“Nice property in a convient location.”

Sonesta ES Suites Omaha
Ranked #19 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Nice property in a convient location.”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

My wife, myself and my two sons (18 and 20) stayed here just one night. I know it is for longer stays but where do 4 people stay without paying for two rooms. We got a lofted suite, 2 bedrooms and 2 full baths. The property was clean. The sheets and pillowcases were crisp. Some wear to the furniture but that is to be expected. The check- in took a little longer than expected as it seems the desk person couldn't determine which suites had been cleaned. But once that was resolved it went fine. It seems the structure is older as the stairs to the loft creaked and the loft area floor did too. Late night conversation outside could be heard through the walls. Overall I thought this property was in a decent area, (its a block off the main drag Dodge Street) completely fenced off, and was a good deal for the cost, comfortable bed, good water pressure and a decent breakfast too. Thumbs up as far as I'm concerned.

Room Tip: We chose a lofted suite during cooler weather within view of a fire pit and swimming pool so late n...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Taz1040
Blair R, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Omaha, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us here at the Residence Inn Omaha Central. We are happy that you found our Penthouse Suite to fitting of your needs while traveling with your family. We hope to see you again soon here at the Residence Inn Omaha Central!

Blair Riffel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
az
Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is a wonderful hotel. The breakfast awesome, evening social super and rooms are clean and comfy but the real deal is the staff. Blair and crew went out of their way to keep our volleyball club happy and content. They took great care of us during the tourney but the real deal was when most of us had to come back and stay because flight was cancelled. They opened their doors even wider to welcome us back! This hotel is a gem and we will return!!!!

Room Tip: Top floor is always my fav the two story rooms are the best! Studio is comely too!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank kmjg
Blair R, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Omaha, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us here at the Residence Inn Omaha! We hope you made it back to Phoenix safely and the girls were not too worn out after the extended weekend. We look forward to seeing you and your team again next year.
Good luck the rest of the way with your tournaments!

Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The rooms here were nice, they looked more modern than what I was expecting from the outside of the building and the lobby area. Very nice and clean and the parking was always a breeze. The bed was a bit hard for my tastes and the room had a vent cover that rattled constantly, but no big issues. I liked that it had a full size dishwasher and an oven not just a stove top, and the location was great.

The staff could take some lessons from the staff at the downtown location, they were very short with me every time I when to the lobby area, so I avoid interaction with them as much as possible.

I had to use the computer in the lobby to print off a few things one day and I'd suggest just tossing that thing in the garbage along with the printer ASAP.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Blair R, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Omaha, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Jeremy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us here that Residence Inn Omaha.
I am glad you found our hotel a nice surprise when you entered our rooms. I also would like to thank you for your input about our business center PC and the staff. These suggestions will be taken into account and have not fallen on deaf ears. If you have the time and would like to contact me personally regarding your stay I welcome the oppurtunity to speak with you sir. My direct email is briffel@fhginc.com and the phone number to the hotel is (402)553-8898.

Again, thank you for taking time to review our location!

Monmouth, Illinois
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We have a Daughter and family that reside in Omaha and have chosen this spot to stay when we visit Omaha. It is not far from her home..and close to a very nice West Roads Mall. We enjoy it as it looks like a home..we enjoy having a kitchen and living room with a fireplace and lovely accomodations. Our service is top quality,the staff are all very friendly people, and the hot breakfast they serve is just like home. We highly recommend staying there! We were just there for 5 days over the Christmas Holiday while our Daughter had a procedure with her heart. I fixed part of the Christmas dinner in our kitchen. We had a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: We had asked for a ground floor suite as I was using a cane after fracturing bones in my foot. We w...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dorothy,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the Residence Inn Omaha. We are glad that you felt at home while being away from home during the holidays. We strive to give every guest the best experience possible while they are here whether it is business or pleasure. I have passed your kind words onto our staff here at the hotel. We hope to see you again soon, hopefully for more pleasure next time!

Grand Island, Nebraska
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night. My husband had to have surgery early in the morning at UNMC so the location of the hotel to the hospital was great. There's also lots of places to eat and shopping nearby. I would suggest this place if you planned on staying here a week or longer not necessarily an overnight stay. Dont get me wrong it is a nice hotel but its just a personal preference. If you are staying long term there is a front closet right when you walk in to hang your coat. The kitchen is very nice. It has a full size fridge, dish washer, microwave, kitchen sink, some dishes and a small kitchen table with two chairs. There's a pull out couch that someone can sleep in, a desk, a flat screen tv and a queen size bed. I didn't like the bathroom set up. The tub and toilet were separate from the sink area. That's not what necessarily bugged me, it was the fact there was no door separating from the sink area to the bed area. So while my husband was sleeping I couldn't really get ready in the morning without disturbing him. It would be great if there was a door between bedroom and sink area. That's just personal preference. Otherwise that's the only thing that really bothered me. That and since the hotel is more for those staying a while, the rooms are more like a cluster of apartment buildings. So that was a little different then what I'm used to. I'm used to walking into a hotel and that's where all the rooms are along with the front desk, fitness room, dining room and what not. So I'm not saying steer clear of this hotel but for us, its not necessarily a convenient place to stay overnight. I didn't get to eat the breakfast offered at the hotel so I can't comment on that. Since its November, I cant comment on the pool and I didn't have much time to check out the fitness room.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Blair R, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Omaha, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Nicole,

Thank you for your review of our property. We are glad your experience was great. We hope to see you again, and just for a get away next time, not for surgery! We hope next time you are in town it is warmer and you can use our pool and eat breakfast as well.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Des Moines, IA
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our 34th anniversary. we wanted a get a way and traved to Omaha. We have stayed here before and love this hotel! The staff was so nice and recommended a place called Garats for dinner.Iy was great. We have stayed here 3 other times and willl stay again! Clean rooms wit a fire place. The log is free the first night. Breakfast was awesome. I love this place!!

Room Tip: lower level rooms the floor above creeks, so upstairs is less noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are glad you were able to get away with us here for your anniversary and that you enjoyed your experience. We look forward to seeing you again on your next get away to Omaha!

Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were passing through Omaha and have five words to describe this Residence Inn as we love the older styled Residence Inns-WONDERFUL Staff, Food, Rooms, Parking and Perfect overall experience. Thanks you! We will be back in December when we come here for our nieces Christmas program.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Blair R, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Omaha, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dan,

Thank you for your most recent review of our property. We look forward to seeing you again soon when you are back for your nieces Christmas program! We are glad your experience here with us was worth reviewing and your comments were greatly appreciated!