“Nice hotel but still room for improvement”

Sheraton Omaha Hotel
Ranked #24 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersSilver level
prh57
“Nice hotel but still room for improvement”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The Sheraton has done a good job of renovating this former Crowne Plaza hotel. We have stayed there twice in the past 4 or 5 months and both rooms we stayed in had new carpeting, beds, bedding and pillows. We found the beds, bedding and variety of pillows very comfortable. The staff is also quite friendly. They have recently renovated the pool (which is of a good size) and the exercise room. On the improvement side, I must note that during part of both of our recent stays the hot water supply went out causing us to have to skip morning showering. This was probably coincidence, but still I would recommend Sheraton management have the system thoroughly assessed and, if possible, some type of alarm put in place to alert management of a hot water system failure, instead of having to rely on guests, like me, notifying them of the problem.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Peragro-prh
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
prh57,

Thank you so much for your review! It is always great to hear about how well our staff is doing from our guests' perspective, we are very proud of all of them and know we have a great team here. We did have a hot water issue at the beginning of this month, and is has since been resolved. I deeply apologize that you had a very unlucky coincidence of this happening twice to you as that is no where near what we like to hear. We have a system in place now similar to an alram system so that we can make sure it does not take place again. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, it is much appreciated!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed here for four nights. We only meant to come for two, and then had such a nice time we extended it. I'm leaving today but I'm not sure I really want to. What a nice hotel. It's clean, the beds are so comfortable, the gym and the pool are great, the room service is great but most of all this hotel is about the people. I've never encountered such a nice group of staff in any hotel, from the house keeping to the reception to the bar staff - everyone was so amenable and kind. It honestly is a reason to come to Omaha and a reason why I'll come back here. We were doing a project here and ended up involving a couple of the members of staff, who were so gracious to us. On the last day, I decided I wanted to stay an extra night - all the double rooms were booked up, so the staff gave me an upgrade to a junior suite for the same amount of money. It's little gestures like this that make for a great journey. I will always stay here when I come to Nebraska.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Alexandra M,

Thank you SO much for your generous review!! Our staff absolutely loved having you here. It is guests such as you that help our staff deliver such great service, and you are truly appreciated. I am so glad to hear that you loved our staff, as well as our property as well after how much work we have put into the hotel over the renovation changes. The next time you are thinking of coming to the area please let me know, and we will take great care of you once again! We look forward to seeing you soon! Thanks again.
Big Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Beautiful pool (you can swim laps) and nice fitness center, comfy beds. We spent extra to be in the club floor and those amenities (free wine, appetizers and breakfast) was well worth the price.
We had a pleasant surprise on a snowy morning to find that the snow had been swept off all the cars in the parking lot. I heard the manager did that. No wonder the staff is so friendly to customers. The manager must set an impressive example on how to treat guests.

Room Tip: I like the amenities of using the club.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Mamaduf,

Thank you SO much for your kind words!! Your review is phenomenal, and I will be sure to pass it on to the rest of our staff. I'm also very glad to hear you enjoyed the Sheraton Club experience. We are always here to help our guests in every way possible, and all of our team members are here willing to pitch in to perform at our best even in times of bad weather! Thank you again, and please let us know if you are in the area again and we will be more than happy to accommodate you every time you return!
Grand Island
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The staff especially the catering crew was wonderful to work w/. We had a light breakfast and full lunch buffet served to our clients which they did an excellent job w/. Staff and a handful of attendees stayed the evening before and all remarked on how comfortable the beds were. My only complaint and I heard it from others was the lack of hot water for showers in the morning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GINEtraveler,

Thank you so much for your feedback! Our Banquets department was thrilled to hear the news of your visit with us, as I hear many great comments this week from our meetings. I am also glad to hear you enjoyed the comfotable beds! I'm not sure I have heard one negative comment about our new Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds and am so glad they are working out so well. I want to apologize for the issue of the hot water as it was an issue for a few people early in the morning. We have found the error and have solved the problem so that this should not be a problem again, and I appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Please let me know if we can help you out again here in the future!
Ida Grove, Iowa
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stay here a number of times a year to go Christmas shopping, house stuff shopping, etc., and have found that since the Sheraton took over the hotel, everything, from the attitudes of the front desk employees to the room furnishings have been given a wonderful upgrade! We enjoy staying there more than anywhere in Omaha! The location of the hotel is a touch off the beaten path, so we feel its more of a "best kept secret" type of place....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
KevinPeggy,

I am so glad to hear you had such an enjoyable stay!! It has been so great hearing all of the comments similar to yours here and I cant thank you enough for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. The Sheraton brand has helped us out immensely, and our staff is thuroughly enjoying it as well as you could tell during your visit. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please don't hesitate to reach out to me! Thank you again
New York
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here for one night of a cross-country drive. The hotel was your average Sheraton. Rooms were clean and not the newest or in the best condition, but provided a good value for the going rate.

Staff was really friendly at the front desk and check in was quick.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Jamesnyc87,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm glad that you had a good stay with us, but somewhat disappointed in your view of us being average. We have just completed a multi-million dollar renovation as part of Sheraton's Heritage Collection worldwide renovation. Was there anything in particular in the rooms that was not as satisfacttory as it could have been? Any feedback would be a great help! Thank you again for already taking some time to give us some valuable feedback.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I recently stayed for two nights while traveling to the area for an interview. During the check in process, the staff member was very helpful and friendly. He made casual conversation and made we feel comfortable and welcome. The restaurant/bar staff were also very helpful. I brought some of my own food for the trip, and the staff warmed it for me in the microwave. The bed was also very comfortable, and I slept well. All in all, it was a very pleasant stay. My only complaint was the thin walls. I heard noise from the adjoining room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
HProckstar,

Let me first of all thank you for your feedback, but apologize for the noise issue you experienced as well. We always want to try to take care of these issues as they come up and I assure you we will be addressing this one as well. I am very happy to hear the rest of your comments, especially about how great our staff treated you as I am so glad to always be hearing that! Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in the future and I will be more than happy to help you out! Thank you again