good day every morning. The room was beautiful and exceptionally clean. I enjoyed the evening reception in the lounge; wine by the fireplace each night, what a treat! I really don't know what could have made my stay more pleasant. I will definitely choose the Magnolia the next time that I travel to Omaha.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Hey Megan,

Well now what do we do? Your review was so nice, we had to share it with our staff - but now our doorman misses you, our comfy lounge misses you, the wine and fireplace have threatened to leave if you don't come back. Now what?

I'm kidding, but I am serious about you being nice. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and the next time you're in Omaha, you can be assured of the same treatment. It's just what we do. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a great hotel! Every employee was very friendly and helpful. It's the little things there that are nice; cookies & milk in the evening, wonderful breakfast, cocktail reception. Room (single Queen) was a bit smaller than many hotels, but still nice (& clean). I thought it was so wonderful that each employee received a gingerbread house to decorate, then they were all put together as a village just inside the lobby! The employees were very proud of their work & they should be. The only thing negative is the parking. There is minimal parking on the streets, so the Valet is almost a must. (the price is $17/per night!). The shuttle is wonderful and will take you anywhere within almost a 3 mile radius. But overall, the employees were so happy to work there and it showed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Diane S,

Thank you for taking the time and bandwidth to write this review.

Your positive notes have been passed on to our staff, who are always welcoming and are always making gingerbread houses - we can't stop them. In regards to the parking, your concerns have been noted and we thank you for your honesty.

We appreciate your business and your attentive eye to the details and great lengths we go to ensure each guest has a great stay.

Come on back anytime. We'll be here.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We were married at The Magnolia Omaha in November of 2008. We go back at least once a year because the service is always the best in town. The lounge is a great place to grab a glass of wine and relax and the rooms are perfect for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Todd D,

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for this review. We're glad we have been such a staple in your relationship, from the very beginning up to the present moment - we wish you many returns!

Your loyalty reminds us of the commitments we all make in life and honoring them through tradition is one of the most powerful expressions we can give. We're thrilled to be a part of this magic.

See you next year.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Great Room. They had free breakfast, a free social hour in the evening and milk and cookies. They also have a workout room in the basement. Room was clean and very modern design. Love this place. Will stay here on my next trip.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Hi Reyes V,

Reviews like yours are why we do what we do here. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and next time you're in town, let's do it again.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I regularly stay at the Magnolia when in town on business.
The atmosphere is not the traditional chain hotel like a Hilton....very cozy and a little old school, but with all the things you need for a great nights stay.
The Magnolia is the only Hotel I don't sit in my room to work, I spend it in the Lounge....very nice and functional.

The only negative....I can hear the person in the room next to me snoring...I think his headboard shared the same wall as mine.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Hey David M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. You dig our lounge and you use it to get work done, you dig the cozy vibe, you caught the "old school" flavor, but the Snore Monster was in the next room.

Well, we can statistically assure you that the next time you stay with us, the Snore Monster won't be in the next room. And numbers, like you David, never lie. If that happens again, give a call down to the front desk, and we'll do our best to arrange a good night's sleep for everyone.

Thanks again for the positive review and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Best,

Reviewed November 19, 2013

The majority of my experience was great! A great venue and very helpful staff. One thing: Don't put the person who doesn't know how to make drinks behind the bar...

I ordered a sandwich and parmesan fries, ended up with sweet potato fries. A trivial thing, but there were only four customers there at the time so I don't think it was an overwhelming order...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Hey riflemanHouston,

Thanks for taking time to review our hotel. From what I gather there was a potato mix-up and you got some drinks that didn't quite do it for you, but other than that your stay was good. This is all addressable and usable info. Your feedback helps us improve so thank you.

Next time you're in town, stop by and give us another shot - tell us exactly what you're looking for and we'll do our best to whip it up.