“Nice Hotel - worst water pressure ever”

Magnolia Hotel Omaha
Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed September 25, 2013

There's a lot to like about this hotel. The service is great, the rooms are nice, the breakfast, happy hour and cookie service are really nice touches. A very nice hotel.

But the deal breaker is the water pressure. I was on a business trip and my colleagues also complained about the water pressure in their rooms (so I know it wasn't just my room). The pressure is so bad that you have to stand directly under the shower head.

This hotel is incredibly nice and the staff is great but a bad shower and walking out feeling like you're still covered in soap is probably not a good way to start the day. I really don't think I could ever stay there again just because of the shower.

Now, if you don't take showers and don't mind walking around dirty you'll really really like this hotel.

2  Thank PMarquez76
There are newer reviews for Magnolia Hotel Omaha

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed in the Queen suite and everything was wonderful. the only real complaint i had about our room was the light switches, took 2 of us on both floors to get the right combination so that the lights would actually come on. I would recommend everyone stay here. the Service was wonderful the strawberries and champagne were great and on time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The Magnolia is located nicely in the center of Omaha, 20 minutes or less from most attractions and the airport. We stayed for the weekend of a family wedding, and elected for one of the courtyard suites. The room with 2 floors had male living space, lots of closet room, living area, downstairs sink, and spacious layout. It overlooked the courtyard which was also very nice. Our room (103), was located next to or beside the laundry room, which was in operation nonstop since our arrival. The noise wasn't bad enough to request a move, but certainly was a constant nuisance.

The bed was great! Soft sheets, firm mattress, firm pillows. The bedroom and living room had flat screen TVs and wireless was complimentary (always a nice touch.) The overall decor is dated, which compliments the rest of the hotel. The bar is large and fully stocked, and a host buffet breakfast includes many choices. The "milk and cookies" at night are a nice touch, and offered from 8-10. Happy hour is hosted as well for an hour or so in the evening.

This weekend was booked with three weddings, keeping all the staff very busy. I often felt that a few additional staff members would allow for better guest service and probably would have increased my rating. We often had to ask for items multiple times and it always seemed that employees were juggling multiple demands at the same time. They were courteous and attentive regardless.

Overall a good experience. I would stay again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank cacooke96
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Convenient to the Old Market, small but well-appointed rooms, good amenities. Lots of food and bev freebies. I didn't try the reception or cookies and milk but I hear both are excellent. Breakfast is well above average for most free breakfasts. Shuttle driver is excellent but schedule in advance to make sure you get your time slot. I'll definitely be back - high-end option for Omaha business travel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel are next to an emergency vehicle route - noisy at night.
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Had OUTRAGOUS problems with Expedia and when I got to the Magnolia, had the guy checking us in (Larry) over-authorize my credit card. That extra $250 that they authroized, should have been $100, really took a bit out of the funds that we were going to use on our trip. Found out when we were at the restaurant after checking in that my card didn't have the necessary funds to pay for the meal and had to use another card. When I came back they didn't fix the situation and the gentleman that was working behind the desk at one point after trying to come up with an answer told me to step aside so he could help the person behind me. I will NEVER go back to that hotel again, after messing up, they discounted my problem and didn't satisfy any of my issues. Also, the room that said it was 74 degrees, which we couldn't get to go lower, wasn't.
VERY disapointed in a room that i ended up paying $200 for. Horrible service. Horrible front desk.

Room Tip: all rooms, if it was like ours, the air conditioning didn't work. It was 10 degrees cooler in t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RyanFossum
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel is just a few blocks away from the Old Market. Makes it nice to go out and have some fun and be able to walk back. All of the staff was friendly. The hotel came with some great perks as well. Included was an hour long managers cocktail reception with free wine and beer, milk & cookies at bedtime and a hot breakfast buffet with eggs, potatoes, pastries and much more.

Rooms were clean and comfortable. We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was in Omaha for just one evening, but staying at Magnolia made my trip very enjoyable. The shuttle service picked me up and dropped me off at the airport, stored my bags, and made sure that everything was perfect for my stay. The complimentary breakfast was AMAZING, and the room had everything that I needed! I would definitely stay here again.