“We'll stay at Embassy Suites again!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market
Ranked #13 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Grimes, IA
“We'll stay at Embassy Suites again!”
Reviewed November 4, 2010

We don't typically stay at hotels and we usually try to stay at the least expensive location in a city, but I decided we should try Embassy Suites because the 2-room layout appealed to me. I wanted to be able to put our almost 2 yr old son to bed, but allow for my husband and I to stay up later. Plus, having the complimentary breakfast would make it easier for us to have our meal and get on with the day. We were NOT disappointed! I will choose Embassy Suites again anywhere I go. Having a separate bedroom is GREAT when you want little ones to go down without other distractions. And the extra room for "stuff" (bedroom and lvng area) was a plus. We took advantage of the complimentary drinks/snacks while waiting for our room service order for dinner the night we checked in. The next morning we could stay right there and have a fabulous made-to-order breakfast. The only thing that made me nervous was that we used the hotel's pack n play for our son and it was "well used". I almost didn't feel safe having him in it, but we made it work.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank bkw2310

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
New Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed October 22, 2010

I stayed at this location for three nights. My fiance and I were in town for my best friends wedding and we chose this location because of the great suite style rooms that included a mini fridge, microwave and free breakfast each morning.
If you're going to be staying in the area for more then one night, I definitely recommend this hotel.
I can't speak for the price as the reservations were made for us as a gift by my friend but I will definitely stay here again the next time we are in town.
Our room was literally right next to the elevators but we never heard any loud or disturbing noises from people coming and going, and they only had one cluster of elevators in the hotel so we got all of the foot traffic from the other guests.
The rooms were quiet and clean and we did use the microwave, mini fridge and coffee maker and everything was clean and in complete working order.
The staff itself were very professional yet quiet unattentive to our needs. It would take me forever to get in touch with the valet stand when we needed to get our car and whenever I'd call the front desk they would just transfer me back to the valet and the phone would just ring and ring.
The plumbing isn't that great and much to my and my fiances embarrassment, we had to call for a plunger everyday during our time there. And again, the staff was a little slow to respond to our calls.
The free breakfast buffet was very nice and had a good amount of variety. We had read other reviews in which people had complained that they ran out of food each morning which we were concerned about but I never had that problem once in the three days we were there and the hotel was completely sold out that weekend. They had a number of groups and visiting companies staying that weekend and everytime they would run out of something at the breakfast buffet, the staff would refill it immediately.
One of the nights we were in town, we walked across the street to check out the night life and had a blast at this bar called Billy Frogs. The entire street is bursting with activity and there's a restaurant and bar to suit anyones tastes.
The hotel itself is absolutely gorgeous and I highly recommend it, even with the unattentive staff, you'll be sure to have a great stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed October 14, 2010

We arrived close to 5:00 on the date of our check in and the valet attendant pointed out some on the street parking for us so that we woldn't have to worry about paying for parking or tipping which was nice. The hotel was immaculate and waas hosting a couple of weddings so we were worried that the managers reception would be crowded and we would have to wait for drinks there but the service was excellent. Our table was closer to the bar and the bartender motioned to us when we got low on drinks and started to make them for us so that they were ready when we arrived to the bar. The breakfast service in the morning was equally impressive. The tables were cleaned as soon as someone got up and the chefs on the omelette line were very nice as well. The exceptional service as well as the great location will have us coming back for many repeat visits!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This hotel was in the heart of Omaha. Close to everything downtown. The hotel itself was staffed by friendly and helpful staff. The place was spotless and well maintained.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Stayed there for one night during a two-day family trip to the zoo. At this hotel, you definitely get what you pay for - ambience, location, excellent breakfast, lots of space, clean and fresh-looking rooms. In the evening you can hit Old Market across the street for food and drinks or walk towards the river and watch the beautiful light/water show created with the 300 feet tall fountain in the middle of the Heartland of America park.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Lumberton
Reviewed August 10, 2010

This is your normal Embassy Suites which is very nice. The location is terrific by the "Old Market". The price is pretty steep but there are few alternatives. Be aware of the additional parking charge. Also, the Manager Reception,part of the draw to stay at the Embassy, was not a reception but a cocktail hour. There was no food except pretzels and peanuts. The morning breakfast was very good and very complete.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Missouri
Reviewed August 8, 2010

We chose this hotel due to its great location. Shopping and food/drinks are right across the street at the Old Market area.

Our room seemed to be updated....with a 1990's decor. Everything (except the bathroom) looked newer and clean. It just looked like Embassy Suites had updated with leftover wallpaper and furniture. The bathroom looked even older.

Registration was quick. The hotel was quiet during our stay.

We went to the zoo which is three miles down the street and easy to get to from the hotel.

Overall a fine stay.