“Historic and Convenient Retreat in the City”

Magnolia Hotel Omaha
Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Historic and Convenient Retreat in the City”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Enjoyed my overnight stay in this historic hotel on the edge of the Old Market. It's on the National Register of Historic Places (Aquila Court Building). Check-in was fast and easy. I was assigned a corner king with three large windows and lots of light. Room was very clean and newly renovated. The bed was firm, yet still comfortable. (Those who prefer a soft pillow top mattress may be disappointed.) Flat screen cable TV had several true HD channels. In-room wireless internet was free and fast. All marble bathroom had Gilchrest & Soames toiletries. No tub, but shower stall was very roomy.

Amenities include free breakfast (6-10am), happy hour (beer & wine, 5:30-6:30pm), and milk and cookies (8-10pm). I only partook of the breakfast. I was disappointed because the scrambled eggs were dried out and rubbery and the french toast sticks were hard as a rock (at 8am). Had I arrived at 6am, I think everything would have been fresher.

The other problem I encountered was that neither computer in the library was working. I had a laptop, but I needed to print my boarding pass. It took two requests to get the computers running. The second technician, Cliff, did a great job and I was able to get my passes printed after about 15 minutes of waiting.

Would I stay again in this neighborhood? Definitely, as long as the price was competitive with other nearby hotels. If you are looking for a great alternative bar in the neighborhood, check out the Max. It's very upscale and friendly and just two blocks away.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We tried to book the hotel this evening and was told the rate was $259, the same price as seen on discount websites. When we called back to make a reservation, we were told of a $129/night special and we asked if that was the correct price, due to our previous call. We booked the hotel, only to learn that we were booked at the Houston site, and NOT the Omaha location, even though we called the phone number for Omaha. We immediately called back to clear up the error and even though the staff and management all admitted to their errors, absolutely no price adjustment could be made for our travel. I guess their 'exclusivity' allows them to make errors of this nature, admit it, and still not try to please a customer and earn their business. Their arrogance has lost them a potential customer and I advise others to beware of their booking practices!

Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Great place to stay. It's close to Old Market. The staff is super friendly, and the hotel is beautiful!!

My hubby and I had planned on doing something on Saturday, but it was just too perfect in the room, just stayed in and enjoyed the room.

Oxford, Mississippi
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Magnolia Hotel in Omaha following a conference at another city and found this to be a well-managed property with a staff that understands how best to serve hotel patrons. Check-in was very efficient, the fitness center on basement level was adequately equipped, and we had very easy access to the airport on the morning of our departure. The hotel's proximity to the Old Market area of Omaha is a big plus, with many of the best restaurants within easy walking distance.

Room Tip: Well-equipped fitness center, good breakfast included in room price, central location for all sights...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful 2 night stay! Horel staff was very friendly and accomodating very quiet even though our room was street side. Beds were extremely comfortable. Beautiful old building in a great location to downtown. Bartender makes a great vodka martini and was very friendly! Recommend the Flat Iron Cafe across the street for dinner!!!

Omaha, NE
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We had a great experience at the Magnolia. The hotel was nicer than I expected and the staff all went above and beyond my expectations. We were here for a wedding in the Old Market....it was close enough to walk but the staff was more than willing to drive us as well. The complimentary breakfast buffet was one of the better ones that I have seen. Love the close location to the Old Market. Would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Holts Summit, Missouri
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We had a group of 20 women traveling together. We chose the Magnolia for several reasons: 1) it was an historic building in a prime location (only 3 blocks from the Old Market), 2) it had great amenities (complimentary breakfast, wine/beer reception each evening, and cookies/milk/coffee each night), and 3) it had great reviews. I must say our experience at the Omaha Magnolia was everything I hoped it would be. The service was wonderful. Everyone at the hotel was eager to serve us in any way possible and went out of their way to do so. The hotel itself is beautiful and the rooms are very well appointed and very comfortable. I highly recommend the Omaha Magnolia to anyone who wants to experience the Old Market area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends