“Outdated, Filthy Hotel in Bad Neighborhood”

Motel 6 Omaha- IAT West
Motel 6 Omaha- IAT West
Ranked #65 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Forest City, Iowa
“Outdated, Filthy Hotel in Bad Neighborhood”
Reviewed December 31, 2008

Another post said it best...Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else. The photos are deceiving, and it's not even worth its cheap price. As other posts have said, the hotel is not cleaned well. I did not sleep well because I was afraid that "something" was going to be crawling around in the bed. (This didn't happen, but given the condition of the hotel, it was a possibility.)

I also didn't sleep well due to the hotel's location in a seedy part of town. We stopped for drinks and snacks at the gas station across the street and noticed that the cashier's area is enclosed in glass with just a small opening for transactions. An obvious attempt to deter theft.

We scanned the continental breakfast the next morning and decided to pass. The breakfast area, food choices, and our entire hotel experience was completely unappetizing.

This is not a neighborhood or hotel that we will ever stay at again!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Seedy neighborhood, disgusting hotel
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
snflwr1
Reviewed July 13, 2008

Do yourself a favor read and listen to these reviews. We were applaud at this hotel the pictures shown are very deceiving. 1st the pool area was very dirty. It seamed as the hotel was falling apart there was mold in the toilet and the wallpaper was peeling off. There were no extra towels for swimming. The complimentary breakfast was one of the poorest attempts my husband and I have seen. To top off our experience there were a dozen or so black hairs on the sheets and blankets Yuck. The desk staff was nice enough to give us clean sheets. We will not go back!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — very dirty
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Roseville, Minnesota, USA
Reviewed November 26, 2007

I stayed on November 24, 2007. No reservation, just drove as far as I could and stopped to see what our choices were.

The room was clean as far as I could tell, but I had just spent the past two days driving 10 hours a day so I wasn't looking with an eagle eye.

I checked room prices from the independents in the area and they were the same price and had no breakfast as far as we were told.

The breakfast we got was good, but not up to the standards of other Days Inns that I have stayed at. They only had bread, two cereals, apples, oatmeal, small pastry, and one juice.

If I was planning on longer than a quick overnight sleep, I would probably shop around.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
willing2go
Reviewed November 21, 2007

We stayed at this Days Inn on our way to Colorado. We too thought Days Inns were all alike...nice. Unfortunately this was not the case.
*Room - The mold in the shower, tub, and toilet was completely disgusting. Bathroom garbage was not empty, hairs in the sink. The bedding was horribly urine stained. No chair at the desk. Carpets filthy!
*Customer Service - Rude lady at the desk, unwilling to correct any problems. Suggested we contact Days Inn through the mail since this was a reward (free) night, which I did. I later received a letter from Days Inn stating that this particular Days Inn Manager would be contacting us about our stay. Never heard a word! Free stay or not -- It should be a clean room!!

• Liked — absolutely nothing!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank willing2go
Watertown, SD
Reviewed November 11, 2007

The hotel was wonderfully clean, in my opinion. I was impressed, considering the cheap rate. But the breakfast was so-so and the staff, as I've read on other reviews, seemed bothered by my existance both at check in and check out. Not great, not bad. Would stay again for the price.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
North Dakota
Reviewed August 11, 2007

Our room (215) was disgustingly dirty! Bugs (dead and alive) crawling in the sink and on bathroom floor. Hair all over the counter, sink, floor and the toliet was extremely dirty!! Some sort of red, drop stain on the sheets along with various black hairs. The carpet was disgusting and my one year old managed to find every left over toothpick, pop bottle top, nail clipping, large food crumbs and plastic clothing tags all over the carpet! The room smelled of strong, stale perfume and was HOT when we walked in on the 100* evening. It took hours for the room to cool. The room was spacious and big enough for our needs but was way too dirty! For the money we paid, I don't expect 4 star quality but I do expect cleanliness and this was not it! The front desk was of no help either stating that I'd have to "log a complaint through the internet" since that's where I'd made the reservation!?!?! Nothing was done to rectify the situation when I called the front desk which was an additional disappointment.

• Liked — spacious room
  • Disliked — filth
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Albertville Minnesota
Reviewed July 12, 2007

There was a group of us ~ 9 rooms ~ that spent one night here. We were traveling from MN to CO. The room was booked under the assumption that ALL Days Inn are the same across the board. Wrong! We seemed to annoy the front desk clerk by checking in. The rooms were nasty! The dirt, the mold, the stains on the bedding and the walls . . . it was not a good experience. I would highly suggest looking elsewhere.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Having to kill bugs that were on the pillows.
  • Stayed July 2007
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Omaha
Red Carpet Inn
#70 of 82 in Omaha
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha I-80
My Place Hotel-South Omaha/ La Vista, NE
Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Southwest/La Vista

Been to Motel 6 Omaha- IAT West? Share your experiences!