1,201 results
All reviewsdouble treecookiesold marketshuttle servicebreakfast buffetfree shuttlethe room was nicethe college world seriesdowntownconferenceconcert
Reviewed October 20, 2015

You have a great team of people who work at this property. All the people with whom we interacted were wonderful, great employees! The banquet food was good, too. The parking was reasonable and close. The swimming pool could be warmer.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
CDogDee, Director of Rooms Operations at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2015

Amy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. At DoubleTree by Hilton we only believe in giving the best service possible. It sounds like we hit it out of the park for you. I will share your comments with our staff. They are always excited to hear the great comments guest make about them.

Our pool should be heated to around 85 degrees. I have passed your concern onto to our maintenance team. They check on the pool heater to ensure it is at the right temperature for you next stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to the Omaha area.

Best Regards,
Randy E. Dee
Director of Room Operations

Reviewed October 17, 2015 via mobile

This is a tired hotel in desperate need of upgrades. The oak trim on the doors and elevators has to be at least 30 years old. Carpet - old.

The worst part of my recent stay there was the noise. After the guy in the adjoining room finished watching the Steelers game, it was FaceTime sex time with (I'm assuming) his girlfriend. I could hear every word from the both of them as though they were on the uncomfortable chair right next to my bed. Either he or the WiFi gave up - I don't care which.

(FYI - they may be meeting in Salt Lake City in early November, so one should stay away from Doubletrees there and then).

Couldn't wait to get out of there the next morning.

Stayed: October 2015, traveled on business
cedson, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our guest, especially when it presents and opportunity to improve our guest service. I'm so sorry to hear about the issues that you had during your stay. I will share your comments with the appropriate department managers to address. Thank you again for staying with us, if you visit the Omaha area again, please reach out so we can Make It Right!

Reviewed October 15, 2015

The hotel is new and very nice, staff is great - but, it's a ways from downtown. Also, they don't have a "real" restaurant and bar - I think it may be under construction - shopping and good restaurants are within 10 minutes of the hotel

Room Tip: Get something on the back side away from the highways
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled on business

Reviewed October 15, 2015 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for 3 nights for a friend's wedding, also at the Doubletree. Rooms were good. There was a mix-up with our reservation and they tried to put us in a room with one king bed. We were a party of 3. That was frustrating. The rooms included the breakfast buffet every morning which was nice. If it wasn't included with my room I probably wouldn't have purchased it though, 17.95 was a bit much in my opinion. One of the really nice amenities of the hotel was the shuttle service. They would take you anywhere within 4 miles of the hotel! Drop off and pick up. Downtown Omaha is really cute too. I was pleasantly surprised.

Stayed: October 2015, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 14, 2015 via mobile

I arrived and was informed I had to pay for parking, that's fine as all hotels in the area charge for parking as well, but I had parked my car in a public parking garage nearby. I informed the front desk agent of this as a checked in, he then told me I needed to move it here and get a parking pass. I told him I was happy where it was, and I would not be needing a hotel parking pass. he said okay, yet at 3:30 in the morning I was charged for parking on my card I left on file. I went to the front desk to figure it out, the wonderful person working at 3:30 in the morning fixed it, but it never should have happened to begin with. Furthermore, we thought we maybe left a sweatshirt there, so I called to ask, they sent me to the housekeeping manager, she wasn't there so I left a voice mail. I called back the next day upon hearing nothing, they said to leave a message and the housekeeper would get back to me by morning. Next day, still nothing. Call a third time, the front desk agent told me he would personally look into the matter and call me back himself. Still haven't heard back.

If you are staying in Downtown Omaha, almost any hotel in the area is better. Might cost you $10 more, but they have all complimentary breakfast and won't charge you for parking you won't use. Breakfast here was $17 a person.

Stayed: October 2015, traveled with friends