Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market
Ranked #12 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
Scottsdale, United States
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

From the moment the courtesy van driver picked me up at the airport to my checking out of the hotel, I was extremely pleased with every aspect of my stay! I used to live in Omaha and so the van driver gave me a complimentary tour of downtown Omaha to show off the improvements since the last time I had been to the city. The check-in experience was beyond helpful and pleasant. My room was excellent and I really liked (and took advantage of ) the lay-out of the suite. The bedroom is separated from the "living" or work space and it really allowed me to relax. If you work on the road a lot, this is a great way to keep work in the other room and get a great night's sleep without your workstation being two feet away from your bed. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone in general, but especially traveling professionals. The downtown Omaha location is convenient to everything and the suites are perfectly designed for a work/leisure stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Julie C, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to come back and visit Omaha! Thank you for your kind words and I passed along your comments to the Valet and Front Desk staff. Thanks for choosing to stay with us while you were on business and I hope your travels bring you through to see us again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Sioux City, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

I usually have good stays at Embassy Suites, but this time it was not the usual. First I cannot understand why they do not offer free wi-fi. Most hotels do. The room we received was either an old smoking room or the hotel is ignoring the no smoking policy. We reserved a nonsmoking room. There was a hepa filter air cleaner on the cabinet but we had to run it continuously during our stay. There was only one bartender during the free drink period so people needed to stand in line. We decided not to stay the last night of our reservation and was charged for not staying. I guess I have never had this problem with other places we've stayed or perhaps we have never read the fine print. I guess that was not that big of deal we told them in the morning and the place was not in need of rooms.

Room Tip: Valet and shuttle service crew was outstanding.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback during your stay at our hotel. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied and did not receive the kind of service that is expected of Embassy Suites. The charge for the internet is a Hilton Hotel brand standard. I sincerely apologize if you felt their was smoke. We are a non-smoking facility and we do take that seriously. I'm so sorry you felt you had to leave a day early. I would like to invite you for a free night stay if you are back in Omaha and give us a chance to Make it Right. You may make your reservation through our Asst General Manager and we would love another opportunity to make your stay enjoyable.
Sioux Center, IA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Beautiful facility and rooms. Very clean. The location in Omaha can't be beat. Literally across the street from the Old Market district and all it's dining, shopping and entertainment. It took less than 5 minutes to get to the Henry Doorly Zoo (yes, it is open in the winter). We stayed here during the holiday season and the Con-Agra ice skating rink was set-up and decorated for Christmas just steps from the front door of the hotel...great fun for our family. The only negative I can think of is that we had to pay extra to get access to wi-fi which seems a bit outdated to me. All in all a great stay and a great hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your kind words of our hotel! I'm so glad you and your family were able to join us during the holidays. The ice skating rink is a big hit! I think it's great you went to the Zoo! You are right, their are many things to do indoors. I do apologize about the internet cost. Unfortunately, it is a Hilton Hotel brand standard. We would love to invite you and your family back and offer you free internet on your next stay! Thanks again.
Washington DC, U.S. Virgin Islands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

The hotel is clean and safe in a perfect location to walk to shops, restaurants and the ice skating rink next door. The made to order breakfast is always perfect and the hotel staff was efficient and so kind.

1 Thank Kelly M
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. Thanks to you and your family for choosing to stay with us! I love to hear when our guests are able to get out and enjoy our Historic Old Market District with it's many restaraunts and shops. Their is always something to do! I'm very glad you and your family enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you back in the future!
Syracuse, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

We spent the night at Embassy Suites with our adult daughter as she had to catch an early am flight. We had to take her to the airport because the hotel airport shuttle did not start early enough. We stayed here because my husband and I and our daughter each had their own private bedroom space. We had a very enjoyable evening at the manager's reception. The breakfast adds a good value to staying here.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review of our hotel. How wonderful you were able to spend an evening with your daughter! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and had a pleasant evening. I'm sorry we could not do the shuttle run for you. It's nice to hear you were able to take advantage of our made to order breakfast. Thanks for staying with us and we hope we can serve you again in the future.
Delafield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Was a great stop for us on our way to Colorado. Very friendly service and clean. Our room was nicely decorated and spacious. Gym was very nice and pool had a hot tub. The breakfast was filling, but not gourmet which was fine by us. Nice omelet and pancake station with Starbucks. Overall a quality hotel with great service and nice rooms.

Stayed December 2013
Julie C, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for stopping by and staying with us on your way to Colorado. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and was able to take advantage of our made to order breakfast. We hope you had a great trip and will come back and stay with us on your next trip through Omaha. Thanks again, and have a safe, Happy Holiday from Embassy Suites!
Omaha, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Embassy Suites is one of the best places to stay. It has a full breakfast and a mgr. reception every night of the week... not just during the week. Very friendly and helpful staff. You can't beat it for the price. We make it an annual family get-together around Christmas. Our kidsand grandkids love it!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I'm so happy to hear you and your family had such a enjoyable stay! Thank you for your kind words about our staff and we love having you. That's wonderful you and your family can get together for the Holidays. We hope to see you next year and if your grandkids like the fish, they can get some fish food from the front desk and feed them! Thanks again, and Happy Holidays from our family to yours.