“Nice, comfortable, and great location.”

Sonesta ES Suites Omaha
Ranked #17 of 83 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Hotel very nice. Expansive lobby and comfortable rooms. Included a breakfast the next morning. We thought some pastries and maybe scrambled eggs. NO!!! They had a full out omlet station, buffet, Mickey pancakes, the works. It was awesome. Additionally, the gym was really nice. It's small, but the equipment in good shape and had free weights.

The best though is the location. Right across from the market which is quaint and full of restaurants and brewry's.

Omaha in general is a very nice place. My first visit and I would love to go back... and of course reasonable distance to Lincoln to go to a game.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed September 9, 2010

I have stayed at four different Residence Inns on an extended basis. While all have been satisfying, the staff and facilities at this location are exceptional.

This Residence Inn has recently been renovated and everything is new and nicely done. However, what makes this Residence Inn exceptional are the staff - and I mean all of the staff at every level - housekeeping, maintenance, front-desk, and management. You could attribute this to good management, but you cannot manage well if you do not have good people.

Finally, the breakfasts and the social hour are really beyond what I experienced at other Residence Inns in terms of quality - and, I overheard others commenting as well.

NOTE: Length of stay: Approximately six months

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2010

This hotel is awesome! It is set up like a small apartment complex. The rooms are as nice as any five star hotel I have stayed in. The property has recently been renovated. We loved the pool area. They have a fire pit and grill area. Our family enjoyed sitting outside in the evenings using the pool and this outdoor gathering area. This really is a great hotel to relax at.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank JP1772
Reviewed July 23, 2010

I stayed at this property for one night during the College World Series. Though the outside is dated, the interior has undergone significant renovations. The interior of the rooms stands up to the best Courtyard properties I have stayed in. The management and staff are very friendly and will do anything to ensure a pleasant stay. My colleague had an issue with her room during our stay and the manager was very quick to address the issue. If I am in the area again, I will stay here again, especially if on an extended stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2010

6 adults, and 5 kids stayed over the weekend for two nights. We had booked three of the Penthouse Suites to accomodate each family. The rennovations are nice, and currently still underway. We saw the workers, but really noticed very little noise. The granite countertops in the bathrooms and kitchen were beautiful, so is the new dark wood cabinetry. The kitchen was complete with all the necessary basic cooking utensils, a full size refrigerator, stove, oven and dishwasher. The beds were VERY comfortable. The new room set up affords more privacy - and we loved having two full bathrooms (one per floor).

The pool was nice and clean, with plenty of pool towels available. They even have brand new pool furniture, which was very nice. They have added a wonderful large fire pit and spectacular gas grill, which we were able to use. The staff even brought us wire hangers to use so we could make smores on the fire pit. The KIDS loved that!! Plenty of pool charge and nice lounger seats around the fire pit made it an amazing night.

They have all sorts of equipment you can borrow to play tennis, volleyball or basketball on their court in the middle of the property. The kids had a great time here!

The free breakfast was far better than any other I have personally seen. Bacon, scrambled eggs, bagels,pasteries, cereal, toast, waffles, pancakes, hash browns, yogurt, fresh fruit - just to name a few. They were complimented with fruit juices (apple, orange and cranberry) and also regular or decaf coffee (hot chocolate packets for the kids too). The breakfast area was kept clean and well stocked during our visit.

Parking is free - which is another great perk. We drove to Old Market several times, each trip took us about 10 minutes. The drive to the Zoo (which I highly recommend you visit) was just under 15 minutes from this hotel.

Later in the evening all 11 of us retreated to the lobby area of the club house to play games. The staff assisted us in pushing tables together to accomodate all of us. We stayed past 11PM, and no one seemed to mind. The security guard on staff seemed to enjoy our presence as well, keeping us company during our stay in the clubhouse.

A Taco Bell is located directly across the street, which is great for a late night run. By day the traffic would be heavy, but in the evening not a bad walk.

The hotel is hidden behind a Office Max store, kind of off the beaten path with tons of different restaurants (fast food and sit down) all within a few blocks. A Hy Vee Grocery store is less than a mile away too.

There was a desktop computer & printer available in the lobby for hotel guests to use. Free wi-fi was offered in the room and our internet was flawless and fast.

Pets are welcome, for an additional fee. We saw a few, but encountered no noise issues.

The workout room has an incredible amount of brand new, very nice equipment - be sure not to miss out on this.

I have only two negatives to say about our trip -

1) I phoned as we were driving to the hotel since I was in charge of booking the three rooms for our large group. I was informed they did not have enough Penthouse Suites, only 2 were available (I booked & confirmed the trip with a credit card on March 23rd for a July 9 - 11 vacation for three Penthouse Suites). The young lady on the phone stated they would work out the problem or move us to another hotel. I was hesitant, but decided not to worry about it, and by the time we arrived, it was worked out that all three were available and we had no further problems.

2) On Saturday morning, and 3:22AM we were awakened by a trash truck backing up to empty the trash dumpsters of an adjacent business. I could not believe the loud banging of the dumpsters and the beepers of the backing truck at such an awful hour of the night. We stayed in building 2, so I would recommend you ask to stay on the back side of the property to avoid this noise nuisance.

We would DEFINATELY stay again. The staff was wonderful and most accomodating, the rooms were well appointed and very clean. The air conditioning in our unit was outstanding.

The updating is still taking place, but appears it is almost finsihed.

Overall, great update to your units!!!

We would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank spdblondie
Reviewed November 2, 2009

We had a very nice stay at the Residence Inn. The Penthouse suite was very spacious and comfortable. The rooms were very clean. The kitchen was very well set up and furnished (my favorite part of the whole suite). Overall, it was a very nice stay. Only disadvantage: no elevators – have to carry luggage up the stairs. And we had one undesirable experience with the management. If staying here in Omaha again, I would probably shop around, but most likely would end up back here, because the price was good for the nice accommodations. I could only wish for a little better hospitality from the staff. Again, overall a good experience.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2009

Was just there and they are renovating everything. most of it has been completed. not sure I like the patio door being so accessible from the outside,but didn't encounter any problems while I was there.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
sparks0121, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2009

Thank you so much for commenting on your recent visit to the Residence Inn Omaha! Yes, we are being renovated and we are very proud of our new product. We are slated to complete the whole project later this fall. We hope that you will come and see the completed product which will include a brand new Gatehouse.