“Nice business hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Nice business hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed on business for two nights during the CWS (will not make that mistake again). Check in was excellent. Rooms were slightly above average for the price. Bar and breakfast area were above average. Rooms were clean and bed was excellent. Not a lot of options in Omaha so this is probably as good as it gets. Received room on concierge floor as requested (and as hoped for the floor was quite). Nothing to write home about but would stay again if here on business.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Soonerpack,

Thank you for your review! I know that the CWS timeframe each year can be a little hectic with the crowds in the area but I think and hope you agree that our hotel did a good job with the majority of our guests here during that time frame. I am glad to hear that you were satisfied for the rest of your stay while here on business, and any other timeframe during the year I'm sure you would love it even more. Let us know when in the Omaha area again and we will ensure an even better stay the next time around! Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I brought 4 children with me during our stay. Ages ranged 11, 12, 15, and 16 years in age. The rooms were very nice. The hotel had a wedding and a bicycle convention going that weeks end. It was a little crazy I must say for the staff. First of all I had a issue with the rooms being split up. Jenna at the front desk asked me to give her an hour. She did accomidate us with getting the rooms next to each other. This was awesome. Ashley behind the desk took care of us many times regarding our needs. The house keeping was very prompt with towels, extra bedding, ect. . We eat at the restaurant for breakfast "buffet" $10 per person included drinks. The food was fine. The pool and work out area was top notch. So I would give this hotel a 4 star. I've stayed at a lot of hotels. So I do recommend this hotel. It was close to zoo and restaurants.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jason T,

Thank you so much for your great review! One of the best ways our staff is commended is from online reviews such as your own, and I will be sure to let our staff know about how well Jenna and Ashley were with you and your travelers. They were very happy to see you mention them! I am also very glad to hear that you enjoyed our facilities, but apologize for some of the rowdy crowd that weekend. If you are in the Omaha area again please do not hesitate to reach out to me and I will ensure another great stay! Thanks again
Lincoln NE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Nice stay. Room was clean. Slight sewer smell in bathroom but did not carry into room. Accidentally booked a handicapped room, called front desk immediatly and they changed us to the room I meant to book.

Hotel was not hard to find. Pool area large. Spa was low on water but staff promptly came to fill it. Room service breakfast very good. View on secndon floor was terrible but we weren;t in the room much to care.

Bed white linen and appeard clean, comfy.

I would stay here again for the price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
missa21,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! I am glad to hear that you were pleased with your stay. I apologize about the issue with the bathroom, but I assure you we will have our engineering team on it to see if there is any further issue of this matter. Your comments are much appreciated by us and other fellow travelers. Let us know when you are in the area again and we will ensure another pleasant stay! Thanks again.
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on an overnight visit to Omaha. For the dollar amount not bad. Only had one issue with our room. Let the front desk agent know about it and she was very attentive. Beds were comfortable. Overall not bad at all.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
hatedluv,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! Our reviews on TripAdvisor are very important to us and other travelers and you are a huge help to those who look at TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that your stay went well, and apologize for the issue that came up but I'm glad that it sounds like our team took care of you from that. Let us know when you are in the area again and we will ensure a great stay! Thanks again
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on July 8th and found it to be a great experience all around. The check-in was a breeze, the beds and pillows were extremely comfortable and the breakfast in the restaurant was delicious. I was able to use my AAA card for a nice discount, as well. We found a Costco close by where we were able to grab snacks for the road and fill up our car. I've read other comments that the hotel was difficult to find, but using our GPS made it easy. I think it would have been a little more difficult in the dark without the help of the GPS.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
lovetotravelArizona,

Thank you so much for your kind review! I am so glad to hear about how great our facility was including a breezy check-in process and an easy to find location. Being able to read your review among many others is a great testament to the hard work that our staff puts in every day and I will be sure to share it with them. Let us know the next time you are in the area again and we will ensure another pleasant stay! Thanks again
Boston, MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

My 10 year old and I stayed one night in room 127, a double queen room. We found it difficult to find the hotel as it was in between and under multiple major highways. The location is also not convenient to gas or restaurants. For this reason alone, I would not choose this particular hotel again if in Omaha. Also, we paid $140.60 for the AAA breakfast package. First, the breakfast tickets were not available at check-in. We picked them up in the morning the next day. Regardless, the breakfast was EXTREMELY limited to a few fruit pastries, brown bananas, orange or apple juice. No toast. No tea. I find this ridiculous. We had to pay $6.95 (child) and $9.95 (adult) for the breakfast buffet. In terms of the facility, it felt dark and outdated. My bedsheets had a black footprint on it, though the sheets were clean. The front exterior looked nothing like the picture on the Sheraton website. Customer service needs some improvement at the check-in/check-out desk. Needless to say, the experience was disappointing. We were at Hampton Inn the night before, which puts Sheraton to shame in terms of overall value and experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 3onaTrip
3onaTrip,

Thank you for your review. I am a bit surprised by some of the items mentioned in your review, as you can see many other reviews of our hotel do not share the same qualities, especially when it comes to how pleasant our staff is. However, everyone has their own opinion regarding this and we want to do everything we can to meet everyone's needs. I am sorry that it was difficult for you to find our hotel and other businesses in the area, but if you were to ask one of our helpful staff members we would be more than happy to help. The nearest gas station is located directly across the street from the hotel, but perhaps could have been missed if you were in an East view window as it is on the West side of our building. We also have plenty of great restaurants in our area that we love to send people to including famous steakhouses that Omaha is well known for and always makes a great impression. The comments regarding breakfast are alarming as there is a large buffet offered 6 days a week including items to order off of our full menu every day of the week. With all of the amenities offered within the hotel, it is unfortunate to hear about one of our valued guests experiencing a unsatisfactory stay but want to always do what we can to make it right. I am sorry to hear that you won't be returning to our hotel in the future, but appreciate your most recent visit with us! Thank you
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night on our way home and was pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness, somewhat modern decor and the large pool. The only downfall was the load AC unit and the water pressure was very low. Other than that it was a pleasant stay and a low price.

• Stayed July 2013
Partyof5ish,

Thank you for your review! Also, love the creative TripAdvisor username. I am glad to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with our hotel. I apologize for the couple of issues you mentioned with your room but I hope that our staff took great care of you as I see you enjoyed the rest of your stay. If there is anything we can ever do for you in the future, please let me know and we will be more than happy to help. Thanks again!