Came for a wedding with a very good room rate, so I guess I should qualify, for 100 bucks a night, it wasn't bad - but for a Doubletree, it was disappointing. Bottom line, if you want Days Inn service and Holiday quality rooms at Doubletree prices, go for it.
* Scary concept of security - Found a staff key card lying in the hallway at 11pm at night... and it worked on our door! A master key laying around... nice... What's terrifying was the staff's nonchalant attitude about it. I brought the key to front desk where a woman who clearly annoyed that I was there while she was on the phone, took the key and said thanks without a smile and quickly turned to a security guard next to her and started a conversation... as I walked away, they were laughing... Gee, that's funny having any random person running around your hotel at night with a master room key!
* Unprofessional service - It was CWS, so the hotel was pretty busy and the lobby was bustling. We were in the restaurant adjacent to the lobby. I was somewhat surprised to see two managers and one staff member sitting on a couch chatting as customers walked by. I was really surprised when my wife walked over to ask directions to the lobby bathroom, and none of the three even stood up. Only one actually stopped their conversation to answer. Maybe I'm old (36) or picky, but when I was a kid working retail/restaurants, if you worked in any customer-facing role, you just didn't do that.
* Heating/Cooling was just silly - The thermostat on the wall is very misleading. It should just be a switch - you can freeze or cook - your choice. It doesn't actually work toward a target temperature. The silly thing is that they know it and put a lengthy, confusing metal sign above thermostat basically saying that it will always be too hot or too cold for most people - and that you can request portable heaters or fans from the front desk.
* Parking challenging - No valet, but the entry is a typical, tight downtown circle driveway - disappointing for downtown hotel
* Internet charges reflective of high-end hotel - I go to Hampton or Hilton Garden Inn for the price/value (and the service is actually not bad). In that environment, you get wireless access free. In full-service hotels, they typically charge very high rates. This Doubletree charges 9.95 per day, per device - no biggy, but if you wanna play the full-service game, Shouldn't you at least do the full service part?
On a bright note, the servers at the restaurant were great, and the wedding reception (in the main ballroom) was quite nice (good food, good service).
Not a total disaster by any means, but why bother calling it a Doubletree? Just stick a Hilton Garden Inn tag on it, lower the rates, lose some of the ineffective staff, and call it good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our DoubleTree by Hilton Omaha Downtown is located ideally in downtown Omaha, just off of I-480, and minutes from Eppley Airfield. We are minutes from everything, located across the street from First National Bank and Union Pacific, and 6 blocks from CenturyLink Center. We are also minutes from the Historic Old Market, Henry Doorly Zoo, Orpheum Theater, Midtown Crossing, and the Holland Performing Arts Center.Enjoy a warm and fresh DoubleTree cookie at anytime during your stay. Enjoy our luxurious accommodations, with thoughtful amenities such as a fitness center, indoor swimming pool, and excellent dining at our Signatures Restaurant. Omaha. Looking to host your own meeting? We have over 30,000 sq. ft of flexible meeting space in our Executive Meeting Center, as well as other flexible space. Come stay with us at our DoubleTree Omaha Downtown hotel and find out what you've been missing in Omaha! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Hotel Omaha Downtown
- Omaha Doubletree
- Doubletree Omaha