“Great first trip to Omaha”

Magnolia Hotel Omaha
Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I were only in town one night for a medical school conference. The staff at check-in was very happy to see us, even though it was already getting late. The lounge was perfect for us that night, drinks were great, and the milk and cookie bar was a good quirky touch. The next day she left early for the conference, and I sat around and enjoyed breakfast. Good choices, comfortable setting, and lots of copies of the local paper to peruse (I'd much rather read local news then USA Today)! I came down to check out at 11, and the desk staff again was super courteous, even with the check-out rush. They helped me find a couple places downtown on a Saturday to explore, and gave me some suggestions on good lunch places. Definitely the best hotel staff I've encountered.

There are newer reviews for Magnolia Hotel Omaha

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Room was run down, staff moved me to a better room. Staff very helpful. passionate about making things friendly and right for the customer. Restaurant breakfast so so , did not have a chance to do use the amenities or partake in the wine or cookie amenities.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Checked into my room which looked nice but for a pair of dirty socks sitting at the bottom of my closet. I did not feel they were a gift for me (I am not a house elf), so I called the front desk to report the socks. They were very apologetic and immediately moved me into a suite at no additional expense. The suite was nice and clean with a comfortable bed. The bathroom smelled a bit moldy though. The room was clean and specious. Excellent breakfast buffet in the morning. Nice workout facility downstairs. Staff were friendly and helpful. Valet parking was punctual and there when I needed them. Excellent location with easy access to downtown businesses and the Old Market. Omaha still has very good restaurants (Indian Oven & Stokes Grill & Bar). Overall, a very nice stay.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I had the worst experience with your front desk and with an excessive wait for our room on Easter, which was also our anniversary. This experience ended in us not staying at your hotel. As we were leaving another guest, from your presidential suite, was leaving due to the long wait for the room and the cleanliness being not to her standards. I emailed you about this incident a couple days later and still never heard back. I will NEVER recommend your establishment and will needless to say never reserve a room with you again!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mandi B
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Beautiful hotel with a convenient location. Best of all the service is excellent. From the folks at check in to the valet and bartenders, everyone was fast, friendly, and very helpful. The beds are comfortable and rooms are spacious. Plus there's a great shower. And the cookies in the evening are a very nice touch.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Magnolia Hotel has the best customer service around. It was very welcoming and comfortable. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The 24hr complimentary shuttle was useful. The next time we come to Omaha, we will be staying at The Magnolia Hotel!!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here before seeing the Lion King at the Orpheum, only a half-block away. Loved the location, loved the old building, neat corner room, and the free happy hour was nice--the bartender was a nice friendly young man, the car valet was nice. Had a nice, fuzzy feeling about the place until the next morning...checkout is 11 a.m., which is kind of early if you're there to go to the theater the night before. We asked for a late check-out (just NOON, ONE EXTRA HOUR) and were told brusquely by the desk clerk that we couldn't have late check-out because they had 80 reservations that night. Really? That's the impression you'd leave people with??? So much for enjoying the theater district and a nice lazy brunch. Get out! I just wouldn't recommend this place, that's all I can remember about it, that's the last impression I have of the place and it was not a good one. In contrast, we went down to Hotel Deco for breakfast and even though we weren't staying there, they fell all over us. That's where we're staying next time.

1  Thank OlatheRoadTripper