“Beautiful hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
Omaha, Nebraska
“Beautiful hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I got married at the Magnolia. It's an absolutely beautiful and unique hotel in downtown Omaha. The staff is amazing and great to work with. They even catered to us having a strictly vegetarian meal. Overall, I loved the hotel, but had some issues with the room. After our wedding, we stayed in the presidential suite. The suite itself was beautiful, but obviously the building is pretty old. During our short stay (1 night), my allergies were so bad (from whatever was in the walls of our room) that I was constantly sneezing, congested and overall, miserable. After a few hours of attempting to sleep in the suite, we had a flight to catch (which I was extremely grateful for). My parents attended the breakfast that morning and praised how great it was. Overall, an excellent place to get married (especially if you don't react badly to old buildings) and great service!

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

I booked the romance package as a Christmas gift for my husband...a chance to get away just the two of us...lovely roses and chocolate dipped strawberries...a trail of roses petals to the bed was a great touch!...we love staying at the Magnolia...had a king parlor suite this time...I really prefer the king corner suite...it just seemed larger and more modern...anyway we will book again...the lounge staff is fabulous!...

Room Tip: King corner suite big windows with great light!
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sarah4501
Evanston, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I chose this hotel for business travel as a change from the Holiday Inn/Hampton Inn routine & I was very pleased. The hotel staff were friendly & polite upon my arrival, the valet parking service was prompt & the room was clean & adequate for a quick one night stay. The hotel is well situated in a good downtown location, close to restaurants & the lively old market area. The building has lots of character & is very charming. No complaints at all.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Simon M
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

A beautiful building with very comfy and warm rooms; beds were perfect and truly enjoyed the space we had! A warm, cordial staff always quick with a smile and helpful at all times; the cookies & milk at night is a special touch. Enjoyed a few drinks in their wonderful lounge and thought the space outside in the courtyard was gorgeous; an outstanding hotel which our family will enjoy staying at in the near future. Highly recommend their hotel; top notch!

Room Tip: Had a King Parlor Suite; loved the two levels and having a separate living room.
1 Thank Kelli M
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I purchased a gift certificate (and paid full value for it) for my parents. When I attempted to book them a room on New Year's Eve, I was told this was a "blackout period" for gift certificates, even though I was not informed that there were black out periods when I purchased the gift certificate. Then, although I was promised a refund, a manager later called me back and told me I would not be receiving one. I have never heard of having blackout periods for a gift certificate (which essentially you are paying full value for). This is a really deceptive business practice that seems to be designed to take advantage of paying customers. I would expect this sort of low-rent practice and customer service from a pay-by-the-hour motel, not from a hotel that claims to be a 4 star hotel.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Molly R
Kearney, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

My stay at the Magnolia was excellent with no problems. The room was excellent and clean. I would encourage anyone to stay at the Magnolia. The staff was friendly and accomadating. The food in the lounge was also excellent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bettendorf, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I chose the Magnolia because of its proximity to the Orpheum Theater and I'm so glad I did. I was running short of time when I checked in so the complimentary wine in the Lounge along with an appetizer made a great dinner before the show. They also served a great complimentary full hot breakfast in the morning. Valet service was wonderful. Room was very clean and spacious. Would definitely stay there again if in downtown Omaha.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo