New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Sonesta ES Suites Omaha

Sonesta ES Suites Omaha
Ranked #18 of 83 Hotels in Omaha
Kansas City, Missouri
“Nice hotel if you need some space”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights while on business. It's basically a studio apartment with free breakfast in the lobby, a small pool, fitness center and a basketball court.

It seemed that there were several guests who were here long term, and I can see why. The rooms are comfortable, equipped with everything you might need.

The hotel sits behind an office max, so it's a little hard to find if you don't know to look for it. It's also across the street from a Target and several restaurants are within walking distance.

Nice place to come back to and relax after a long day of meetings!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Blair R, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Omaha, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad you were able to unwind in our suite after your meetings. I have personally passed on your experience to our staff, they always reading these reviews!

Blair Riffel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Kearney, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

My wife and I had a one night stay here at the start of our vacation and really enjoyed it. Some of the positives. The thing that most stood out to me was the excellent guest service from a number of employees there. The front desk attendants were very helpful and friendly and we enjoyed a short conversation with the breakfast staff in the morning. We were given a penthouse suite upon arrival and really enjoyed the setup. There was a nice kitchen and living room area that was highlighted by the fireplace in the living room. There was a master bedroom and also another bed in a second floor loft. The food was also above average if not great. Monday through Thursday they have a small complimentary dinner they offer for a couple of hours as well as beer and wine which is an amazing benefit. The rooms are set up in little Pods of separate buildings that gives the pretense of being a "gated community" with the main office/breakfast area and a small volleyball/basketball court being in the center. Each pod probably has 6-8 rooms each and we didn't hear anything from our neighbors the entire time we were there. The other great thing is that there are lots of resturants and a mall within two blocks of this hotel and is only 3 blocks away from the Megabus depot that goes to Chicago.

The negatives. It can be very hard to find this hotel. It is behind an office max off of the main street and until it was dark out, the hotel signage is incredibly hard to see so we had to circle the block a couple of times. The positive is being back off the busy Dodge street means the traffic noise is greatly reduced. One other thing that I noticed was the quality of some of the things in the hotel room. It was evident that it had been refurbished sometime in the past year or two but it appeared a lot of it had been done halfway i.e. the new paint on the door was sloppy and spotty in some parts and some of the products were obviously cheaply made which leads me to believe that things will start falling apart/looking worn again soon. The last thing was that during early December this room was incredibly dry. I was constantly getting shocked when touching metal objects and my skin was irritated after my shower because of the incredible lack of humidity so beware of that and plan accordingly if traveling during the winter.

Overall a great stay and this hotel is definitely going to be at the top of my considerations for future trips!

Room Tip: The penthouse suite is a nice option if you have need of two separate bedrooms. It also has a firepl...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I were only in Omaha for two nights but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were in town so that I could attend a Taylor Swift concert in downtown Omaha. The hotel was only about a 10 minute drive from Century Link event center and the downtown area. It was perfect for us since we were also traveling with a small dog. We felt right at home and very comfortable in our room. While we could hear our neighbors at times, for us this was not an issue since we live in a condo and have grown used to it. We still felt that we had a nice, quiet room. The bed was very comfortable and clean and the room was nicely furnished. We also loved the shower!

The staff was very accomodating and friendly. They were even kind enough to let me print off my concert tickets on their computer when the guest computer would not open my emailed tickets. I was so appreciative!

I don't know when we will be back in Omaha, but we both agree that we would love to stay here again. We felt right at home!

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed there for a couple nights, was able to negociate great rate of $114 per night. Room was very clean and quiet. Gret location close to highway system, shopping & restaraunts. Didn't partake in their FREE 3 times per week dinner, but a lot of people did, however I had breakfast which was excellent. Staff was very friendly and helpful w/restaraunt recommendations.

Room Tip: Not really, very nice place for the value.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Me and my family has stayed at this location numerous times.....for weddings, family events, birthdays .... it is always such a great place.

Most recently after a birthday celebration with my family... I returned to my base in Kansas City.... I realized I had left some very precious earrings in our room ( we had checked out 2 days before)

I was worried sick....until I called Georgia at the front desk....housekeeping had found my earrings and turned them in.

Soooo overjoyed. I just think this place (and everyone who works there) is outstanding..... and this is one more reason that showcases it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a few nights in November, 2012 for a business trip. Property sits back from Dodge Street a bit, so it is a little quieter than one might expect. CrossRoads Mall is about 1/4 mile west. Many big box stores in the area and restaurants. Depending on traffic 15 - 20 minutes from the airport. Check-In was fast. Asst Manager Georgia did a great job of welcoming us for a requested early check-in. Hotel was fully booked while I was there. My room was an upgrade when I arrived. Had a two queen size bed room with a loft (really) with a separate bed and bath. The loft overlooks the living room. Living room is furnished with couch and a comfy chair with ottoman. Wood burning fireplace is there. First log free from hotel mgt. Full kitchen in my room. This place would have been a nice apt if I was looking for a place to live. Hot breakfast daily is standard fare but good. Complimentary snacks or light meal served Monday - Wednesday evenings. A worthy place to stay with a fresh look, I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

This property is not the fanciest property in Omaha, but they have the nicest staff. The rooms are small suites with lots of room, small kitchen, flat-screen television, free wireless Internet, clean pool, small 24-hour fitness center, and free breakfast. When checking in, you are usually offered a freshly-baked individually-wrapped chocolate chip cookie (if they are still available; they do not last long). If you have a large business credit account, you can probably afford better. But if you (government employees, for example) want the most for your $$$, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: I hate to give this secret up, but the 500 series rooms seem to have the best wireless Internet sign...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business