“Great Hotel and Wonderful Location”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market
Ranked #14 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We recently stayed here for one night while visiting the area and were very pleased with our hotel choice. Upon arriving we were promptly picked up from TacAir and taken over to the hotel. Everyone from the driver to all hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean. The rooms are perfect size suites. The hotel has many things in walking distance-from shopping to dining and Qwest Center. The cook to order breakfast was wonderful as always.

The only little problem we encountered was while eating at the restaurant. We were the first ones there and it took 45+ to get our food. We over heard someone saying they were filling Room Service orders first. When we did get our Burgers and Fries they were very good.

With that being said, we would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Stacie M, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback.

It’s fantastic to hear that you enjoyed the two room suites our hotel offers, as wells as the Old Market area. We are always happy to hear what our guests enjoyed from their stay but also what could have been improved. Thank you for giving us your feedback on our Falling Water Grille. This information will help us improve on our service and make sure we are prepared for the amount of guests staying in house. Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is an excellent place to stay. The help at all the Embassy Suites are great, but this crew is spectacular. Hotel is gorgeous and very well maintained. Extremely quiet at night and well lit both inside and out.

The lobby is like a rainforrest with live fish swimming inbetween the lobby and the restaruant.

The restaruant is fabulous. Best meal I've ever had. Also the best waiter I've ever encountered.

Thanks to the manager and his staff for a great experience!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you Steve for your kind review! I am happy to hear our staff made you feel welcome. I am glad you were able to enjoy the restaurant during your stay also. If there is every anything more we can do for you please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property. It is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Been here a few times now and I'm always impressed by the staff. This particular visit, I had some issues with the business center, and the front desk staff worked with me to get my printing done. Went back and couldn't print my boarding pass for the airport....again, front desk helped me out. From the desk staff to housekeeping to maintenance, I always get a greeting in the hotel. The strange thing, though, is that you rarely SEE the staff...not overtly, in your face anyhow. Even housekeeping is a little "out of sight." Not like most hotels where you jockey for position around the sweepers and maintenance workers. Yet, when you do see them, they're always pleasant and speak to you.

This particular visit, I was there for a conference, so they were busy....but I never noticed it. Even the airport shuttle came for me within 10 minutes or less on their busiest day of arrival.

That said, this visit, I noticed wear on the carpets I'd not seen before and a little "aging" of the property. While this will absolutely NOT affect my choice to stay there, just be aware it seems that there is some issues in this area. AND the only thing that I found "wrong" was that one of the TV remotes didn't work well......since I only used the TV for one morning, it wasn't a big deal for me...and I forgot to mention it on check out.

For the most part, this hotel is all about location, location, location! Close to airport, shuttle service, and it's across the street from Old Market. Best part about it is the location. :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Stacie M, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for your kind review of our property. It is always nice to hear from guests about what they enjoyed during their stay and also areas for improvement. I am happy to hear our staff was welcoming and could assistant with your needs. I am also glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the location of the hotel. The Old Market is a premier arts and entertainment district featuring fine dining, shopping, and upscale night life. Next time you are in town please let us know if you need anything or stop by the Front Desk for some great restaurant recommendations.

As for the carpet and areas for improvement, these have not gone unnoticed by us. I am glad to inform you we are doing small but noticeable updates to our rooms and carpet which should help with these areas. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Very nice hotel located near everything in downtown Omaha. Nice evening happy hour and the breakfast - cooked to order - is terrific. Rooms are suites so the extra room is nice to have. Staff could not have been more helpful. Overall a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We take pride in providing the complimentary services that you enjoyed and are always working to enhance our guests’ experience. Thank you again for your kind review and please let us know if we can do anything for you on your next visit to Embassy Suites.

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

This was my second trip staying at this hotel, with almost identical experiences. Now I consider it more than a fluke, but a pattern. To start off, what can be more aggravating than pulling up and waiting 15 minutes before the ONE valet who I saw working told me to check in it was going to be a while before he could get with me. I dont blame him at all, he had 6 guys trying to get their cars and 2 trying to check their car in. An impossible task that is a management issue. Check in was smooth and I expressed my frustration and they were friendly and apologetic. the coffe shop also had service issues, as twice I went for coffee and noone was around. Valet at checkout was a similar situation, and after 2 stays here this clearly is a staffing issue. For 180 bucks, I expect far more. Quite frankly there are MANY better options in the area, and a return here by me is HIGHLY unlikely.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and our sincere apologies for the negative experience during your recent stay. It is unfortunate that we were not prepared and staffed for the occupancy of our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us as we will use this as a learning tool to improve upon our services. We have been working with each department closely to ensure we are always available and prepared to assist guests even during busy times. We can only improve on our service when we hear from guests on what needs to be improved so thank you again for the review.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My TV remote had food stuck on it, a lamp shade had a large rip in it, a chair had stains on it and was wobbly, and the temperature inside the room wouldn't go below 70 degrees unless I opened the window to Omaha winter temperatures. The staff seemed friendly, but the neglect in maintaining the hotel room I stayed in was very disappointing. This wasn't the first stay I had at the Embassy Suites in Omaha, but it will be my last as my other stays echoed this experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Stacie M, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me. We appreciate all feedback from our guest. Feedback is our most valuable tool to determine which areas we need to develop in. It is also a great way to improve on our guest services and better out hotel. I apologize for the problems you had during your stay and will work with our staff to make improvements.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great Hotel with super friendly staff. Large rooms, comfy beds and a great breakfast to get you going in the morning. Location is very close to downtown with most everything in walking distance. I stay at this hotel everytime I travel to Omaha.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Jeremiah, thank you for your kind review; it is always nice to hear from returning guests. I am glad our staff was friendly and you enjoyed the two bedroom suites that our hotel has to offer. If there is anything we can do for you on your next stay please don’t hesitate to ask.