Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market
Ranked #13 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Booked a two bedroom non smoking room and were given a one bedroom smoking room because the hotel over booked. They offered us a room at a near by Hilton that had no free Internet and a "free" but terrible breakfast. Room at the Hilton had a crib that needed removed and no one answering the guest services phone.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank MLM754
Abby D, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

First off I want to apologize that we were not able to accommodate you and your room request at our property. Secondly I want to apologize for your stay at the Hilton. I know my apology does not make up for the inconvenience you experienced during your time here. I also know this was not the quality of service you expected from an Embassy Suites but we would like the opportunity to make it up to you if you decide to return to the Downtown Omaha area. I am sorry again for your stay but want to thank you for your review.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I had other option that cost less but were a little further away from the Old Market so I opted for one night. I liked the use of a stream running through the lobby stocked with koi fish. It made it seem a little out of the ordinary. The room was pretty much what I expected from Embassy Suites. I asked if there was a room with a view of the Old Marketplace or the Heartland Mall and she said certainly. However the room did was not high enough to see past the roof of the banquet facility.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and your stay. I am sorry the room did not have the view you requested. Please let us know next time you are in town and staying with us and we will be happy to get you on a higher floor with a view. Thank you again for your kind review.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights (Sat, Sun, Mon). On Saturday, my husband, son & I stayed. On Sunday & Monday nights my co-worker stayed with me while we attended a conference there. Upon arrival the valet helped me unload some boxes for the conference and by the time I got the car parked and went back into the hotel, our room was ready. The room was clean and there were no issues with the keys to get in. My husband got in later than we did and just had to show his i.d. to get his key. My son used the pool and had a great time. I used the hot tub for a bit, but it was on the very hot side, so I couldn't handle it for long. There were a few old towels laying around in the pool area, but I think we hit it just after "rush time" so they probably just hadn't gotten to them yet. They were gone later. Breakfasts on all mornings were very good. The conference went extremely smooth. The conference room was ready for vendors to set up before it was even scheduled to be ready. The beverage manager and the event manager, one of them was always accessible and they were very helpful & professional. I was supposed to be comped for my second & third nights. The morning of check out, it hadn't been taken care of yet. One mention to Mary and it was done. No issues, no having to check again and again. I really appreciated that. The conference room was always stocked with water, coffee, other assorted beverages and snacks. It was great! We had lunch and dinner included with our conference and the food was excellent. I really have no complaints. Everything was handled so well, the staff was so professional, competent and helpful. I don't think we have ever had a conference that went as smooth as this one. I would not hesitate to stay here again, for business or pleasure. Plus this hotel is located right on the Old Market. Couldn't ask for a better location!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Buffy24
Abby D, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for your delightful review. I am happy to hear our staff was helpful and you enjoyed your guest suite as well as the amenities our hotel has to offer. Thank you also for taking the time to review our banquet/conference area. We are also happy to hear when functions run smoothly and our associates are eager to take care of your needs.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I made a reservation through the hotel for one king bed month ago. Upon arrival Greg checked me in and I went to my room. Upon entering, it had 2 full size beds (if you could even call them that) and was a handicapped room. I tried calling down to the front desk and kept gettin a busy signal. When I walked down there to talk to Greg he was very short and acted as if this wasn't his problem. He said he gave me this room because it was the last one available. But gave me no warning at all when he checked me in. He offered nothing in replacement or seemed to care. I work in customer service and would never treat a customer the way I was treated tonight. Someone needs to teach Greg a thing or two about customer service skills! And for the embassy suites, you new to hire the right people with the right skills to do certain jobs

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Angela412
Abby D, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Our sincere apologies for the negative experience during your recent stay with Embassy Suites. You are right; this is not the customer service Embassy Suites expects from their employees. We have addressed the situation. Your feedback is very important to us as we will use this as a learning tool to improve upon our services.

Thank you again for your review and we hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were in town for a wedding in the family. Stayed at this hotel for two reasons. First, the proximity to the Old Town and the airport was appealing. Second, we typically like the room layout and space at the Embassy Suites. The included breakfast was also a plus.

We booked two rooms. One for the wife and me, the other for my two older kids. Both rooms were clean and comfortable. The bedding was fresh and comfortable. Had an issue with a slow draining sink which they promptly repaired. Is it too much to ask for a little more water flow in the shower? It is no worse than a lot of finer hotels but I really wish they would turn up the pressure so you can take a descent shower.

The breakfast is, of course free as in all Embassy Suites. The quality is also typical Embassy Suites. That means, it is a cut above places like the Hampton Inns but still fairly low end and commercial quality. Would it be too much to ask for at least some of the breads to be fresh baked? The breads and pastries are pretty low quality and not particularly fresh (though not outright stale). Lest anyone say 'what do you expect for free?' The breakfasts are included but they are built into the cost of the room. As guests, we have a right to expect more.

All in all, this hotel was good and we would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Abby D, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. Your concerns with the water pressure and breakfast items have been forwarded to our engineering and food and beverage teams. Despite those concerns I am glad you enjoyed your guest suite and the location.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to Embassy Suites in the future.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have stayed here many times but most recently overnighted with a friend for a conference. She had a king room so I used the hide-a-bed. It was comfortable, generally those types of beds never are, and the room was quiet. When we returned from a session at the end of an afternoon we flipped the light switch and the light blew. I also had trouble with the TV not turning on in the living area. I placed a call to maintenance and they were up knocking on the door within 5 minutes. He figured out the TV wasn't plugged in...duh...checked everything but that! He ran for a light bulb and all was well within 10 minutes of my call. Old Market area is right out the front door, area is safe to walk at night.

Also, while I had nothing to do with the banquet planning I have to give kudos to the whole staff for exemplary service during the three days we were camped out there, especially our night event bartender (Sept 12&13), she was fabulous. I twice required change for a $20 for tipping on our events free drinks and she dug into her own purse both times!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Abby D, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We love reading honest and awesome reviews like yours. I am happy to hear our staff was helpful and were quick to fix your problems. I am also glad you enjoyed your room and the location of the hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay!

We hope your travels bring you back to Omaha and that we are your preferred destination for accommodations.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

The rooms are pretty dated and aren't really worth the money - there are many boutique hotels in the downtown area that are much nicer for the same price. I valet parked my car (brand new, mind you) and it was returned to me with the big dent in the door. After speaking with 3 different people there they claimed that there is nothing they can do. What kind of hotel doesn't take care of it's guests? So I guess if you want damaged property and an old room, then this might be the place for you-otherwise steer clear of this Embassy.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sadie F
Abby D, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We regret we were not able to provide you with the service and experience you expected at our hotel.

This is not the standard of Embassy Suites and unfortunately the situation may have not been handled in the best manner when it was brought up to the original associate. I believe you have spoke with our management team. I understand it did not make up for the inconvenience you experienced during your time with us but I want to apologize again for our service provided. Service is clearly the backbone of our business and we will absolutely use this to improve.

Thank you again for your comments; we do hope you will consider staying with Embassy Suites the next time you are in the area.