1,199 results
All reviewsold marketgreat locationkoi fishmade to order breakfastthe manager's receptionself parkingdurham museumfree happy hourwalking distancefree breakfastcocktail hourexcellent stayhot tubgreat place to staybusiness tripshuttle servicefront desk staff
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stay at Embassy Suites whenever we can. I have had really good luck with them....both of the Embassy Suites in Omaha are Excellent!! LaVista and Downtown.

Both Properties are impecably clean and the attention to detail is great. The food and beverage service is good in both places as well. The pool is better in LaVista, but the Downtown/Old Market is a better location for shopping and walking. There are some really cool shops within walking distance and some really fun restaurants and bars.

The location is close to anything you want to do. Dining, concerts, casinos,......and it is a great hotel. The staff was excellent and the breakfast was tremendous!!

There is no shopping in LaVista area right by the hotel. If you are heading to Lincoln for football it is great. 45 minutes you are in the stadium. Cornhusker opponents stay there the night before games.

Two great hotels.......Enjoy.

Room Tip: Parking is behind the hotel in a big lot....unload you bags before you park if you are carrying more than 1 bag.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Abby D, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you for your delightful review!

We strive to be the best, and when our guests recognize that, when there are other hotel options, we are elated that we stand out and become your preferred destination in Omaha.

We look forward to seeing you back very soon!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

This hotel was the best Embassy Suites I ever stayed at. We arrived at 3ish PM. Check in was fast and the front staff were nice. We were expecting some bland average elevator but, there is a glass elevator! We had a 2 room suite on the 6th floor on the N side. We had amazing views of Downtown. The room was not as new as other hotels but, it was not a big deal. Flat-screen TV's were nice and a lot of channels! The bathroom was very nice only thing was that the door to the bathroom would take a lot of strength to close it to the point in which you could lock it. There was an Irish family reunion that evening and they were loud! I know the hotel can't control this but, they could at least have done something. The breakfast was superb! The cook to order was nice as was the cook who prepared the cook to order too! The only real negative I could think of was when we asked for directions to the pedestrian bridge and the staff did not know where it was! There was a nice business center that was open for every guest for free! Location wise, only a few feet to the old market. 5 blocks to the heart of Downtown. Overall this was a nice hotel and would recommend it!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 6 and + floors on the N side for the best views of Downtown. Also, there is a neat Russian/Czech store kitty corner from the front entrance!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank moscow201x
Abby D, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

We are glad to hear you enjoyed everything the hotel has to offer. It’s fantastic to hear that you enjoyed the 2 room suite and hotel breakfast and location. Thank you also for voicing your concerns on the noise and bathroom door. This will help us with our training process for security and help improve our guest suites. Thank you again for leaving a review of our hotel.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights in August to attend two conferences. Rooms very comfortable and clean, location is perfect for both Old Market and airport. Shuttle service offered complimentary and readily. Conferences were catered by the hotel and the food was EXTRAORDINARILY GOOD. I came home 5 pounds heavier than when I left.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you were able to enjoy the hotel and the amenities offered, as well as the banquet facilities. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back to Embassy Suites in the future.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Unparalleled location, parking is a little cumbersome....use valet as its much easier! Pool was very hairy....too many mystery hairs for my boys to handle. They really need the clean the pool. That said, I would stay there again as the service was great and I do love Embassy Suites. Hotel is older and wear and tear shows. Still worth it and breakfast great....hopefully they will clean the hairy pool!

• Stayed: August 2012
Abby D, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. We will definitely being using your comments to help improve the cleanliness of our spa area. We are glad to hear your enjoyed the other amenities found at our hotel and thank you again for your review.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have family in Omaha and rarely stay in a hotel while home, but this trip was for a reunion in downtown and the Embassy Suites was nestled right at the east side of Old Market. The location was perfect, and I enjoyed the atmosphere of Old Market so much this trip. I felt like a tourist in my home town.

I am also in the hotel industry so I am always reviewing hotels as I travel. This one is by far one of my favorites in a long time. The staff was clearly "Yes I Can" trained and exhibit it within every department. I got to meet a bell person who was an original Yes I Can trainer and he still shows the enthusiasm and personified the spirit of service even years later. The Housekeeper who actually walked me to the exit I was trying to find, the breakfast cook (Jerry) on Sunday morning was a gem and extremely personable to guests in line, the manager at breakfast when I told her I needed coffee chirped up with a big smile and a "so do I, let's go find some" was genuine and hard working busing tables...all were exactly what we travelers look for...a welcoming attitude! Rooms, food, service were all first rate!

Room Tip: Love the layout of Embassy Suites with two rooms, sink, refrig, microwave, etc. A/C works well, but here's a tip, leave the bedroom door open on you don't get all the benefits of the A/C.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TvltimeforT
Abby D, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and your reunion in Omaha.

We look forwarding to welcoming you back in the future.