“The service and ammenities in the Omaha Marriott exceeded our expectations”
Review of Omaha Marriott

Omaha Marriott
Ranked #50 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed July 13, 2009

We very much enjoy staying at the Omaha Marriott when we are in town. The location and amenities are just perfect for us. Our stays have always been pleasant and comfortable and the staff has always been great!

During our visit last week, we especially enjoyed the updated room with the flat screen TV (to which we hooked our laptop) and the beds were extremely comfortable as well.

We are looking forward to our next visit, maybe later this year.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 9, 2009

It was a pleasure to stay here, after reading some older negative reviews. The hotel seemed to be completely updated and was quiet, despite being filled on a busy weekend with tennis tournament participants and many others. Dining room service is slow, but there are nearby places you can walk to for a good breakfast (Paradise Cafe) or dinner (Bonefish).

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2009

We booked our room (#100) on Priceline and got a great value, however, I see now why they don't give this room to guests paying a full rate. On the first night, just as we were getting ready for bed, an obnoxiously loud thumping started in the ceiling. I thought perhaps we had "frisky" neighbors, so my husband thumped the wall a couple times. It continued. The second night, it happened again. Frustrated, I called the front desk asking if they had calls from others about this noise. The desk man told me yes, they had and that it was caused by an A/C shaft that ran over our room. He was unapologetic and offered no resolve to the issue. Upon check out today, I will be asking for a refund on our stay. If you stay here, don't book room 100 or a room near it.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank angiebanana
Reviewed April 25, 2009

After reading the reviews on this hotel, I was not sure what to expect. However, I can assure you, since the remodel -this place is great. I stayed in a standard room with a King size bed. The staff is very friendly, and the rooms are very nicely updated with high quality bedding and seating surfaces in the room and Kohler fixtures and granite countertops in the bathroom.

Bath and Body Works lotion, shampoo and conditioner were a nice touch to the updated bathroom. Plus, the tiny LED reading lights which were attached to the headboard of the bed were a great little addition to the room.

I ordered room service and was greeted by name when the front desk picked up the phone, as well as when the waitress arrived with my order from the on-site restaurant. the food was good, and service prompt. I was given a 30 minute wait time, the food arrived in 15. my total bill for a chicken sandwich and beer with 20% service fee and 1 dollar 'travel charge' was 19 dollars.

Overall, a great place to spend a night, or a few nights. Top notch staff, great new furnishings, and upscale ammenities all make this a hotel I'd stay at again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank denverhef
Reviewed April 13, 2009

The Mariott overall is a nice hotel. The rooms are VERY small. They have a lot of furniture crammed into the room. The price is high for what you get.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2008

For the price I paid ($219), you don't get good value at this older, tired hotel. Plus there were some troubling service issues.

1. The HVAC (air conditioning) system is quite old. The day was sunny causing the room to heat up. But the air conditioning has been turned off, and heat is on. Which means that if you turn the digital thermostat to 65 degrees, for example, the air conditioning does not kick in. The room will never go below 72 degrees. The hotel General Manager affirmed this as the case. I like a cool room. This wasn't possible without opening up the window (no screen and a large bee flew in !!).

2. Room service pickup of soiled dishes is extremely slow. I put my room service items outside my door at 11:30 pm. They weren't picked up (nor any one else's) until 12:30 pm the next day - 13 hours later! This is not acceptable. It's not healthy. The public areas look trashy and cluttered with all of the soiled dishes on the ground.

3. The Concierge Lounge is on the smallish side, but the food is nicely presented. But I noticed something I haven't seen at any other Marriott property - a "tips" basket. How tacky !!

On the positive side, if you ask for free in-room Internet, they will give it to you. But you have to ask.

I won't be staying here in the future.

• Stayed: October 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mshbnyehud
Reviewed August 17, 2008

We booked our stay on a price saving web site and thought that since we booked such a great deal we would receive second hand treatment. Were we ever wrong! Our room was clean and comfortable. The staff was more than courteous. Everyone went out of their way to help us. They even opened the gift shop after hours to sell us a "swimming diaper" for our baby. Our kids loved the indoor/outdoor pool. The only negative was a little bit of construction early in the morning. All in all, a great stay... We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)