“Great hotel”

Ranked #21 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
andover
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Katie the front desk girl was very helpful and friendly. The hotel is very clean and quiet which is what we look for in a hotel. Added bonus was the free breakfast and paper..will definately stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AndoverBonnie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Norfolk, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel for one night. I have nothing but positive comments about our stay. The place was CLEAN- that is by far the most important thing to me. The beds were comfortable and we rested well. It was a quiet place and we were not disturbed by noise from other guests.The staff was very friendly. Breakfast is served from 5 AM until 11 AM so it was nice to not have to rush to get downstairs for breakfast before they quit serving. The rates were very reasonable. We will stay here again the next time we are in Omaha.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Stacy J
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

My Boyfriend and I are new to the Omaha area and we have been staying here while working and looking for a place to live and I have to say that we have been treated amazingly by the staff, namely, Kaytee, Robert, Latoya and Shannon. Thank you guys! You're all so great!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Let me start off by saying i will NEVER stay at this hotel again. I booked this room to have a weekend getaway for V Day, and was completely appalled by my treatment, as well as the quality of the staff. When i arrived at my room, the 1st thing i noticed was the mold and mildew in the shower and a room that was not at all what was pictured on the site. This I can handle as i understand that not all is what it seems on the interwebs. What really got me was the next morning. My wife and i went down for breakfast, and all we can hear is a staff member(head of housekeeping?) walking the hallway, cussing and carrying on about someone smoking in their room. Real classy, the kicker is after breakfast, the wife and i left to go shopping, and the woman was still walking the halls and carrying on! We had talked about leaving at that point and go home, but i was determined not to have it ruin our weekend. On Sunday the wife and i woke up and started packing, while i was packing, she was showering. So i decided to go down and get breakfast for her. While getting breakfast i see 2 police officers walk into the hotel and down the hall. Not thinking anything of it, i finished making our breakfast, and headed back to the room, seeing the cops coming back down the hallway and leaving, only to find that they came from my room! Some one said there was the smell of pot was coming from our room! First and foremost i work for the federal govt and my wife works for an attorney. WE DONT SMOKE POT. My wife did invite them in and they found no evidence of pot or the "smell" that was reported. I was appalled, and left right then and there, checked out, got my receipt, and informed Robert i was NEVER going to stay here again. Then this morning i check my bank acct and they charged me $150 over what the agreed price and what was on my receipt! I'm guessing its the $150 smoking "fine" but since the GM wont return my calls who knows. Funny thing is we don't smoke! I will be contacting the BBB to file a complaint, my wife is consulting with her boss to see what action can be taken, and im advising all DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
16 Thank MarkfromOmaha
Ft Walton Beach
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip and thought that the room was quite nice, until I pulled back the covers of the bed.

I realize that major chains are now switching to changing out their linens every 3 days on average... but it's absolutely disgusting to pull back the covers and see hair... and loose bedding... and the unmistakable areas of where someone has just slept.

I don't want to sleep in someone else's boogers! Or worse............. :: full body shiver ::

Just doing everyone a favor - if this happens to you, request a linen change immediately. I can't believe companies are cutting back like this... it should be illegal.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank ChicGeekette
Kristen K, Owner at New Victorian Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us - if we don't know, we can't fix it. I am appalled at the story that you are telling and want to extend a sincere apology. We are not a company that attempts to save money at the expense of guest safety and satisfaction. It is heart-breaking for us to hear that this can happen to a guest - and more painful to have not known at the time of your stay so that we could fix the issue. We thank you for sharing this because we will use this experience as a training tool to make sure this does not happen again. We will ensure this through continuing to monitor and inspect our rooms in the housekeeping process. You are correct in your advice of telling others to notify the front desk and/or a manager if this were to happen at any lodging property. New Victorian Inn & Suites exists to create a comfortable experience for each guest and will strive to do so each day. We apologize for failing to make your stay a great one and thank you for helping to make us better.
Kearney, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

My family and I spent this past Friday and Saturday nights at the New Victorian Inn on 108 and L. I have stayed there previously and we have noticed that the new management is making a very concerted effort to update the hotel. Room was clean and comfortable. New 42" TV in the room and plenty of pillows. Room was quiet and we were able to warm it up quickly and cool it off when we went to bed. Easy access to Interstate 80 and 680 in Omaha. I will be staying there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Kearney, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Rooms were exceptionally clean and have recently been remodeled. Great to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room as well as a large TV. The staff was very pleasant and efficient. Breakfast featured many choices in a nice clean breakfast area. I will definitely be back on my way through Omaha! Great Value!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business