Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$130
$104
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
1,142 results
All reviewsold marketgreat locationkoi fishmade to order breakfastevening receptionself parkingwalking distancefree happy hourdurham museumfree breakfastcocktail hourhot tubexcellent staygreat place to staybusiness tripthe college world seriesfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We usually are big fans of the Embassy Suites chain. While our stay was ok, they definitely fell short in some areas. The location of this hotel can't be beat. Our girls enjoyed the open atrium with all of the fish too. Breakfast was good and the manager's reception was ok. Overall, the place was ok and we would probably stay again because of the location. Here is what they could improve on. The entire hotel is very dated and just seemed kind of dirty. When we checked into our room, there was either vomit, blood, or another bodily fluid on our bathroom floor and all over behind the toilet. It was disgusting. And, the carpet in the room seemed to be quite dirty. My daughters didn't have shoes on for a bit and within an hour, the bottoms of their feet were black. Gross. Breakfast gets over too early during the week. 9:00 is not reasonable for families. We were there for 4 days, and the pool was closed for 2 of the 4 days. So, we had to take a shuttle one night to swim at another hotel. The pool at that hotel was awful. This was pretty inconvenient for us with a 2 and 4 year old. The guy that checked us in was not friendly at all. I tried to ask him a few questions and he just seemed really put out by having to say anything but his normal check in speech. The rest of the front desk staff was pretty nice, although when I informed them of our dirty bathroom, no apology was offered. On a positive note, the valet guys were great! They gave us rides to our destinations and were very friendly. Overall, we were pretty disappointed. This place needs a face lift and a good deep cleaning. Not the type of experience we have come to expect from an Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Kim O, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests, including places of improvement. I would like to apologize for your experience while you were with us this last time. I know the pool being closed is an inconvenience for our guests, especially those with families. The chlorine levels in the pool were off for a few days and we did not feel it was safe to let our guests into the pool. I am sorry the pool you were able to use at the other hotel was not good. I have forwarded your comments regarding your room to my Executive Housekeeper. Of course, your experience with your room was unacceptable. I will also be speaking with our Front Office Manager regarding the gentleman who checked you in. It is not an inconvenience for us to get you any and all information you may need or want, and he should not have made you feel that way. Thank you again for writing a review of your recent stay with us. We do hope to see you again on your next trip to Omaha.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

This hotel has a great location-right in Old Market area, close to restaurants and shops and a 5 minute drive just down the street to the Omaha Zoo. Rooms are nice, clean. Room service was prompt and room service food was good. Decent pool and hot tub, smaller workout room.
Our check in went ok but the valet was not so friendly when we checked in and seemed overwhelmed possibly. Front desk at check in was ok, but again not too friendly or welcoming. Once in our room, someone called us to make sure everything was going well and asked if we needed anything, which was nice. We asked for more towels as there were 5 of us in the room but only 3 bath towels. They brought them up in a timely fashion and then they followed up to make sure we did receive our towels.
Breakfast was lacking. Made to order omelet station was good but choices readily made were less than appetizing. Scrambled eggs were stiff and not much for fruit unless you like honey dew or cantaloup. No chocolate milk for the kids.
Check out with valet was superb-very helpful with bags and very friendly, so I guess it just depends who's working.
Koi fish pond throughout lobby and dining-fun for kids! Starbucks coffee brewed in lobby-helpful for parents!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. I am pleased to hear the majority of your stay with us was good. It is always great to hear when we have done something well, such as getting you any extra items you may need to take care of your family. Of course, I am disappointed to hear your check in process was not what it should be. I will be speaking with the managers of our Valet and Front Desk departments. We are always excited to see our guests and we want them to feel welcome. Thank you again for your review. I hope we will be seeing you again the next time you are in Omaha.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed over a holiday weekend, and found a very relaxing and pleasant stay. The afternoon reception was welcome after a long day of touring or shopping. The breakfast served started our day off in style. We did not meet one member of the staff that didn't seem that you were their only guest, and it was their only job to serve you. The location was perfect for the zoo, and browsing and eating in the Old Market. The room was spacious comfortable and very clean. We had requested a corner room, and a high floor upgrade, and were very pleased with both. The beds were so comfortable, and soft, the room was quiet and great for a nights sleep. We would book a room here again.
One very minor issue, no on screen TV guide, and a very limited selection of stations. Lots of sports and local staions

Room Tip: I would choose a corner room, because they are the farthest from the elevator. I can't say the elevators are noisy but the amount of traffic coming and going could disturb. The southeast corner is away from the parking lot and the busy street out front, and farthest from pubs in the Old Market
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Kim O, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a glowing review about your stay with us. I am happy to hear you had a wonderful time while staying with us! I will be sure to pass on your review to our Breakfast Staff. I know they will be pleased to know they made your stay with us memorable. We are truly located in the perfect location, just across the street from the Old Market which is our premier arts and entertainment district. We are also only a few miles from the world class Henry Doorly Zoo, which we do provide complementary shuttle service to and from. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Omaha.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Love the Embassy breakfast, but ends at 9 on weekdays! Great location: walking distance to shopping, restaurants and the park. 4 stars for cleanliness only because the back entrance and stairwell were smelly, like a wet rug. Hilton has excellent military discounts and free internet for diamond members. Also have a free business center.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Kim O, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad you had a wonderful time while with us. I will pass along a suggestion about moving the closing time of breakfast. We are always looking for new ways to improve our hotel and make our guests as comfortable as possible. I am sorry you had to experience the wet rug smell in our back hallway. I will speak with my Executive Housekeeper about this issue. I am pleased to hear that the rest of your stay with us was pleasant. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Omaha.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Loved everything about the hotel. However, we went with 2 teenage girls and their wireless internet rate was over $10 a day per DEVICE. For the 4 of us we were looking at over $80 for a 1 night stay. Only other complaint was that breakfast was over at 9:00am. Kind of hard to get everyone showered and dressed when on vacation by that time.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear the majority of your stay with us was pleasant, and I hope that you were able to enjoy many of our complementary amenities. In regards to the internet charge, at this time the Embassy Suites brand is only offering complementary Wi-Fi to our Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond Members. I am terribly sorry this was an inconvenience for you. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I do hope we will see you again on your next trip into Omaha.