Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market
Ranked #36 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Very friendly staff. Clean room and comfortable bed. In the heart of down town Omaha. We were able to walk to many restaurants. We were there for a wedding at the Paxton and we were able to take a shuttle to the Paxton ball room and we were able to take a shuttle home after the wedding reception. The staff also were more than willing and able to help with all of our requests. Such as a leaky faucet, extra cookies, a wine opener, and extra tissues.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Stephan M, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Serena K

Fantastic review, thanks SO much for your kind words and we celebrate making you happy. Please come back soon, the freshly baked chocolate chip walnut cookies are waiting for you at the front desk already!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We flew into Omaha for my class reunion. We stayed at the Double Tree because that is where the reunion was held. They gave us a great rate on the rooms. They were very clean and updated. The staff was great, and we used the shuttles to go everywhere. We never had to wait more than 10 minutes to catch a shuttle. I was also told by the Reunion committee members that they were very happy with the catering service. We will stay here the next time we visit Omaha.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear traveler,

Many thanks for your very positive review of our hotel, it was a pleasure to welcome you.
Now hurry, come back soon! :)

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend & was pleasantly surprised! I knew it was an older hotel so i was expecting it to be a little run down, but it wasn't. The room i received was huge & the bathroom amentities were nice. I enjoyed the wide open lobby where several groups of people met each night to socialize. The staff was super freindly! The only complaint i had was the breakfast buffet. Not a lot of variety & some of the food was not high quality. I guess i have been spoiled by the buffets in Vegas! The hotel is very close to most of the downtown landmarks & activities. Overall i enjoyed my stay very much!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Jeff A,

Thank you for your kind words and very favorable travel report, we are always glad to meet and exceed our guest expectations and each endorsement, such as yours, is always celebrated.

We appreciate you and hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Food - questionable - got sick after dinner the first night of a week long stay and could not eat the rest of the week; Noise - I know everything about the wife and kids of the man in the room next to me because it sounded like he was in my room; cleanliness - I really didn't want the towels from the person before me in my shower. Need I say more?

1  Thank Marjorie S

Dear traveler,

We are very concerned reading about your food illness and I understand our chef was already in touch with you, being able to demonstrate we had no involvement in your unfortunate food illness. While I am glad to learn you are better, it was very distressing to learn about your other unfortunate impressions. We strive for perfection and operate our hotel with great pride and attention to detail. It is very rare that we get things wrong and I am very sorry to learn you were unhappy. I remain hopeful that you will give us an opportunity to make this right for you. Please contact me at your convenience and I will make this right.

stephan.meier@hilton.com or 402-636-4947.

With our best wishes,

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Please don't ever waste your money on staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton Downtown Omaha. Not only do you pay extra fees for EVERYTHING such as parking, internet, and breakfast; the staff has a lack of accountability. I was trapped in the elevator by myself Sunday morning when it quit working. My several attempts at catching anyone's attention with the alarm button were ignored and when I used the call button, I was hung up on several different times. Finally someone took my call seriously and I'm sure that was only because I was crying very loudly after being hung up on and ignored. When I finally got back to our stuffy room (the A/C didn't work that well), we checked out shortly after this. We were offered a free breakfast to make up for the elevator incident but at that point, I wanted nothing to do with this hotel. We had a stuffy room, paid extra to park our car, walked several blocks to the Old Market District for a drink and ended up driving elsewhere for supper because restaurant at the hotel was closed that night (a Saturday night). The staff at checkout promised that a manager would call and follow up with us because they "felt so terrible" about the elevator problem and promised us a free stay. They took my name and phone number but it's been days and I still have not received a call. I see the management responds to these reviews but please don't expect me to call you. It was "so important" that the hotel had my contact number for follow up, I will not go chasing after you to rememdy the situation. We were given a free breakfast (to go) which consisted of bruised strawberries and dried out bacon. I see by reading other reviews that this seems to be the way the management remedies their mistakes. We got free cookies at check in but that was about the end of the good times. No appliances in our room (you would think for the price we paid we would at least get a fridge) and the Starbucks/gift shop in the lobby was staffed by one person on a Sunday morning so I waited 15 minutes to pay for some simple personal items that I wanted to purchase. As this was my birthday weekend, I feel like I got cheated of a great birthday weekend.

I guess the lack of accountability and follow up by management is the most disappointing of all. I wanted to like this hotel but their actions can speak for themselves.

Room Tip: If you decided to stay here, south facing rooms have the best view and always carry your cell phone...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephan M, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

I am sorry to learn that you felt nickled and dimed. We have some really fantastic all-inclusive packages which promise deep value, I would love to share those with you in detail.

We realize the elevator got stuck, we are glad we could get you out in such a fast time, sorry for the technical misfunction, this is never a pleasant experience. Please give me an opportunity to make this right for you. My email is stephan.meier@hilton.com or you can call me 402.636.4947 and I will make this right.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My stay at the hotel was great. I have to travel a couple times per year and this year my room was perfect. The only thing I would say is that the floor I stayed on was noisy due to other guest and there kids. I was disappointed in the quality of my food at lunch time. My hamberger looked like it was microwaved. It was brown on the out side and edges but bloody raw on the inside. I could not eat it.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

5 star ratings are special, even though they are not rare for us. Thanks, always great to see when we get it just right, over and over. We appreciate you!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was recommended to stay at this hotel for a conference. The conference was four days long so I gained a well rounded perspective of the hotel. The cookie on entrance was nice, the room seemed clean, and the rooms were cleaned daily. The computers available were extremely slow because they had not run a registry cleaner or virus check recently. The building is aging but it still is very tall!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your feedback and positive ratings, we appreciate you!