“Understaffed, overpriced...”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market
Ranked #13 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

This was my second trip staying at this hotel, with almost identical experiences. Now I consider it more than a fluke, but a pattern. To start off, what can be more aggravating than pulling up and waiting 15 minutes before the ONE valet who I saw working told me to check in it was going to be a while before he could get with me. I dont blame him at all, he had 6 guys trying to get their cars and 2 trying to check their car in. An impossible task that is a management issue. Check in was smooth and I expressed my frustration and they were friendly and apologetic. the coffe shop also had service issues, as twice I went for coffee and noone was around. Valet at checkout was a similar situation, and after 2 stays here this clearly is a staffing issue. For 180 bucks, I expect far more. Quite frankly there are MANY better options in the area, and a return here by me is HIGHLY unlikely.

• Stayed: February 2013
Stacie M, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and our sincere apologies for the negative experience during your recent stay. It is unfortunate that we were not prepared and staffed for the occupancy of our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us as we will use this as a learning tool to improve upon our services. We have been working with each department closely to ensure we are always available and prepared to assist guests even during busy times. We can only improve on our service when we hear from guests on what needs to be improved so thank you again for the review.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,097)

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My TV remote had food stuck on it, a lamp shade had a large rip in it, a chair had stains on it and was wobbly, and the temperature inside the room wouldn't go below 70 degrees unless I opened the window to Omaha winter temperatures. The staff seemed friendly, but the neglect in maintaining the hotel room I stayed in was very disappointing. This wasn't the first stay I had at the Embassy Suites in Omaha, but it will be my last as my other stays echoed this experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Stacie M, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me. We appreciate all feedback from our guest. Feedback is our most valuable tool to determine which areas we need to develop in. It is also a great way to improve on our guest services and better out hotel. I apologize for the problems you had during your stay and will work with our staff to make improvements.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great Hotel with super friendly staff. Large rooms, comfy beds and a great breakfast to get you going in the morning. Location is very close to downtown with most everything in walking distance. I stay at this hotel everytime I travel to Omaha.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Jeremiah, thank you for your kind review; it is always nice to hear from returning guests. I am glad our staff was friendly and you enjoyed the two bedroom suites that our hotel has to offer. If there is anything we can do for you on your next stay please don’t hesitate to ask.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

The amenities at this hotel are hard to beat. They have a free two hour happy hour that brings together many professional and leisure travelers in a central location. Not only is the beer free but the conversation is lively and the hotel feels like an event in its own right.

That being said, outside of the happy hour the hotel lacks a certain intimacy or charm (as compared to the Magnolia Hotel, for instance). This may be seen as a positive for in and out, function-focused business travelers but I always appreciate a certain level of character or personality in a highly priced hotel.

4 of 5 stars for great amenities, large rooms, comfortable beds.

Side note... they have the Omaha World Herald and USA Today. Where the Wall Street Journal? As a business traveler, I'd appreciate a deeper offering of publications.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the amenities that are offered to our guests. It is also nice to hear the areas that could use improving.

Please visit our Starbucks in the Falling Water Grille and you will find Omaha World Herald, USA Today and Wall Street Journals. We might have run out of the Wall Street Journals the morning you were looking for them. Next time you are in town you can call down to the Falling Water Grille and we would be happy to hold one or deliver it to your room.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Great place to stay,I am an early riser, so it was great to be able to leave the bedroom and hang out in the 'parlor', where I had my own TV and such. I loved the area, because I do not drive crewcab pick-ups around metropolitan areas if I can help it. Got to see Haymarket, the State Museum and visit my state senator's office in the Capital - made for great exercise, but weather for Feb was great, so didn't mind the walking.
Great breakfast - made to order omelettes, waffles, etc. couldn't ask for more there. What I think they could accomodate is free wifi in the rooms. Hope they will work on that.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Stacie M, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed our amenities and your two room suite. I am also glad the weather was nice enough to walk around the Downtown area in February!

I hope we can welcome you back to Embassy Suites in the future. Thank you again for your kind review.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, check in very fast, and friendly, manager's reception was great, the breakfast buffet was also very good,, we are planning our next getaway there, parking was across the street and secure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Stacie M, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

It is fantastic to hear you enjoyed your stay at Embassy Suites and you are already planning your next get-a-way. Make sure to look into our promotions that we offer at different times of the year. We have a great zoo package and/or Children's museum package and Romance Packages. Our shuttle can provide you transportation to these locations and many others within a 3 miles radius. Thank you for your review and we will see you soon.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed here on a recent trip to Omaha. Found all staff to be friendly beyond belief. From the free shuttle service to the free breakfast it was truly the best bargain I have ever had in a hotel. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfy. We had a corner room and it was quiet. We enjoyed the free newspapers and breakfasts in the morning and once made it to the happy hour(also free) which was also nice. Overall I could not ask for a better value or staff. Cudos to the general manager. It is evident that this is a very well managed hotel. I truly appreciated the warm, friendly, professional staff. I felt like I was a guest in their house rather than at a hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback. It’s great to hear that our associates made you feel at home as we strive to do that for each hotel guest.

We are also happy to hear you enjoyed your guest suite and the beds. Service and Comfort are our top priorities at Embassy Suites and we are pleased those helped to enhance your guest experience. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back in the future.