“Bitter Cold Outside; Warm and Toasty Inside”

Sheraton Omaha Hotel
Ranked #27 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Traveled to Omaha from Atlanta on my birthday for business. Temperature in Atlanta 64 degrees; Temperature in Omaha 7 degrees - burrrrrrr! When I finally arrived at the hotel, tired and cold, I was warmly greeted by the front desk clerks who moved me quickly through registration and into a room on the club level with complimentary drinks and a nice 'happy birthday card' greeting. My husband and I took full advantage of the club room's bagels, coffee, appetizers and drinks. We also took advantage of the Go Green environment friendly housekeeping service. The room was comfortable and the bed was divine. We ordered room service one night and it was delicious-a simple cheeseburger and fries! (An aside: There is nothing like the beef in Omaha-really good!)

Overall, this hotel was very nice. It is pet friendly with no noticeable signs or smells of pets. Every staff person we encountered was pleasant and helpful. The club room was the bomb and we will definitely return when we come to Omaha again. Omaha is not a big tourist attraction but the staff and the accommodations here at the Sheraton were a big hit with me!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank snee1652
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

snee1652,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much, and we sincerely appreciate all of the details provided for fellow travelers to read as well. I apologize that we couldn't provide better weather for you, we are all ready for this winter to be over I assure you! From all of our amenities that you were able to enjoy such as the Club and other outlets for our Food and Beverage, it is always great to see that our team members at all of these venues is what helped make your stay so memorable. I hope you are able to return to Omaha again soon, and when you are able to please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly and I will ensure another pleasant stay. Thanks again!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed here for several nights on a couple of business trips. Nice reception area, bar, and restaurant. Small exercise room, but nice enough and machines available. No great options for running right outside of the hotel. Rooms were quite comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

RichmondCav,

Thank you for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stays with us, and many different outlets of the hotel that we have to offer. Even though the outside can be dated, I do agree that our renovated rooms are much better looking and much more comfortable than one would expect by looking from the outside. Let me know the next time you are in the Omaha area, and we will ensure you are taken care of once again. Thank you!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband, dog and I stayed at the Sheraton Omaha during the start of a three week cross-country road trip. The hotel room was clean and the rooms were nicely updated. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

mrsd725,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you were able to bring your dog along with you for the trip to our pet friendly hotel. I hope that the rest of your trip is off to a great start, and that you are enjoying more Starwood hotels along the way. Let me know if you are near the Omaha area again on your way home, and we will ensure another pleasant stay! Thanks again.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I booked this room because of the price and figured I couldn't go wrong if it was a Sheraton. I was surprised when I arrived at the address to find this was the former Old Mill Holiday Inn. I was pleasantly surprised to find they did this remodel right! The décor is beautiful and I couldn't tell this was a former HI. The rooms were spacious, pleasant and the beds were heavenly, My wife raved about how comfortable the bed was many times. The only hitch in the experience was that the hotel was sold out and they must have been short on housekeeping. We checked in at 8:30pm and had to wait while they cleaned a room for us. To their credit, they called in management staff and they were the ones cleaning the rooms, apologizing, and giving our free drink and breakfast coupons. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Kevin H,

Thank you so much for your review! We sincerely appreciate the time put in from fellow travelers to share their experience with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the remodeled look, it has gone over very well with many people. And I would have to agree - the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds are insanely comfortable! I do apologize for the hiccup with your room not being ready, I assure you that this was a rarity for us and we were glad to be able to pull the team together to help prepare for the night. Let me know if you are able to make it to the Omaha area again in the near future and we will ensure a pleasant stay with us again!

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

I have to say that my visit to the Sheraton, Omaha was my best hotel experience to date. I have a lot of international travel throughout the year and stay at many hotels, however the friendliness and professionalism of the staff made it extremely pleasant. The room was very clean and the hotel food top quality. I had access the Sheraton Club room which always well stocked with snacks and drinks. A definite 5 Stars :)

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

JeppeBoy,

Thank you SO much for your great review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! Our staff here is thrilled to see your wonderful comments about them and I will be sure to let everyone else know who hasn't seen your review yet. I am glad to see that someone who has traveled as much as you do was able to thoroughly enjoy their stay with us. I hope that you are able to make it to the Omaha area again, and when you do please let me know and we will ensure another pleasant stay with us! Thanks again

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Thanks Kevin, Margaret, Michael, Shelly! Amazing staff, service was exceptional. Thanks for a great experience. We loved the weekend get-away. Rooms were clean and as described. We would stay here again. Location was good. Breakfast great, dinner even better.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

KarBerMN,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor!! We absolutely love seeing our staff members being mentioned by name in reviews such as yours, and we can't thank you enough for suggesting them and their service. I will be sure to follow up with them about your stay, and continue to show them how much we appreciate their great service for loyal guests such as yourself. If we can ever be of any further assistance to you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me directly and I will ensure another pleasant stay. Thanks again!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed at the sheraton in omaha, NE last week while I was in town for business. I must admit the experience I had while I was there was outstanding. From the moment I checked in until I checked out. I noticed the hotel had a lounge and I decided to have a couple cocktails before I went to bed and the bartender was extremely personable and very knowledgeable about the different liquors and wines. Without staff like Brent, my experience would've been mediocre. But he went above and beyond and delivered amazing customer service and now I will recommend all my traveling colleagues to stay at the Sheraton when they go through omaha. I hope this bartender is recognized by management and future hotel guests.

Room Tip: West facing rooms have a great view of Omaha's main expressway
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Matthew S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel on TripAdvisor! It is absolutely great to see not only that you enjoyed your stay with us, but that a staff member encounter is what helped make your stay that much better. I assure you that we value our team members very highly, especially team members like Brent who deliver this kind of exceptional service. I will be sure he is aware of your review and have it posted in our breakroom. Thank you so much again. If we can be of any further assistance to you again in the future please don't hesitate to ask and we will ensure another pleasant stay!