Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market
Hotels.com
$139
Orbitz.com
1,155 results
All reviewsold marketgreat locationkoi fishmade to order breakfastevening receptionself parkingwalking distancefree happy hourdurham museumfree breakfastcocktail hourhot tubexcellent staygreat place to staybusiness tripthe college world seriesfront desk staff
Reviewed July 19, 2009

We stayed for free using HHonors points for this one night stay. There were a number of bad first impressions throughout our stay. There was a single person working at the check-in desk at about 8 PM, so we waited a lot longer than we would ordinarily. As we walked to our room there were quite a few food trays in the hall, which also gave a poor impression of the hotel's attention to detail. We called the front desk to request extra towels and pillows, which were not delivered until after we called a second time. Finally, the in-house Starbucks was unmanned when we checked out at 9 AM the next morning. It was simply not good enough to warrant a positive review.

We absolutely loved the gentleman who cooked our breakfast. He was fantastically well organized, fast, and pleasant.

Location is very convenient to the Old Market area where there are many dining choices.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2009

We stayed at this Embassy Suites downtown location because we were in town for Youth baseball tournaments and also the College World Series. It was a fantastic location as most of the tournament games were fairly close by and also was a convenient location for access to the World Series. They even offered a shuttle to the stadium which we took advantage of. It was nice being in walking distance to the Old Market area that is very popular. Downtown although not very large, was a nice pleasant surprise of many trendy stores, restaurants and bars.
We had a king Bed suite that was very large with the standard ES set-up 2 TV's, living area with a dining table, wet bar area with microwave and mini-frig and a pullout couch that we didn't really use but is a nice space to have and good if you have guests or kids. The hotel was well-maintained courtyard style ES very nice breakfast buffet in morning and the standard ES manager's reception M-F. No complaints at all. Very good, friendly staff nothing short of what you would expect with a Hilton property. Also, there was self parking lot across the street for $8.00 a day a real bargain. I would not hesitate to stay here again next time I visit the area. In fact, I probably would not consider any of the other options in the area as I was so pleased with our choice.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tedandlisa90
Reviewed July 2, 2009

We stayed here for one night on a road trip. The young woman who checked us in was very nice, but basically clueless. (poor training?). My husband needs disability parking which was right outside the front door. (the regular lot is south of the building across the street). We finally found a valet guy (very nice) who comp-ed the parking. It appeared on our bill the next morning & we had to straighten it out (more wasted time). We asked the check-in clerk about the guest reception. She indicated there was only beer and wine (she didn't know there was hard liquor) so my husband started the afternoon out with beer and didn't want to change although he would have preferred hard liquor.
We are HiltonHonors gold level members and had requested a room on a main floor or close to the elevator. We ended up on the 6th floor as far from the elevator as one could be.
This is a beautiful property but the quality of the service was terrible. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank almostelderlycouple
Reviewed June 1, 2009

My 4 year old daughter and I traveled from Cincinnati, Ohio to Omaha for a dear friends wedding which was May 30, 2009. The bride had reserved rooms at the Hampton Inn in Councill Bluffs, but since we were going to be there for four days I wanted to upgrade to a hotel with a suite as having a child sometimes requires a little more room. When we arrived I read the sign stating that they have valet parking for $14.95/day and if you do not valet park there is really only off street parking. I thought not knowing the area I better do the valet parking. For the most part it worked out fine - you were supposed to call from your room and give the valet your card number and they would pull your car around by the time you got out to the lobby. A few times I called there was no one to answer so we just walked down and there was normally someone around and we would just have to wait for them to go and get our vehicle. UNFORTUNATELY, the day of the wedding, Saturday, May30th, my daughter and I left the hotel about 9 am and we had our hair and make-up done at Yonkers in Omaha with the bride and the rest of the bridal party. The wedding was about a 30 minute drive in Neola, IA were there is nothing, no hotels, etc. We were to be at the church by 1:30 for pictures with the bridal party. My plan was to leave the hotel at 12:55. I began calling the valet from our room at 12:50 with no response - tried and tried and now it was 1:00 so I gathered my daughter up and we headed down to the lobby to find a group of people waiting at the valet stand for their cars and had been waiting for over 20 minutes. I began to panic and walked my daughter into the lobby in search of someone who could find a valet. The lady at the front desk was helping someone and said she would try to find someone. About 5 minutes passed and still no one - I marched back in and tried to be a bit more forceful, but not nasty as my 4 year old was with me and I didn't want to have a fit in front of her. Finally an older lady came out to help and located the keys for the couple that had been standing there for now over a half hour and made them go find there car. She asked me for my ticket and I told her it was in my room by the phone where I call to give them the number. She said she needed it to find my keys and I gave her the number, but she wanted the ticket. Keep in mind that my daughter and I are in wedding style gowns and now I have to drag her through the lobby and up to the far end of the 5th floor to get this stupid ticket. We arrive back downstairs and it is now 1:25 and I give her the ticket and she still cannot find my keys. I am now having a fit and the tears are flowing and no one seems to care. She is calling the valets who are both in vans taking people for a wedding somewhere in Omaha - so my point is that there were NO valets there at all. Everytime we came or went I tipped the valet $5.00 each time on top of the charge to valet and when we came back from getting our hair done I told the valet we would only be about an hour and we would be back down. I asked him if he could keep the car in the shade as our bouquets were in the front seat. He agreed and I thought everything would be fine. This lady finally got ahold of one of the valets and I heard her say on the phone that he had my keys in his pocket and he would be back soon. Needless to say that was the straw that broke the camels back. Now it is 1:40 and I still have no transportation. We finally arrived at the church at 2:20 - the wedding started at 2:30 and I was a mess. They were really not too concerned , as this lady just kept telling me that this is just part of life. I was very dissappointed and as of yet have talked to anyone who would like to make this right for me. My daughter and I were in none of the wedding party photos, which were all taken before the wedding. If you are going to offer a valet service and make people pay for it you sure better be sure there is someone working that service at all times!!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
7  Thank sewing4dollars
Reviewed May 29, 2009

We could not have been more pleased with our choice of hotel in Omaha! We were in town for a Zoo visit with friends that are moving to the West Coast - so we were really looking for something special. We booked 2 rooms and all of us thought this was a fabulous place to stay!

The hotel worked great for us - it was perfect with the suite rooms - a bedroom, bathroom and separate family room - plus we had complementary cocktails at the manager's reception. Our rooms were very clean and nice. The staff was very accomodating and went out of their way to make us feel at home.

We stayed here partially because we were across the street from the Old Market area. We ate at M's Pub (wonderful food) and stopped for a beer at Upstream Brewery. The location could not be beat for walking to a fun pub or brewery within 2 blocks!

Everyone in our group thought that breakfast was the best! Not only do they have the regular cold & basic stuff, but the omelet / hot made to order station is awesome!!

Next time we come to Omaha this will be our first choice of a hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends