“My wife loved the Magnolia.”

Magnolia Hotel Omaha
Ranked #4 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
“My wife loved the Magnolia.”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife loved the Magnolia and she is very picky when it comes to hotels. The hotel is beautiful inside and out. The people are great and incredibly knowledgeable about the Old Market area. Lastly she loved the house Pinot Grigio that we had during happy hour.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed May 15, 2013

After staying at the Magnolia several times and falling in love with it, we arrived last week to find our two rooms had been given away. We arrived late, 9 PM, but I had called in the afternoon to assure the staff that we would be coming late. The desk clerk agreed that that note was on our account. She was actually relieved that while they had given three rooms away, our family accounted for two, so she only had to tell and disappoint one more person.
The Magnolia paid for one night (out of the 3 reserved) at a nearby hotel. We were invited back for the remaining two nights but declined.
Can you be sure this won't happen to you?

Room Tip: A room at another hotel is recommended
Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank gatorgirl071
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Staff was very, very helpful. The shuttle even took me to Walgreens when I forgot something. Room and all facilities were great. Easy, enjoyable stay. It was not luxury and my room was average for a good hotel but there were no details that were neglected. I highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location! Close enough to the market area without actually being in it. We would have rated it very good, except for a few problems. Their biggest problem is that they do not have enough front desk staff and valets. When the valet is taking guests somewhere in the hotel's complimentary shuttle, the desk staff does valet service. Most of the time there was only one person working the front desk, so once they went to get a car there was no one to help you up front. The preprogrammed phone buttons do not work. We were on the second floor and unfortunately people were really loud in the hallway. Since the doors are not very soundproof we got to hear everything. The same is true for the windows and the street traffic noise. Our toilet had problems and the sink drained slowly. The beds were ok. The breakfast was very good, the bar was nice, and the hotel staff was very polite and attentive, when you could find someone.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My was happy with the hotel and staff. Only upon arrival they were not going to give the room I prepaid for because I don't use credit cards. They also charge a debit card fee which again is 100.00 upfront but they will realease it after you leave which can take up 7-10 days after your stay. After arriving here it took 2 hours for fondly getting into my prepaid room. They need to be more helpful and understanding not every person is going to destroy the property. Other that everything else pleasant.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank llbod
Tampa, Fl
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip. Although it seemed to be in a rough section of town - although maybe that's all of Omaha, not sure - the hotel was nice. They have free airport shuttle. I think they had a free breakfast too, but my flight was way too early for that. In the evening they had milk and cookies in the bar - a lovely touch I have never seen before. I had a decent room, but the view isn't much to look at, I'll try to upload a photo. My only complaint would be that the walls are so thin I heard every word of the woman in the next room's phone conversation. It seemed she was from Florida too. I would stay here again. I'm pretty sure that the people that booked me here got the room off of priceline.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Me and my wife stayed at the Magnolia hotel for our 4th anniversary,we were impressed with quick check-in and valet parked our SUV in a secured parking spot.We had a wonderful room, which was a corner room. They provide a shuttle service for free, but since we were only 4 blocks from our dinner reservation in the Old market we walked since the weather was so nice.Once we walked back to the Magnolia we were pleasantly surprised by the evening cookie bar which we took advantage of. Once we woke up, we went to eat our free breakfast which was pretty good.When ever staying the night in Omaha we will be staying at the Magnolia again it is a classy hotel.

Room Tip: choose corner room for better view and more room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple