“Courtyard like - but good location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Omaha Marriott

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Omaha Marriott
Ranked #50 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
Chicago, Illinois
“Courtyard like - but good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2007

Marriott Omaha is near Regency Circle mall area. The hotel is similar to a big city Courtyard (i.e. Chicago, New York) in terms of hotel and smaller room size with some Marriott extras like a full restaurant. The mattresses were very comfortable, rooms, clearn but front desk service was inconsistent. Valet service (shirts or car) available at some Marriott properties not available.

I like the location- Bonefish Restaurant across the street was excellent, as was the casual restaurants in the small mall. A Whole Foods was about two blocks away. And a full / regional mall within a half-mile surrounded by restaurants.

One problem was interstate noise did penetrate through the windows all night, but more of a consistent hush than real loud.

Marriott charges for internet, except for in the business center or lounge.

I would definetely stay here again when in Omaha. Overall a pleasant stay.

Stayed February 2007
1 Thank ChiTown-Crawler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott for the UT vs Nebraska football game. We decided to stay in Omaha and drive in, since I could get a reservation at this hotel at the last minute.

We loved this hotel! I travel a lot for business, so I have been all over and stayed many places. This hotel was staffed with very nice, considerate people. the rooms were great ...nice and clean and the beds were super comfortable!

i loved the hotel and would stay again!

Stayed October 2006
3 Thank Texas97
Crystal Lake, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2006

While my son stayed at Boy's Town for two years, we made the trip to Omaha numerous times to visit. After one awful hotel stay elesewhere, we decided to start staying at the Marriott. This hotel is a little off the beaten path, but once you find it, it's wonderful. We stayed there probably six or seven times for long weekends. We found that there are several poolside rooms with patios that face a courtyard which are wonderful. If you can get these rooms, they are the best in the hotel. It is so nice to sit outside on their very nicely manicured gardens and patio. If you want to use the pool, it is just steps away from your patio. There are tables and lounge chairs set up.

The rooms themselves are basic Marriot rooms, nothing too impressive. The hotel itself does appear to not be aging too well, and could probably use an overhaul, but it is still night and day between an average Marriott and a nice La Quinta, for example.

We had a couple of problems over the many different trips with the front desk, but it was usually because of new employees having an attitude problem or not knowing something and couldn't be bothered to find out. A quick discussion with a manager cleared things up right away.

We loved the gift shop. If you like purses, this is the place for you! They always seem to have the cutest one of a kind purses.

I love the self serve coffee in the morning set up right inside the restaurant in the lobby. We usually end up having cocktails at the bar almost nightly when we stay there, the prices are good, the drinks are good, and the staff has always been more than friendly. We usually eat at the breakfast buffett and are more than satisified. There is always something for everyone. There is a made to order egg/omelet station.

The pool needs refurbishment, but definately does its job. It is an indoor / outdoor pool and while the weather holds out, you can swim outside without having to get out of the water. They do close it off in the winter. It is not a big pool, so if there are not alot of people it is fine. But after dinner and weekends, you will have a difficult time finding a place to sit. People rarely bother putting their used towels away, so you never know if a chair is being used or not. Staff rarely comes in to clean.

We have been there numerous times when weddings are being held, and I have talked to many guests who just raved about the facilities, banquet rooms and the food.

You can't go wrong with this hotel, especially if you are a Marriott member. There are a zillion hotels in Omaha and we found this one to be the best one for our needs and I imagine you will too.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank kel3420
Central, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2006

I was in Omaha for a business trip the same weekend as the College World Series. Luckily, I was able to make plans well in advance and got a $129/night rate at this hotel. I had heard the rates went up as much as 50% after I booked, when you could even find a room. This is a solid full-service hotel in an excellent location, right off Dodge (the main East-West drag) and very close to I-680.

My room was clean and well-appointed but was obviously remodeled and showed signs of wear (corners of wallpaper loose in bath, knicks in wood furnishings, etc) but still quite pleasant. I was placed on the concierge floor and didn't have to pay extra. Housekeeping did a nice job and staff scrupulously observed the "don't share an elevator with a guest" rule. The front desk was especially strong, and had pre-printed directions to just about everywhere one needed to go. The restaurant provided a delicious breakfast (albeit pricey, but what hotel isn't on their food) and the bartender poured a stiff drink for the money.

This was place absolutely packed with baseball people, yet still hosted 3-4 wedding receptions on the weekend. Many places I have stayed don't handle this kind of volume well, but the Marriott Omaha Regency did a GREAT job. I will definitely be back!

4 Thank Davooda