“Great Hotel”

Magnolia Hotel Omaha
Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 6 weeks while I was in Omaha on business. The staff was very nice and helpful. The breakfast bar in the morning was great and the cookies at night was a nice treat. The only reason I did not rate this hotel a 5 was because of the valet parking. I didn't feel it was necessary. The parking lot is directly behind the hotel and there is access from the rear entrance of the hotel. Some of the valet were better than others.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Magnolia Hotel Omaha

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Lots of frills: milk and cookies in the evening, manager's happy hour with free drinks, pretty good breakfast, personal and prompt shuttle service pickup/dropoff at venues in town, etc... The room was very nice and clean and the location is perfect for visiting the court house scene, the old market, the pedestrian bridge, etc.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My sister and I stayed at The Magnolia, Omaha on Sept 11-15. Flight was early, check-in was painless, (booked through Travalocity), and we were given our (2 double bed room) early. Room was clean, and comfortable. We even witnessed housekeeping using a toothbrush to scrub the lobby baseboard! Everything worked, except I couldn't get the thermostat to adjust. We either had to turn the air on or off. I couldn't turn it up or down. It never got too warm for the 2 of us, but at one point it got too cold. We shut it off, and then I got up in the middle of the night to turn it back on. Just a little annoyance. Carpeting looked clean and new. I liked the benches below each bed for our suit cases. Bathroom came equipped with more towels than my sister and I needed. It also had a hair dryer that wasn't attached to the wall. ( a real plus for me). Soaps, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and bath gel. The one thing we missed was laundry facilities, and a fridge. It didn't have either of those things, but the location, and shuttle service made up for it. This hotel is about 2 blocks from Old Market. We easily walked there every evening. The 24 hour shuttle service was excellent. The drivers were friendly, and accommodating. They had their own phone number, and would pick you up, or drop you off within a 4 mile radius of the hotel. The Cookies were excellent the first day, but kept getting less fresh as the week went on. I thought the milk tasted funny, but that was probably because I'm used to drinking Pennsylvania 2% milk. My sister and I both really enjoyed the lounge area, and would have drinks, or coffee every night by the fire. We ate at the restaurant twice. It was hit or miss. On the first evening she ordered the steak bites, and fries. The steak was mouth-watering, the sweet potato fries came in a cup, the bottom fries were drowning in katsup or some tomato-based sauce. I ordered the same dish another night, with the sauce on the side, but my steak tips were a little more gristle-y. She ordered the cheeseburger, and it was excellent. The waiter was attentive, and friendly, but when he asked me if I wanted another pepsi, (yes), he brought my sister one as well. Not really a problem, except she already had almost a full pepsi in front of her, and he charged us both for another drink. We didn't complain. Probably our fault for not catching it on the bill, and we really aren't complainers unless it's major. We just assumed they had free refills. The only other complaint I have of this hotel is when I sat down at the bar around 12 noon, on Friday to wait for my ride. I wanted to get a soft drink. I never got waited on, even though the waitress was right across from me looking over the receipt strip in the cash register. There were only 2 other people at the bar, and a group of 4 at one of the tables. At one point she just walked out from behind the bar, and disappeared. My ride showed up, and I never did get my soft drink. Probably only a 5 minute wait, but it seemed endless. I had my ride stop to pick me up a soda, so it really wasn't a big deal, but it might be something for them to work on. I would have to say in conclusion, that for the most part this is a very nice hotel, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathy S
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel had character, but was very clean and comfortable. The easy walk to Old Market area made it very convenient. The hotel was booked full with a wedding reception, so I was expecting a lot of noise at night, but I could hear much less than I expected.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very attractive renovated building - a bit of an architectural gem. In a great location close to the old downtown as well as the business center. Safe, clean locale. Found the staff really attentive. They have a shuttle which will cheerfully take you anywhere in the central area. We used it to get to/from the airport. The only parking available is their valet parking at $15 per day - the valet service was great but I'm a fan of parking my own car.

Great breakfast buffet with a good selection of food, although staff did not appear particularly watchful and some items ran out and were not promptly refreshed.

One warning - the rooms do not have bathtubs. The shower was lovely but my spouse sure missed the ability to soak in a tub. Seems to be a common trend in newer hotel reno's but for some travellers there's nothing like a bathtub to soak in.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I had a very good time. We stayed the night of our wedding and the next. The hotel is a nice walk away from the markey district or if we wanted to go farther the Valet were quick and friendly. It is an old hotel so you can hear the pipes going sometimes, but the customer service and amenities far out shine the minor annoyances. The room wasnt quite what we expected for our suite, but the jacuzzi more than made up for it. The price seems a bit much for the room, but not when you consider all the freebies the toss in to the mix. We look forward to staying again.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Location is downtown Omaha made walking to shops, antique stores, restaurants, sports bars and boutiques easy. Sraff was more than friendly, helpful and polite. This is an historic hotel with all the modern conveniences.

Room Tip: Fourth floor was quiet and sunny.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family