“What a Welcome...”

Ranked #49 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“What a Welcome...”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I travel to Omaha every 2 weeks, infact sometimes the Marriott feels more like my home (except I don't have a poodle welcoming me). This stay was different; the General Manager welcomed me with a smile and thanked me for selecting his hotel. My luggage strap broke while in Chicago and I was struggling with my luggage. Jim (the General Manager) grabbed my luggage and assisted me to check in - later that evening he called my room and asked if the hotel could fix my luggage strap? Of course I said "yes" - the next morning my luggage peice was brought up to my room with a new strap. Thank you Marriott...for making me feel so special...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jim9597, General Manager at Omaha Marriott, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Carrie,

Thank you for you comments. It's unfortunate that you have to travel so much, but we are truly grateful that we can make your trips as comfortable as possible. It is comments like yours that become our service topics of success. We challenge each staff member daily to try to create a memorable experience such as this one.

We truly look forward to seeing you in the very near future,

Jim Crawford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
York, NE
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Great place to have meeting and near many great restaurants for your evening meal. We had food from the hotel for breakfast and lunch and the hotel and it was very good. Hotel staff that worked our meeting room was excellent but the room was very cold during our stay. Common areas are updated and nice. Staff at the hotel counter were nice and they will provide you a morning paper free. Hotel sleeping rooms need a little update in the bsthroom. I am 6 ft 2 and I had to bend down or sit on the stool to see my face. Mirror was just hung low in the rooms on the first floor section. 3 weddings, a reunion and a couple other gatherings on Saturday night but quiet in sleeping areas. I think some of the rooms on the upper floors have been updated but our's had not yet. When you opened up the door from our room to go out it smelled stale but no one else had that experience in other sections. Meeting food was good.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Omaha
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was the chair of a convention that used this hotel. The service was terrfic by engineering, banquet, sales rooms and all employees. The hotel staff constantly exceeded expectations in accomodating our small convention (65). The only downer was wedding two nights in a row being served in the hallway we had to pass through to reach our banquet room. The food was exceptional. Prices were very competitive. The public areas are newly decorated and very attractive. We had some special needs as we held a rose show there - staff was most helpful We stayed in the hotel but did not see much of our room - but i was clean and very comfortable. We had many comments from our attendees praising the hotel and staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Palos Verdes Estates, California
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Having stayed here once before, we chose the Marriott primarily for its location. This is mainly a business/conference hotel and we were in Omaha for a family event. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable, albeit with a rather small bathroom. We stayed on a "concierge" floor, which included, on weekdays, buffet breakfast in the sixth floor lounge. Breakfast was decent but nothing special. Appetizers, drinks (not free) and desserts were also offered nightly. On the weekend we enjoyed a wider breakfast selection in the Heartwood dining room. Very pleasant waitstaff and enjoyable food.

The only off note involved housekeeping. When cleaning the rooms, the chambermaids simply pile the used linens in the hallway outside each room. Usually these were picked up fairly quickly, but on a Saturday afternoon, there were over a dozen piles all down our corridor. Also, it was routine to find plastic trays of clean glasses leaned against the wall of the elevator lobby on the 5th and 6th floors, along with a small wheeled cart. Why?? There's a closet in the ice machine room just beside the lobby.

Room Tip: Unless the concierge amenities are important to you, just ask for a room on the 3rd or 4th floors an...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was married in the Marriott. The package we chose came with a complimentary evening in their jacuzzi suite. After an extremely exciting, yet long day, my husband and I were overjoyed to get to our room. When we got their, it eas exceptional. It was amazingly welcoming, the jacuzzi was super relaxing, the champagne and chocolate covered strawberries were delicious. The bed was DIVINE. My husband couldn't stop talking about how good it felt and now wants us to buy the same bed!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kearney, Nebraska
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here several times over that last three years. Rooms have always been clean and service has been good. It is a well used hotel. Some finishing areas look well worn. Hotel is in a good location. No free breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013
Marion, Iowa
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this Omaha Marriott on several occasions and always have a very positive experience. A friendly and accommodating staff, a pleasant environment and a great location! Plenty of great shopping and dining nearby.

• Stayed August 2013