“DoubleTree Hotel”

Ranked #39 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
United States
“DoubleTree Hotel”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The staff at the DoubleTree were so friendly. I was here for a four day WW11 reunion. We couldn't have asked for better or friendlier service. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It's also a perfect distance from the Market Place. Free shuttle service helped us be able to travel around the city and see more things than we normally would be able to do.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephan M, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
We are honored and humbled by your words. Thank you for your kindness and for gracing us with your stay!

Stephan & team Omaha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband & I didn't stay overnight in the hotel but we booked a block of rooms for our daughter's wedding guests. The service was outstanding. We were given direct phone numbers so our guest didn't have to go through the 800 reservation service. We were emailed frequent updates on the state of the block and even got an extension of "pokey" family members. Any question was answered within hours. My sister encountered a problem room and was quickly stitched to another. The shuttle service took care of getting guests to and from the wedding venue. And added bonus was providing a large dining provided that next day for the Mother's Day breakfast buffet. The lobby staff was also very helpful with any requests. But they really won us over this the warm cookies!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Weddings are terribly important. We are so very pleased to learn that this was a successful wedding event for you!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 16, 2013

To all of the staff of the Double Tree Downtown location in Omaha, my new wife and myself, greatly thank you for making our stay pleasurable. We truly need that turnaround, after the way our day started. Sincerely, Lance & Shannon

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Nothing beats 5-star reviews. Well, actually yes, one thing does. Getting one, after another, after another!.
Thanks for your loyalty and your kindness, it is a pleasure to serve.

Long Island, NY
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I see this property has some negative reviews and I can't imagine why.. We stayed at the Doubletree Downtown during the weekend of May 3 - May 5 for the Berkshire Hathaway annual shareholder's meeting. We used the hotel's shuttle for numerous local trips and the drivers were always prompt and super nice. The front desk staff was incredibly nice as well.. very helpful and friendly. The buffet breakfast that was served in the morning was excellent.. full of healthy choices which are sometimes difficult to find. Our room was very lovely.. redone recently it looked like and the bed was super comfortable with a new crisp cotton duvet cover. The internet was fast and free because we are HH Gold members. We chatted with the Night Manager Keith and he was a great representative of the hotel.. very charming and sweet and was concerned about how we enjoyed our stay.
I could not find any fault at all with this hotel.. thanks for doing such a great job Doubletree Downtown Omaha!! We hope to return next year!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
LOVED THE DOUBLETREE DOWNTOWN"....

Well, we agree, there is much to love. AND we loved you right back!

Acworth, Georgia
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My company pays for this hotel and all my travel hotels. This property is very comfortable and in a good location. There are many food options within walking distance. The bed was comfortable and my room was quiet. I did open that tray under the window, I was not sure I that allowed fresh air in. My room temp was also comfortable. My room did not have an iron but was immediately remedied when I asked the front desk to send up an iron. The front desk checked back with me 20 minutes later to make sure the iron made its way to my room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your very kind words and terrific review.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My family spent a week at the Doubletree Hotel Omaha Downtown. We are repeat customers and plan on visiting this property again in the future. The location is fantastic – right in the heart of downtown – with convenient access to many attractions. The General Manager Stephan Meier and the Director of Front Office Services Stacy Parks took a genuine interest in our personal needs. The entire staff is friendly and helpful – front desk, housekeepers, restaurant, bellman, drivers, and especially management. The facilities were recently renovated and upgraded – so the property is well maintained. The restaurant is very good with a full selection of items to make everyone happy. The shuttle service is accommodating and runs regularly. The hotel is even pet friendly. My family could not have asked for a more perfect vacation destination. I highly recommend this Doubletree location in Omaha!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
'GREAT LOCATION AND FULL SERVICE, 5 star review"....Well, we say THANK YOU!!!

North Platte, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2013

At $169/night plus tax, charging an additional $9.95 for internet access is just not acceptable. They offered other "free" amenities to enhance the environment and perception of the quality of the stay (i.e., cookies at check-in), large bathroom towels, etc., but then nickel and dime for a service that has become a standard expectation throughout the industry. That's one step forward and two steps back in my opinion. The channel listing in the room was not up to date, there were channels listed that were not available on the television (additional HBOs, Cinemax, etc.). My guess is that it's been that way fro a while and speaks to the professionalism of the hotel experience. Amazing what a little attention to detail (or lack thereof) can do to a perception. I will say that I appreciated the simplicity and effectiveness of the alarm clock. It may not seem like a big deal, but it can be. It was also very nice having a Starbucks in the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for your 4-star review rating, we appreciate you!