“Nice place to stay!”

Sheraton Omaha Hotel
Ranked #28 of 84 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a very clean and nice place to stay! The rooms are very nice and clean. The beds were so comfortable, which is so important to me. The lobby was very nice. We ate at the restaurant on the main level and the food was delicious, very generous portions. The staff was nice and very helpful. The only negative thing was the location of this hotel, is in a very busy area of Omaha. We had a hard time finding it and OnStar had us going in circles, which is not good in all that traffic. But, the hotel is wonderful!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Lori A,

Thank you so much for your review! It is much appreciated by all of us here at the Sheraton Omaha Hotel. I love being able to post reviews such as yours that show how well all departments of the hotel are doing so that are staff memebers are aware how appreciative our loyal guests are of their hard work. I know the Dodge interchange can be kind of a hassle, but we are always here to assist with any guest should they need directions. I hope to see you and your fellow travelers again soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We've stayed here before and will again. We found once again the location great for our needs, a friendly staff, and an overall great value. Right on West Dodge and I-680, there's quick access to attractions in the area, as well as on the other end of town. The way Omaha has laid out its streets along Dodge are kinda weird, so getting that last block from Dodge to the hotel is a bit odd. But not the hotel's fault.

I'm a bit surprised by some of the previous comments about thin walls -- we've had no problem on either stay, and I know we had people on both sides of our room each time. I know Sheraton prides themselves on comfortable beds, and that's certainly the case here -- very nice bed and bedding = a good night's sleep. If I had one wish for their rooms, I'd be nice to have a small refrigerator.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a west-facing room, to give you a better view of the Old Mill area of Omaha.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wrigley62

Jim T,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! As a senior contributor, your opinion is highly valued here and I can't tell you how much we appreciate the time you put in to review our hotel and others on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you had such an enjoyable time with a great night's rest. As always, the best comment I love to hear is about how great our staff members are. Let me know the next time you plan on visiting the area again and we will ensure another pleasant stay! Thanks again.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This place was noisy. Hard to tget a good night s sleep.. All the walls and windows seemd paper thin. Sound was coming through from every direction. Called down twice to get a party in the hallway stopped. They moved it into a room but the walls are so thin it din't matter. Also we thought breakfast was included but in our package they said it wasn't. Make sure you receive clarification on that before check in.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Randy S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was met with some unfortunate rowdy crowds. I hope that you were able to enjoy our amenities and the other aspects of your stay with us such as the cleanliness and staff helpfulness that we uphold. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in the future, and make sure you are placed in a quiet location the next time. Thank you for your review!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stopped for one night at the Omaha Sheraton on the way to move my son to college. Our vehicle was loaded with his things. I was concerned about leaving the car overnight and spoke to the Manager on check-in. The Manager assured me that the car would be fine if I parked it behind the office under a light. I took her advice and parked where she suggested. When I went down to the parking lot the next morning I found my car window smashed, door wide open and some of our belongings gone.

There were a couple of things that surpised me about the incident:

When I notified the police the first thing they asked was whether there were any security cameras. It turns out there weren't.

Second, the hotel was supposed to have regular security patrols.yet I was the one who found the window smashed and door open in the morning. I expected more from the Sheraton.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank D P

D P,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I want to sincerely apologize to you again for this isolated incident. We have a contract with a security company that does regular patrols of the perimeter and unfortunately we were unable to prevent this situation. Once our security team alerted me of the situation, it wasn't long after that you discovered your vehicle and we were then able to assist. I know that we took every action possible to help provide you with compensation as well as Starpoints towards your loyal SPG account with us. We have taken further preventative action since the incident and I trust that your next stay with us in the future will be more enjoyable. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel in TripAdvisor.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We would add our comment that the hotel is very clean and staff very nice. The lobby is very nice and was used by many to sit and visit. The pool is huge but on the cold side with the hot tub being warm only that day. If one likes hot , it would not fit the bill. The main problem is it is difficult to find the place so pay close attention to the directions to get there since its exit is tricky. Location is real good since close to shopping and not all that far from downtown if one wants to go there.

SDSkies,

Thank you so much for your review of the Sheraton Omaha Hotel! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and most importantly enjoyed the cleanliness along with our staff. I apologize about the pool situation as we had temperature issues with it during your weekend with us but assure you that your next visit it will be up to par again. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in the future! Thanks again for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Making another stop in Omaha and staying here for the second time this year. The hotel is located very central to Omaha and close to the Westroads mall and just minutes from the interstate.

The rooms are very up to date with iPhone compatible radio's in each room. On our first visit the breakfast buffet was pretty good. We received coupons for a full breakfast this visit and the food wasn't as good but the service was excellent. Wireless works great and my only beef is the noise from the next room. If the hotel is near empty why don't they space the guest every other room to eliminate the possibility of noise issues?

We'll probably stay here again when we visit family again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the building provide the best views and the least noise. High floors have work...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Kevin C P,

Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and that the majority of your stay was enjoyable. I apologize about the breakfast quality you had the second time around but I will follow up with our Chef so that she is aware of the issue; we appreciate the feedback. I hope to see you return again soon with us, and if there is every anything I can help you out with in the future, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks again for taking the time to give us some great feedback on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Checked in very late-last minute reservations. The desk clerk was very professional & friendly. The lobby was filled with a great mixture of adults having drinks & families hanging out. Our room was so comfortable from the bed& comfortable bed to the slippers& the Starbucks by my coffee pot. We got up early to visit the pool -even the "pool guy" (don't know his name) was all about the comfort of my family.Breakfast here is amazing in a formal setting that doesn't make us "sweat & pajama" people feel out of place. Sheraton- you have a great staff that deserve the best. My Omaha home away from home!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

AMCIVER,

Thank you so much for your review! It is great to see feedback such as your own that represent how are staff handle our loyal guests. I will be sure to inform our departments of your review if they haven't seen it already. I have to say I am very proud of our staff here and very glad to hear that you appreciate them as well. We look forward to your many more stays with us and as always, please don't hesitate to ask if we can be of any further assistance to you in the future. Thank you!!