“Pretty Good Hotel”

Sheraton Omaha Hotel
Ranked #27 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Making another stop in Omaha and staying here for the second time this year. The hotel is located very central to Omaha and close to the Westroads mall and just minutes from the interstate.

The rooms are very up to date with iPhone compatible radio's in each room. On our first visit the breakfast buffet was pretty good. We received coupons for a full breakfast this visit and the food wasn't as good but the service was excellent. Wireless works great and my only beef is the noise from the next room. If the hotel is near empty why don't they space the guest every other room to eliminate the possibility of noise issues?

We'll probably stay here again when we visit family again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the building provide the best views and the least noise. High floors have work...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Kevin C P,

Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and that the majority of your stay was enjoyable. I apologize about the breakfast quality you had the second time around but I will follow up with our Chef so that she is aware of the issue; we appreciate the feedback. I hope to see you return again soon with us, and if there is every anything I can help you out with in the future, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks again for taking the time to give us some great feedback on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Checked in very late-last minute reservations. The desk clerk was very professional & friendly. The lobby was filled with a great mixture of adults having drinks & families hanging out. Our room was so comfortable from the bed& comfortable bed to the slippers& the Starbucks by my coffee pot. We got up early to visit the pool -even the "pool guy" (don't know his name) was all about the comfort of my family.Breakfast here is amazing in a formal setting that doesn't make us "sweat & pajama" people feel out of place. Sheraton- you have a great staff that deserve the best. My Omaha home away from home!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

AMCIVER,

Thank you so much for your review! It is great to see feedback such as your own that represent how are staff handle our loyal guests. I will be sure to inform our departments of your review if they haven't seen it already. I have to say I am very proud of our staff here and very glad to hear that you appreciate them as well. We look forward to your many more stays with us and as always, please don't hesitate to ask if we can be of any further assistance to you in the future. Thank you!!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

My company and I were there on a business trip. We needed to use an outlet to power our cooler van. They allowed us to run a cord through the door and use an outlet inside. They went out of their way to help us! Great Customer Service!!!

Room Tip: Everyone with me loved their Breakfast Buffet! And I have had their Tiramisu and it was great.

Scott M,

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad to hear that we are consistently showing our dedication with our genuine staff members. What really makes the difference is when we have opportunities such as your own where we can do whatever it takes to ensure a pleasant stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future! Thanks again.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

What a sad little hotel. The outdoor is NOTHING like the photos. Hope they paid the photographer a LOT of money for that shot.

This used to be a Crowne Plaza and it really should be a La Quinta or hampton Inn.

Front desk -- could care less.
Room - clean but very dated
Bed - comfortable
Wall - paper thin -- you'll definitely hear your neighbor
Location -- middle of an industrial park.

I'm sure the manager will write a response congratulating on my restful night, but this is not the level of hotel you expect with Sheraton. Spend your money elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hilton, but if you insist on staying here, come when it is daylight -- the route here is...

a11424.

Yikes! Doesn't seem like our newly renovated hotel is what you were looking for as I am shocked to see your comments. As you can see from the many other reviews on our page on TripAdvisor; your opinions are somewhat of a rare form but none the less we are all entitled to our own opinion and I appreciate you sharing yours with us! It doesn't sound like you will be staying with us again, but hope you enjoy your future stays in the Omaha area. If you do change your mind, you'll know where to find us in the heart of West Omaha's Old Mill Business District with plenty of entertainment options nearby. Please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will take great care of you along with the rest of our dedicated staff members. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Omaha Hotel on a return from a 4 week vacation and had a great night's rest. The bed was super comfortable and my wife commented on the good quality pillows. Our room was very quiet and well appointed. I thought the wireless access was very fast and easy to access. Many good restaurants in the area, but we had good food at the Sheraton. The chocolate cake was very rich and the largest cake serving I have ever seen. We plan to make this a must-stay in Omaha.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Tom W,

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad to hear that you had such a great time with us after your long vacation away from home. I am with you on the colossal chocolate cake we serve here, holy cow it's intense. We look forward to your next visit with us in the near future when traveling to the Omaha area again! Always at your service.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

On a long business trip and really needed a good nights rest. Holy comfortable bed! The next morning I left my business receipts on the nightstand. JaKeen got in the Sheraton van and hand delivered them to me at my meeting. Now that's service. I used to think Nordstrom was where it's at...it might be the Sheraton.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Kate L,

Thank you so much for your review! I absolutely love hearing the testimonials from our guests about a specific interaction with our staff members as they do everything they can to go above and beyond! With a great brand, newly renovated hotel, and to top it off it is always the staff that truly makes the difference from hotel to hotel. I hope to see you again soon here with us at the Sheraton, and if we can be of any further assistance to you in the future again please don't hesitate to ask! We are more than happy to help. Thanks again for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

This hotel is clean and the pool is very nice; however, the walls are paper thin, and we were kept up all night by our neighbors. Called the front desk three times said they would "take care of it." The noise didn't stop until I opened our door at 3am and asked the noisy guests to stop talking. I went down to the front desk this morning and all they offered was free breakfast and a coupon for a discount on our next stay at that hotel. The front desk clerk said that because I used hotels.com that they couldn't do anything else. So don't book through a third party because you are treated like a third-rate guest.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank rellimterg
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

rellimterg,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed to see the low rating and unfortunate comments, however. I know that we had a rare issue with a rowdy group on Saturday night that unfortunately tainted your stay with us, as our security team and Manager on Duty worked hard to keep them quiet when we finally had to offer them an exit. Our Front Desk Agent could have worded things more appropriately, as we were trying to work out some compensation understanding your uncomfortable stay, the 3rd party you booked through does not let refunds occur. I hope that you are able to reconsider us the next time you are in the area, as I will assure you a much more pleasant visit as you experienced a rarity with us. Thank you again for your time!