Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market
Ranked #14 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
South Bend, Indiana
“Relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

What a difference quality makes. Stayed at both embassy suites in Omaha. Had an awful experience at the la vista location, which was not addressed, this embassy suites is a totally different animal. It's quiet, relaxing, and a great location to the Old Market.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Kim O, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback. I am sorry to hear you did not have a good stay at our La Vista location. It is good to hear that you did have a great time with us. I hope you were able to take advantage of our many amenities, including the pool and sauna for a bit more relaxation. The next time you are with us we would be happy to give you more recommendations as to which restaurants in the Old Market cannot be missed. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Lincoln, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

The overall experience was great! Probably the best thing about staying at Embassy is the breakfast. Those omelets are amazing! Great rooms, great lobby, very clean, and friendly staff! Especially the valet guys...they were so helpful and so nice! Will for sure stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. It is so nice to hear you enjoyed your stay. I am thrilled you enjoyed our omelets so much! We take pride in providing the complimentary amenities that you enjoyed and are always working to enhance our guests’ experience. I will pass on your comment about our valet staff to them. They are always pleased when we can give them such great feedback. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip into town!
Omaha, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

My boyfriend and I celebrated our 2 years with the Embassy Suites in Downtown Omaha and had an amazing time! Everything was perfect and everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. They made our special night a priority to them! We loved it!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Kim O, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am glad you had a wonderful time and I am pleased you chose to celebrate such an important event with us! We always try to make our guests as comfortable as possible and to provide assistance with anything they may need. We look forward to seeing you the next time you want to stay downtown. I also would like to wish you many more happy anniversaries.
Jefferson, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

This is THE best hotel in Omaha. From check-in to check-out they make you feel at home! I sooooo wish I would have written down names, because my memory has failed me again. Stayed one night to hit the casinos in Council Bluffs... and got AMAZING advice about which to go to. I'm not from "the big city" so I always get hesitant driving... but the front desk told me step by step directions and used landmarks as a guide. I got to WalMart, Ameristar Casino, and back to the hotel without any problems! Front desk also gave us great walking directions through the Old Market to a local convenience store. Love the Old Market area. Eat at Spaghetti Works or Zio's Pizza if you get the chance!! Sadly, we missed the AWESOME and DELICIOUS breakfast because we stayed up too late at the casinos!! But I have had the breakfast before and it is well worth getting up early!! I come to Omaha every few months for a "getaway" and I won't stay anywhere else. Thanks again for an awesome stay!! I will be back!!

Room Tip: For quiet ask to face the river... for a good view ask to face downtown. Either way all the rooms ar...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Kim O, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for your delightful review! We strive to be the best, and when our guests recognize that, when there are other hotel options, we are elated that we stand out and become your preferred destination in Omaha. I am pleased to hear our hotel staff was able to give you directions that worked so wonderfully for you. It sounds as though you had a truly magnificent time while you were here. Our location next to the Old Market and just across the river from the Casinos in Council Bluffs is ideal for many of our travelers. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

We have been here several times with the family. There is a wonderful stream flowing through the hotel with fish to feed. A great breakfast buffet, a swimming pool and a workout room. It is right next to the Old Market as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank swordman32
Kim O, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary amenities, as well as some of the more fun aspects of our hotel. I hope you were able to take full advantage of our great location next to the old market. Once the weather gets a little warmer you must come back and take the opportunity to visit our world class Henry Doorly Zoo. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Tyler, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed here with our three pre-teen grandchildren for a two night week-end stay. This hotel has a great location in the Old Market area. We had little water pressure in our room, and they were unable to fix it as they needed a part and it was not available on the weekend. They did offer to move us to a different room, but did not have a room with two beds, which we needed. They did try to make us happy and comped our valet parking and gave us a bottle of wine. I cannot believe housekeeping didn't notice the problem, but probably did not report it.
Like many hotels, this one charges for wifi, and charges $10.95 PER DEVICE. With 5 of us, that would be $55, which is crazy. I'll never stay here again..

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first floor. At breakfast it is very noisy.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Kim O, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests, including areas where we haven’t met our guests’ expectations. I am sorry that the water pressure in your suite was so poor and that we were unable to move you to another room with the same amount of beds. I understand what an inconvenience that must have been. I am terribly sorry to hear that the cost of internet for 5 devices is enough to make you not want to come back to our hotel. I will bring the concerns you have made to our Executive Team. Thank you very much for your honest feedback.
omaha, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Rooms not the cleanest, bathroom was dirty and carpets along walls very dirty. Noisy neighbors, security did come but they continued the noise. Most of the motel staff was friendly, housekeeping person who brought blankets was extremely rude. Had to pay extra for Wi-Fi. Food was good and complimentary reception night was good. Location to downtown and Zoo is great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Kim O, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to our property and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with the condition of our suites. We will take your comments to our housekeeping department. I am sorry to hear that our security was not doing what they could to keep the noise down and we will use your comments to improve noise in the future. We truly appreciate your feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon.