“As Good as Expected”

Ranked #5 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“As Good as Expected”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel delivered on everything it offers. Old but perfectly maintained and clean. Room sizes are adequate. We booked two rooms with diferent sizes and even the smallest one was comfortable. The bathroom on the smaller room was much bigger than the one in the large room. The restaurant is excellent for breakfast and for other a la carte meals, which are well priced. The morning buffet is excellent, fresh and hot. Rooms with windows do not provide a good view, so don't get your hopes up for a great skyline. The proximity (2 blocks) to the Old Market area of downtown Omaha is convenient, and the Magnolia provides free shuttle to attractions within a 3 mile radius. The rooms are remodeled and though old in style, gives the guest a boutique feeling. Daily in-room coffee service is available for free and the housekeeping staff will provide additional coffee al no charge. I was satisfied during my stay and fully recommend this property if you have to be in Omaha.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor (4th).
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
North Richland Hills, Texas
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This hotel prides itself in being a "premier boutique", which to me means a place with ALOT of personality. The most noteworthy aspects of this hotel are definitely not the rooms that are discreetly tucked amidst the dark and gloomy halls of each floor. It does have a great breakfast, and awesome nighttime milk and cookie display in the lobby. This alone is worth both legs it stands on.

I would have left this review at this BUT, I had one issue that became a HUGE problem and revealed the proverbial "slip" of this hotel. CUSTOMER SERVICE is kind of a big deal. Ok, it is so important that it can be a deal breaker. The staff was nice, but it was seemed artificial. This became even more readily apparent when I made the mistake of losing my hotel receipt. When I called for a copy, I was prompted to the accounts payable desk. I called several times with NO reply (still never got a call back). I resorted to talking to the front desk representative about it. She was nice the first time, but when I called back, because I never received the copy she reportedly sent, things went downhill fast! The staff talked over me, and allowed little words in to fully explain the issue. I was rudely transferred back to the accounts payable department. As previously noted, ummm.............she NEVER called me back, so my confidence level in her sending me a copy was extremely low.

Everything had began to spiral downward into the oblivion of (2) star ratings. I must admit that a good hotel NEVER lets its slip show. This just seemed all too easy in this situation. I truly hope that my situation was the exception and not the rule. Even so, this is why it is so important to value each customer and provide exemplary customer service at all times.

Be sure to safeguard your receipts!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank shaunissa
Rosedale, Mississippi
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Just returned from the College World Series in Omaha, NE. As expected, hotel rooms were very scarce and the prices inflated due to the event. This was something we knew before finding our room at The Magnolia Hotel. All that was available was a queen suite for $349-379 per night. We booked it instead of staying 50 miles away in Lincoln, NE. My husband had stayed in a Magnolia Hotel in Houston and remarked that it was very nice, luxurious and was in a great location.

The hotel employees were all extremely helpful and friendly. The bar/restaurant was exactly as you'd expect. The location downtown was what we had hoped. But, the "suite" was sorely lacking. The queen bed was very soft, lumpy and showed its age. Each morning one could see the indentations in the mattress where someone slept, it was that bad. The bathroom had a whirlpool tub, which could have been nice. But that tub was also the shower. The marble tiles surrounding the tub had mildew growing on several places. The sinks in the wet bar area and the bathroom drained so slowly you had to stop the water and wait. This was reported to the front desk and we were told it would be handled. If it was, it didn't show. I realize the hotel is in an old, historic building but the loud vibrating pipes to the bath and shower (and not just in our room) need to be repaired. theyre loud enough to jolt one from a sound sleep when the water is turned off. The bedroom area was too dark having only two wall lamps for lighting. The divider between the bedroom and "hallway" blocked the light so that the area for luggage had no light. There was a small sofa and chair in the suite living area that looked completely out of place and very cheaply done. I've seen better in older big chains that cost less than $100 per night. A lamp beside the sofa was broken at the base and had a perilous lean and wobble. The TVs were on a satellite, which was nice, but there was no channel guide to be found. The "suite" did have a small dorm-type refrigerator and a small microwave that sat atop the refrigerator. Not a combo unit, two separate appliances. I have photos of the "suite" that I can post.

So, would I stay there again? Probably not at any price. Definitely not at the inflated price. But, I do encourage everyone to attend the CWS as it's a wonderful experience. And the people of Omaha, in fact, anywhere in Nebraska, couldn't be nicer or more helpful to visitors. The people were absolutely wonderful during our four night stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed at the Magnolia June 14-15, 2013. It was our 1st experience at the Magnolia. Great location - it's within a couple of blocks of the Old Market area. We were in Omaha for the College World Series & walked to the stadium. It's a long walk (over a mile), but we felt very safe. The atmosphere has a fun atmosphere due to the evening reception & the cookies at night.

We stayed in a king suite & we loved all the extra room. The separate living area made it feel more like a condo than a hotel room. The bed was comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lubbock, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stay here at least once a year for a business trip and it is a comfortable hotel. clean, comfortable, great service. everything is about comfort. shuttle service to airport, complimentary breakfast buffet, complimentary happy hour, and live music on the terrace and cookies and milk to top it off in the evening..the staff is always courteous

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank choochoo2u
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had another stay at the Magnolia Hotel in late May for business. To me, this hotel makes you feel at "home," and did so once again. They have great service from the airport shuttle through the evening cookies. My room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast is great. I had to stay at another hotel on a subsequent visit, due to sellout at the Maganolia, and the experience was simply not the same (the other hotel did not have free breakfast, no manager's reception, and no evening cookies/coffee). Kudos to Magnolia for providing great service and consideration for your guests.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KurtBlodgett
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had our wedding at the Magnolia Hotel and it was the BEST! It was amazing and I can't thank the staff enough for their incredible service. I would not change one thing. They were organized, polite, offered incredible service, the decorations were gorgous, the food was delicious and I was not stressed at all. I am so grateful to Ron and Sara and everyone else who helped make our day wonderful! I have recieved so many compliments and will recommend the hotel to everyone!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple