“Great customer Service”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Newark, mossouri, USA
“Great customer Service”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My company and I were there on a business trip. We needed to use an outlet to power our cooler van. They allowed us to run a cord through the door and use an outlet inside. They went out of their way to help us! Great Customer Service!!!

Room Tip: Everyone with me loved their Breakfast Buffet! And I have had their Tiramisu and it was great.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Scott M,

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad to hear that we are consistently showing our dedication with our genuine staff members. What really makes the difference is when we have opportunities such as your own where we can do whatever it takes to ensure a pleasant stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future! Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
san francisco
Reviewed September 18, 2013

What a sad little hotel. The outdoor is NOTHING like the photos. Hope they paid the photographer a LOT of money for that shot.

This used to be a Crowne Plaza and it really should be a La Quinta or hampton Inn.

Front desk -- could care less.
Room - clean but very dated
Bed - comfortable
Wall - paper thin -- you'll definitely hear your neighbor
Location -- middle of an industrial park.

I'm sure the manager will write a response congratulating on my restful night, but this is not the level of hotel you expect with Sheraton. Spend your money elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hilton, but if you insist on staying here, come when it is daylight -- the route here is...
a11424.

Yikes! Doesn't seem like our newly renovated hotel is what you were looking for as I am shocked to see your comments. As you can see from the many other reviews on our page on TripAdvisor; your opinions are somewhat of a rare form but none the less we are all entitled to our own opinion and I appreciate you sharing yours with us! It doesn't sound like you will be staying with us again, but hope you enjoy your future stays in the Omaha area. If you do change your mind, you'll know where to find us in the heart of West Omaha's Old Mill Business District with plenty of entertainment options nearby. Please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will take great care of you along with the rest of our dedicated staff members. Thank you for your review.
Ames, Iowa
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Omaha Hotel on a return from a 4 week vacation and had a great night's rest. The bed was super comfortable and my wife commented on the good quality pillows. Our room was very quiet and well appointed. I thought the wireless access was very fast and easy to access. Many good restaurants in the area, but we had good food at the Sheraton. The chocolate cake was very rich and the largest cake serving I have ever seen. We plan to make this a must-stay in Omaha.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Tom W,

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad to hear that you had such a great time with us after your long vacation away from home. I am with you on the colossal chocolate cake we serve here, holy cow it's intense. We look forward to your next visit with us in the near future when traveling to the Omaha area again! Always at your service.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 12, 2013

On a long business trip and really needed a good nights rest. Holy comfortable bed! The next morning I left my business receipts on the nightstand. JaKeen got in the Sheraton van and hand delivered them to me at my meeting. Now that's service. I used to think Nordstrom was where it's at...it might be the Sheraton.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Kate L,

Thank you so much for your review! I absolutely love hearing the testimonials from our guests about a specific interaction with our staff members as they do everything they can to go above and beyond! With a great brand, newly renovated hotel, and to top it off it is always the staff that truly makes the difference from hotel to hotel. I hope to see you again soon here with us at the Sheraton, and if we can be of any further assistance to you in the future again please don't hesitate to ask! We are more than happy to help. Thanks again for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This hotel is clean and the pool is very nice; however, the walls are paper thin, and we were kept up all night by our neighbors. Called the front desk three times said they would "take care of it." The noise didn't stop until I opened our door at 3am and asked the noisy guests to stop talking. I went down to the front desk this morning and all they offered was free breakfast and a coupon for a discount on our next stay at that hotel. The front desk clerk said that because I used hotels.com that they couldn't do anything else. So don't book through a third party because you are treated like a third-rate guest.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank rellimterg
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
rellimterg,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed to see the low rating and unfortunate comments, however. I know that we had a rare issue with a rowdy group on Saturday night that unfortunately tainted your stay with us, as our security team and Manager on Duty worked hard to keep them quiet when we finally had to offer them an exit. Our Front Desk Agent could have worded things more appropriately, as we were trying to work out some compensation understanding your uncomfortable stay, the 3rd party you booked through does not let refunds occur. I hope that you are able to reconsider us the next time you are in the area, as I will assure you a much more pleasant visit as you experienced a rarity with us. Thank you again for your time!
Ames, Iowa
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I've stayed here before, it is older and nothing fancy but a fair value. Parking was free, I think it always is. Not close to downtown and a bit hard to find. Bedding is nice and now has enough plug in for tech people. Room service menu was affordable and food was good. I had expected it to be 10 bucks plus fees, the food came and was bigger than expected and bill was 30 bucks. I showed the guy why I thought the bill was wrong and he explained he thinks the menu was updated but cash register was not updated. No attitude and promptly returned with a correct bill. Gave extra tip for being nice about it. Tooth brush was in my larger travel bag and left that at home and used my small bag but forgot to transfer toothbrush. tooth brush and tooth paste was 2 bucks, that is fair. then after check out they emailed later an updated bill that had another 3 dollars for additional revenue. So I called to see what that is and they said it was for water bottle in room. I said it had a tag saying free. She said one is. the other is 3 bucks. I really think both had the free tag, I even only used one and took the other for the road only because it was free so I don't like that. I was room temp due to no fridge and the gross nestle brand. I would have a cold one for half price had I known from the candy counter downstairs or the nearby retail. Oh well. Overall still happy with the place based on it being sorta nice and fair priced. There are nicer places but for the extra 50 bucks to stay at those they better be I guess :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
chuck29355,

Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed the value of what we have to offer. It sounds like you were unlucky in a few hiccups of ours on the billing end and for that I do apologize, but apprecaite you brining them to our attention as this is a rarity for us. With our hotel being recently renovated just over a year ago now, I am a little surprised by your comments about it seeming old. Perhaps it was from the look of the exterior of the building but the inside looks brand new! We hope to see you again in the near future and always apprecaite you returning to our hotel when in the Omaha area.
Papillion, Nebraska
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I attended a daytime conference here and had lunch in the restaurant. One would think that the wait staff would have been more attentive. They charged a gratuity on the check and then one of them made a snarky comment about "plus tip." I served myself. The food was good but they weren't very good about replenishing the salad bar or soup.

• Stayed August 2013
jhasslen,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that the food quality in the restaurant was good and I hope the rest of your visit with us was pleasant. However, I am sorry to hear about the service you experienced as I will be sure to bring it to the attention of our Food and Beverage Director and appreciate the comments. Thanks again!