“Excellent Service”

Ranked #39 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

When I travel, the Doubletree brand is one of my favorite places to stay (yes it's partly the cookies), but there is also a common level of service that I can expect.

Until now. The Doubletree property in Omaha went far beyond what I normally expect. First, the scale of the property is much larger and nicer than the 'avg' Doubletree; I surmise that it may have been a Hilton or other in a previous incarnation. It seems they changed the name, but everything about it says 'Hilton'.

At check in, the manager was roaming the lobby and personally greeted me and escorted me to the desk. Later I was in the restaurant (which was good) and there he was conversing with other guests. I must have seen this man at least a half dozen times; it was obvious that this is 'his hotel' and he runs it with pride.

The room was very spacious, especially when compared to other Doubletrees. I rarely eat in the hotels I stay at, but I enjoyed the food in the restaurant and the pub very much. The onion rings were fantastic, but should probably be eaten not more than once a year by anyone over 30 as I am sure they were as fattening as they were delicious. Also, congrats to the pub for their excellent selection of brews.

I previously would stay in the Council Bluffs area when visiting Omaha, but not anymore.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 17th floor and the view was very nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Stephan M, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
5 star review and "excellent service" makes us very happy...thanks for sharing these kind words with us and the rest of the world. Please come back soon!!

Stephan & team Omaha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
McLouth, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The service at this hotel was the best I have ever encountered. My husband loved the chocolate chip cookies. The room was clean, mattress was wonderful, and the personal attention from the staff was wonderful.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your fantastic review - 5 stars says it all. It was indeed a pleasure to serve you and we are thrilled to have been your host hotel.

Omaha, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The hotel itself is really nice and the location was great for my purposes for business. However, I was suprised that the staff was not really accomidating, I had to ask for internet access and a map. It seemed like their primary goal was to get through everyone asap but not help people do more than get their key.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your business. I am very sorry to learn that our staff appeared not the most welcoming, that is a rare comment and not something we like to be reality here, so I thank you for pointing out shortfalls, we will immediately review these and get to work.

Omaha, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel a couple times before an always had good experience. However, this time we were down graded from what we had reserved due to over booking. It was a birthday celebration so I was a little angry. Also the air conditioner unit was so loud it kept us up most of the night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your business and we are sorry to learn about the air conditioning unit being too loud. We will certainly be happy to review the unit and take it off market until we have replaced and repaired what needs attention.

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Had to arrange a conference for my non-profit. I'm located out-of-state and Staci Drozda was immense help to me. She responded quickly to every question (I had tons because it is the first time I coordinated a conference for 80). She had helpful suggestions when I asked and even went into the room and measured from the phone jack to the podium so I could bring the correct length of phone cord (as a non-profit we were cutting corners to save money).

Every participant liked the hotel. No major slip ups and the location was great!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We are most excited to learn that we pulled off a great conference for you!!!!

Come back soon, and thank you for gracing our hotel with your business!
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

This is an older hotel but they have upgraded it. Rooms are of good size and recently redone. Location is perfect. Restaurant has nice quality food. No central a/c so in winter it's hear only and the rooms get too hot. Very hard to cool off

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your kind words and review, we appreciate serving you and hope you will return to Omaha soon. Please be safe on your travels!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Arrived for a few days of meeting in town. The airport shuttle is nice and convenient to get to the property after arriving. Check in did not go as smoothly as I had hoped for some reason. The gentleman was lost trying to get me checked in and at least four other members of my arrival party were checked in while he just kept staring at the screen and saying he was working on it. Finally received keys and up to the room. It's an older property but I found it to be well maintained. The room was clean and nice. The beds were great and the wireless internet was working perfect.

Grabbed a few way overpriced drinks at the lobby bar with some members of the group. $5 for a Bud Light is just too much to ask. The place a decent crowd and it was fun watching the flight crews blow off some steam. The hotel offers some very nice cruising bikes for riding around town. We took advantage and cruised around town to dinner and then to the river park and over to Iowa. It was a really great little offering and I saw plenty of others taking advantage. The managers reception was jammed packed on Wednesday afternoon. Free beer and food really draws a crowd.

Check out was ok but I really hate having to stop and ask for a receipt. I'd prefer to just have it slid under my door and save the "We are green" routine. The return shuttle was packed at 5:30 am and had I not arrived very early, I would have been without a seat. A colleague was told he would have to wait until the 6am shuttle until they realized that members of flight crews could not fit on the original shuttle. Suddenly a second shuttle became available. I think they should consider flight crew only shuttles because so many crews stay at this hotel the shuttles can get jammed in the early morning.

Overall, there are lots of options in downtown Omaha but the Doubletree should be given strong consideration. It's a decent option for a few night stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Stephan M, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear US1087

Thank you for your 4-star review, we appreciate your kind words and suggestion for a "strong consideration" for other travelers. You pointed out a few minor areas we can improve on, and we will review those today, so we can start to improve tomorrow.

Many thanks for your loyal visit,

Team Omaha