“Great stay”

Magnolia Hotel Omaha
Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I had a very good time. We stayed the night of our wedding and the next. The hotel is a nice walk away from the markey district or if we wanted to go farther the Valet were quick and friendly. It is an old hotel so you can hear the pipes going sometimes, but the customer service and amenities far out shine the minor annoyances. The room wasnt quite what we expected for our suite, but the jacuzzi more than made up for it. The price seems a bit much for the room, but not when you consider all the freebies the toss in to the mix. We look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Location is downtown Omaha made walking to shops, antique stores, restaurants, sports bars and boutiques easy. Sraff was more than friendly, helpful and polite. This is an historic hotel with all the modern conveniences.

Room Tip: Fourth floor was quiet and sunny.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed one night at the Magnolia of Omaha. The room was very clean and well-appointed. I didn't experience any undue noise from the hallway or other rooms. We even had a view of the 4th of July fireworks from our window. Because I got in quite late, I didn't get to experience the bar, but it looked like people were having a good time. The breakfast the next morning was excellent. Lots of choices and very fresh food. We booked through Priceline and got a double for about $70.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Acoustics of this hotel are horrible. I could hear every word going on in the hallway - which is somewhat understandable as it's an old hotel with poor insulation. But i also had a room that had a shared door with the room next door which resulted in being able to hear everything the couple in that room was doing - from going to the bathroom to even being able to hear them yawn. For $200 per night I expect way more, luckily I was there for a wedding and had a discounted rate. I've stayed in rooms throughout the world that are $200 per night and believe me - for that much - way more was provided. No mini-fridge, no in-room safe, small room, not so great mattress, dirty curtains. Seriously Magnolia, if you want to be top tier, start paying attention to the basics AND the details.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Excellent accomodations and the service is always incredible. The breakfast is above and beyond. The staff is always availible if there is ever any issues. As a person who always used to stay at the Double Tree I can officially say the Magnolia is my only hotel. The corner rooms make you feel like a king in a castle.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Shuttle service was a huge plus. The 2 drivers I had were very friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable of the area. I was there midweek so the hotel was kinda slow. They were willing to take me to midtown where I had an appointment.
Bartenders and servers in the lounge were fast and friendly.
Front desk was very helpful when I asked them stupid questions. I told them that I forgot the pack a toothbrush, toothpaste, and deodorant and they just reached under the front counter and gave it to me at no charge.
My room was spotless everyday.
Only negative is that the breakfast food wasn't as warm as it should have been even as soon as it was put out, but it was still good.
It's a few blocks away from Old Market, but it's a short walk and the area is very safe.
I would defiantly stay at Magnolia Omaha next time I'm in town.

Room Tip: I was in room 256 (all the way to the left when you get out of the elevators) facing the intersectio...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Horrible noise and could hear everything going on in the hallway and neighboring rooms. Got a better night sleep at home when we had a newborn!! Small rooms, hard beds, no fridge. Not worth the $170 a night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Travelers also viewed these Omaha hotels
Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area
Hilton Omaha
#10 of 82 in Omaha
Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha - Downtown

Been to Magnolia Hotel Omaha? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Magnolia Hotel Omaha

Address: 1615 Howard Street, Omaha, NE 68102-2705
Location: United States > Nebraska > Omaha
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Luxury Hotel in Omaha
#2 Romantic Hotel in Omaha
#4 Business Hotel in Omaha
#6 Family Hotel in Omaha
Price Range: $137 - $357 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Magnolia Hotel Omaha 4*
This downtown Omaha hotel offers stylish rooms & suites located near many major corporate headquarters and offices. The hotel also features meeting & event facilities and extended stay accommodations. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Magnolia Hotel Omaha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Magnolia Omaha Hotel Omaha