“Nice...but not as nice as expected”

Magnolia Hotel Omaha
Ranked #3 of 83 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed November 13, 2013

First, I have stayed in lots of historic buildings/ hotels...not my first rodeo. But, corners were cut here....this was the worst soundproofing I have experienced by far. Cheap hotels have done a better job. I could hear way too much in the neighboring bathroom not to mention the screaming maniac in the room next to mine in the middle of one night....I thought he was IN my room. The room itself was nice but nothing special. I agree with others who noted the absence of robes oddly enough although I don't have a specific expectation for these as a rule. Maybe my timing was off but I never saw anyone who might park or get my car or even open a door for me....I did think that was odd. BUT, the staff I did interact with were wonderful....friendly, helpful and prompt. Both days my room was serviced, replacement items were missing which isn't great but they were fast to react. I loved the lounge although I did not do the evening reception. Breakfast was a notch above most chains. I found this place to be atmospheric and charming but not a top tier property. I might give it another try.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear gfdeb,

Reading your review, we realize there are some things that didn't quite work for you. Sound-wise, robe-wise there were some issues, but staff and service-wise there were no issues. This is good info and brings to light things we can and will address.

Improving our service is key, and your feedback is instrumental to that process. Thank you for sharing and we look forward to serving you again.

Ryan

Write a ReviewReviews (2,083)

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Upon arrival we made it to a complimentary happy hour in the lounge which was very warm and cozy. Really romatic for my significant other and I. We had a bit of a pluming problem in our room but the staff was very accomidating and apologetic. They moved us immediatly and we had very little disruption to our evening. They even brought us a bottle of wine on the house. I would most definatly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Abigail,

We're so happy you got to enjoy the happy hour and had such a wonderful time! We're also glad we got a chance to show you our awesome customer services skills with our room shuffle and romantic wine delivery. That's us.

Thank you for taking the time to review.
We hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Me and my husband live 10 minutes from this hotel and we stayed here to celebrate our 2 year wedding anniversary. We loved the free drinks from 5:30-6:30pm. And the free cookie bar from 8pm to 10pm was really nice. The rooms were spacious and we didn't quite understand the step down from the shower either. Just make sure you put a towel down when you get out so you dont slip on your bum. The breakfast buffet in the morning was huge! They live up to the word buffet! It was awesome, me and my husband left stuffed and didn't have to eat lunch! We parked across the street at the OPPD parking garage. The attendant on Saturday did not tell us the garage is closed on Sundays. You will need to call the emergency number to be let in. We also took the shuttle service downtown to the old market and the SUV was awesome and spacious! The driver drove safe and was awesome! This is an excellent place to stay. Check for hotel discounts. This place is worth the business and money! You get back what you put in with the free drink hour. Cookie bar and breakfast buffet! You won't regret staying here!

• Stayed: November 2013

Hey jewelsgirl,

Where to begin? Happy Anniversary for starters.
You're so nice in this review, we're wondering if we're related to you because only family would be this sweet!
The cookies, the service, the ride, the happy hour, the buffet - you took advantage of our best and had an amazing time doing it so thank you for maximizing your stay, and making us proud.

See you next Anniversary (or sooner),

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We came to town to visit the zoo for the weekend. The hotel was very clean and friendly. Rooms were nice and beds were comfortable. Breakfast had many options and valet was very quick. I do have a couple of negatives... we got a call at 9:30 pm saying that our vehicle was ready to pick up when we were already in bed. The pillows were too fat for the kids and sound insulation was a minimum. We heard every door slam and the neighbors at 4am. It was nice for our stay but probably won't be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Artsvarc

Dear Artsvarc,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, providing us with your feedback, and giving us a chance to improve.

Consider staying with us next time you're in town - we'll be ready.

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

This place was fun, friendly and located in a very good spot. The rooms are very nice. The staff are fun and helpful. The food we had was amazing. The conference rooms were spacious. It was very relaxing.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2013

What an amazing experience. The building is charming, each staff member is professional, polite, friendly and knowledgeable. The service was wonderful. I loved my room. I wish I could travel to Omaha more often just to repeat this experience!

Room Tip: I don't know about the layout of other rooms, but mine was at the end of the hall - spacious and...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Great place. Awesome complimentary breakfast items and love the complimentary drinks in the evening PLUS milk and cookies every night. Can't get this anywhere else! Service has been very good and valet parking is required but also understandable given the area. My husband and I are enjoying our stay.

• Stayed: November 2013