“Very Good Stay in Omaha”

Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market
Ranked #38 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Wyoming
“Very Good Stay in Omaha”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My family, two teenage daughters included, stayed at the Doubletree for a four night stay during the CWS. We arrived at 8pm after a 10 hr drive and our room was not ready. Immediately, without having a minute to be upset, the front desk agent offered us several free drink coupons in the bar and apologized profusely. I would normally not be happy, but honestly she was so nice and welcoming and the drinks and 6 chocolate chip cookies (which our daughters loved!) made our 30 minute wait seem like no big deal. The lobby is nice and the bar area is not huge considering the hotel size but the bartenders and servers throughout our stay were excellent and friendly, especially considering the high volume.

PROS:

All staff we came into contact with were super friendly
Queen deluxe room was huge
Breakfast choices were good and service quick
Good location
Nice lobby & bar area
Comfortable beds & linens
Convenient parking garage connected to hotel

CONS:
Needed a fan due to outdated thermostats (mentioned in other reviews) request at check-in
Two mornings our circuits blew in room while getting ready (but they quickly reset breakers after call)
Room décor and hallways could use a facelift
No valet

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Stephan M, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
So glad to learn you had a great stay in Omaha and at our hotel. Please share with your friends!

Come back soon!
Stephan & team Omaha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Sheridan, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The personal I talked to and that I seen where great. The only thing I would do is put a deal up about the zoo that is probally one of the best zoo's around, And they showed me where you look stuff up in the lobby on the computor. I would put something up that would stand out on the more better places to go, How else you going to find out unless someone tells you. The personal at the hotel where great they would help you any way they can. And they need to recognize there employee's give them a little extra in there pay check show them that they do appricate what there doing for them

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephan M, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your 5-star review, we are honored and appreciate your business, please come back soon!

For team Omaha,
Stephan
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I like staying at the DoubleTree Hotel Downtown Omaha. It is very convenient for me. The staff are very helpful and responsive. Breakfast buffet is wonderful. I wanted an egg white omelet. It was expertly prepared and tasted wonderful. I requested certain low fat options for dinner and my requests were met. My room, as always was clean, comfortable and relaxing. I really like the infused water waiting for me in the lobby.

Room Tip: Every room has been very nice. I don't like the rooms that open to the pool but some people mi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your 5-star review, we really appreciate knowing that you were very happy with our hotel, the service of our team members and the location of our hotel.

Come back soon!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The rooms were very nice and clean. The rooms do not have a refrigerator which would have been handy to have. The breakfast buffet is pricey when you feed a family of 5. I would recommend this hotel. The pool area is small.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello and thank you for dropping your great review for us. We enjoyed your business and company and are glad to learn you enjoyed the Omaha zoo. Please come back soon!

Occoquan, Virginia
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I must say my experience at this location has been out of this world. I have truly enjoyed my stay here in Omaha. I will be coming back Omaha in October and I plan on staying here again. Everyone was friendly and courteous.

The location was perfect for the area. My room was nice and cozy.

I have to give a special thanks to Courtney Edson. I believe she deserves recognition from Hilton for her superb customer service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review, "top notch customer service" says it all. We are so pleased to learn you were happy and we celebrate our success with you.

We look forward to your return soon, travel safe always!

Iowa
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Everything about this place is awesome! Fresh fruit flavored water in the lobby. The brunch was excellent, many items to choose from and omelets made to order. The beds were comfy. Except for our grandsons, the place was quiet, couldn't hear a sound from the neighbors or from the hall. Pool isn't meant for little swimmers, 3' was more like 4, and the drop off from 5-8 was sudden! Definitely would stay again. Parking is in the adjoining multi-level garage.

Room Tip: We were on the south side, 12th floor. Overlooks a couple neat fountains and some bison statues. Nic...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your kind words, we always appreciate learning first hand experience from our guests. Our team spends great time on training for service and will leave no opportunity unused to please our guests. Without our guests, we are nothing.

We look forward to your return soon, travel safe always!

mn
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Best thing about this hotel was the location....walking distance to everything. Room was a nice roomy deluxe. Bathroom was smaller in comparison of the rest of the room, door would rub against toilet and new shower handles were not exactly the correct ones for the shower. Handy microwave and fridge. Front Desk Courtney was awesome! Parking was not quite helpful if planning to do a lot of driving and the elevators in the parking garage were filthy....enough so that I am iffy about returning. Aside from parking enjoyed the stay, awesome views and starbucks in the lobby!

Room Tip: I enjoyed higher floors for the views...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Stephan M, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Hello traveler and thanks for your great feedback. We agree, our location is indeed very advantageous for individual business travelers as well as the weekend leisure-explore-downtown-at-nights guest.

Come back soon, travel safe, pack light!