“Worn out hotel... gym runs way too hot!”
Review of Omaha Marriott

Omaha Marriott
Ranked #52 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Been here a few times on business trips and just don't love it. The rooms and lobby area are a little worn down. On my last trip, I used the gym in the morning and it was hotter than hell!! It was the middle of August, and was actually cooler outside! I'll look for another business hotel in the area on my next trip.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Andrea T, Manager at Omaha Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear MrsPol
I am delighted to report that we are currently in the preliminary phase of our full renovation. I am quite confident that you will be impressed with our new project. I hope that you will have an opportunity to stay with us once the project is complete. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Omaha Marriott on your next visit!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

This hotel is great for a business, particularly if you have access to the lounge on 6th floor. There is a business center right off the lobby with internet access and each PC has a printer. The system dedicated to Airline chec-in is tto slow, so use a regular PC. The work-out room was remodeled and excellent for Cardio, but not much else.

Room Tip: South facing rooms are best due to freeway intersection north and west. Park in back as there are m...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Jim9597, General Manager at Omaha Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear DaveTexas 70,

Thank you for staying at the hotel and offering valuable comments. You have noted one of our favorite values-the executive lounge. We have some of the best assocaites in the company working there who continue to take care of our travelers. We have recently opened it up to limited service in the off hours as well, so the room is much more functional 24 hourd a day.

We are also in the process of making our lobby much more productive for our guests as well-additional work areas, dining options, seating and lounging arrangements. That along with the fact of upgrading our high speed internet as well.

We are truly excited for the experience our guests will have in the next couple of weeks.

Again thank you,

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I have stayed here five or six times over the past four years, and I've never been dissappointed in the accomodations or service. Rooms are always clean and nicely appointed. The decore is typical Marriott - darker woods and a burgandy/gold color scheme. Beds are very comfortable. The hotel is located close to West Dodge, a major east/west thoroughfare. Downtown Omaha/Old Town is a 15 minute car ride. There is a large shopping mall within about 1/2 mile and a Whole Foods within walking distance. Bone Fish Grill is within walking distance as well, and there are numerous good restaurants with a short 3-5 minute drive.

Currently, the lobby is undergoing a renovation so lobby seating is limited. I'm not sure when renovations will be completed. If lobby sitting is a must, I'd suggesting callin the hotel to find out when the lobby is reopening. There is a restaurant/bar (Chop House) in the hotel. I've eaten here on past visits, but not on the current visit. Honestly, there are better places to eat outside of the hotel.

A nice treat is free champagne in the lobby during the evening rush hour.

Room wi-fi was free on this visit, but not on prior visits. I'm not sure but I suspect the freebie wi-fi may be a treat to compensate for the lobby disrupution.

Looks like the gym was recently renovated. Machines look new. They have about six to eight treadmills, three elipticals and free weights. There is a pool, which I did not bother to visit on any of my trips.

I've stayed at other hotels in the city over the years, but this hotel is by far my fav. I will certainly stay at this property on my next visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Tips included,

Thank you for your feedback and continued stays at the hotel. I am glad that you recognize our good location to the local shopping and dining options. On top of Whole Foods, we were thrilled that a Trader Joe's opened down the street as well.

We are also thrilled about our lobby improvements. We anticipate that to be open by the 2nd week of October. With that, the lobby will become much more inviting and productive. We are even re-concepting the restaurant and all menus. So far, of what we have tried, the food is going to be incredible.

Something else you mentioned was the internet. We chose to offer it free to guests about a year and a half ago. I believe that is a service that should be complimentary. With that said, we are also investing in an upgrade to our circuit. Within the next tewo weeks we will be offering 40 mb fiber optic circuit to give our guests much more robust and stable connection.

Again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to meeting you upon your next visit,

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years. The service is consistently good. The property is undergoing renovations and looks to be quite nice when it is finished. The fitness center is much improved already.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Lancburm

Dear Lancburm,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and response. We truly appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to rate the hotel. And you are correct, the lobby is going to be very vibrant when we open it up (should be in about 3 weeks).

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I travel montly with my job and I have to say "thank you" to the staff @ the Marriott for making my stay enjoyable and relaxing. The front desk staff is very welcoming and friendly. The offer of champagne @ checkin is a nice touch after a long day/flight. I am welcomed in my room by a fresh clean smell. After I relax I proceed downstairs to have dinner in the Chophouse restaurant... my meal was delicious and my server never let my glass get empty. I had a good nights sleep in a quite room. Check out was smooth and I will definitely return next month. I feel that the staff & management do anticipate the needs of their guests. See you next month!

2  Thank Carrie0622
Jim9597, General Manager at Omaha Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Carrie 0622,

We are truly excited to receive such great comments from a loyal guest such as yourself. We strive to provide a 'home away from home' atmosphere for our valued travelers. We too enjoy the champagne, as it gives us such a great opportunity to thank our guests and put a smile on their face.

I hope upon your return visit, we will have all of our new menus in place. We are extremely excited to have new offerings for our guests. And being an ex-executive chef, I will say that they have done a stellar job with the offerings!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

What a fabulous stay! The staff is extremely friendly and everyone greeted us with a smile. The rooms are beautiful and the beds are comfortable. We had drinks & dinner in the restaurant.... what a meal - the Chef outdid himself last night! We travel to Omaha monthly and will definitely make the Marriott in Regency our NEW home away from home. Thank you everyone for making our stay in Omaha a fabulous one!

1  Thank Tyler3084

Dear Tyler 3084,

We appreciate the time you took to write such wonderful comments. We are extremely proud of our service, we are also especially proud of our Chef. He is tremendously talented and is one of the few 'stellar' chefs in the area. You will have to come back soon as we are going to present a new restaurant and lounge concept which will be stunning!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

This was my second visit to the hotel. Both times I was there the staff was amazing. I was greeted right away and I think they even remembered me! Everyone was extremely friendly all the way down to housekeeping. Again the room was immaculate, the pool was awesone and the bartenders acted like old friends. They supplied directions to the zoo immediatley which was helpful.

I will stay again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank chef0308

Dear Chef 0308,

Thank you for your kind comments. You have definitely pointed out some of the assets of our hotel-the service. Most notably the bartenders, the do a fabulous job and we get numerous comments about them.

We look forward to seeing you again upon your next visit to the Omaha Marriott.

Regards,