Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market
Ranked #37 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Casper, Wyoming
“Amazing!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed there for several nights and attended a large library conference there. Every single person on staff we ran into went above and beyond what they needed to do. The reservation desk called me personally to verify the reservation as the notes in my folio were confusing. The hotel manager was amazing, check in staff was awesome, restaurant staff was superb, and treated my 3 year old daughter like the Queen of England. The hotel was clean, and the conference rooms were always kept up on. We stayed in a suite and it was a very comfortable and modern room. My favorite was the double shower headed shower. It could easily hold 5 or more people in there if you wanted. This was by far one of the best stays I've ever had. I used to work in the hotel industry so my expectations are higher than most. I will definitely stay there again when going on personal trips!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Stephan M, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
We really appreciate your 5 STAR review, and celebrate with our team, as we will share your kind comments with our staff!

Stephan & Omaha Doubletree

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
edmonton, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Freindly and helpful staff. I love the free shuttle service they provide. This made my stay way more pleasant. Also, the free cookie to welcome you are a great bonus as well! I would defiinitely come back and stay at this hotel again. The hotel staff are always eager to please you, and make sure your stay is as pleasant as possible.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Iowa
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed in two different rooms over 3 nights. The first room had a great view of the town and was very clean. The air conditioning didn't stay on constant fan and the bathroom fan did not work. The second room was not as clean-mold in bathroom and dusty throughout but the air conditioning did stay on constant fan like it was supposed to. The pool was quite cold and there was no hot tub so that was disappointing. The fitness room was amazing with a lot of equipment. One thing I recommend, since they have yoga mats-a spray to clean them off before and after use. They just had wipes and they don't work well on mats. The employees were fantastic and very accommodating. The drinks were good at the bar and so were their steak quesadillas! I would recommend this hotel but I will probably stay elsewhere next time for the hot tub and pool.

Ortonville, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My stay was for business exhibiting at the hotel in the Grand Ballroom. It was very convenient to be able to park and unload in the parking ramp with elevators and not steps to deal with. Rates were reasonable, good comfort, very helpful staff, onsite parking was complimentary with in-out service, shuttle to local areas. All in all a nice place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Team Omaha Doubletree
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed October 7, 2013

When I travel, the Doubletree brand is one of my favorite places to stay (yes it's partly the cookies), but there is also a common level of service that I can expect.

Until now. The Doubletree property in Omaha went far beyond what I normally expect. First, the scale of the property is much larger and nicer than the 'avg' Doubletree; I surmise that it may have been a Hilton or other in a previous incarnation. It seems they changed the name, but everything about it says 'Hilton'.

At check in, the manager was roaming the lobby and personally greeted me and escorted me to the desk. Later I was in the restaurant (which was good) and there he was conversing with other guests. I must have seen this man at least a half dozen times; it was obvious that this is 'his hotel' and he runs it with pride.

The room was very spacious, especially when compared to other Doubletrees. I rarely eat in the hotels I stay at, but I enjoyed the food in the restaurant and the pub very much. The onion rings were fantastic, but should probably be eaten not more than once a year by anyone over 30 as I am sure they were as fattening as they were delicious. Also, congrats to the pub for their excellent selection of brews.

I previously would stay in the Council Bluffs area when visiting Omaha, but not anymore.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 17th floor and the view was very nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 star review and "excellent service" makes us very happy...thanks for sharing these kind words with us and the rest of the world. Please come back soon!!

McLouth, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The service at this hotel was the best I have ever encountered. My husband loved the chocolate chip cookies. The room was clean, mattress was wonderful, and the personal attention from the staff was wonderful.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your fantastic review - 5 stars says it all. It was indeed a pleasure to serve you and we are thrilled to have been your host hotel.

Thanks and come back soon!

Omaha, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The hotel itself is really nice and the location was great for my purposes for business. However, I was suprised that the staff was not really accomidating, I had to ask for internet access and a map. It seemed like their primary goal was to get through everyone asap but not help people do more than get their key.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your business. I am very sorry to learn that our staff appeared not the most welcoming, that is a rare comment and not something we like to be reality here, so I thank you for pointing out shortfalls, we will immediately review these and get to work.

Thanks and come back soon!