“Not bad if you're traveling light”

Motel 6 Omaha- IAT West
and 1 more site!
Motel 6 Omaha- IAT West
Ranked #66 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This Motel 6 has been remodeled, so the room was updated and nicely furnished. The front desk staff in the evening was very friendly. My issue was that I was traveling with cats in carriers. As this had formerly been a Days Inn, the room doors didn't open to the outside. So, I had to lug all the carriers, litter, luggage, etc. through the lobby. They had one cart, but it wasn't a luggage cart (just a small dolly) so I still had to make several trips and the doors were not automatic so I had to do some navigating to get through with the cart. The room was very clean, but smelled so strongly of cleaning agent it gave me a headache. Aside from that I had a nice stay for one night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Cons needs outside cleaning cigarette buts on ground no restaurants within walking distance washer but no working dryer old outdated tv. Pros Military CDL and AARP available very nice rooms I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed July 22, 2013

It seemed fairly clean, hallways were smokey, some guy was hanging outside our room smoking and talking (loudly) on the phone, not too keen about that but he left before 10pm so we were able to fall asleep. Other than that it was fairly quiet despite being right on the highway service road.

For the price, it was a decent place to rest for the night. No blow drying in the room and the Front desk didn't have one and seemed a bit indignant about it when I asked... Seems like a simple thing to offer even on a 'borrow' from the front desk basis if they have problems with them disappearing or something... That was disappointing.

I actually liked the fact that they didn't have carpet, that can get really nasty at the cheaper motels. The floor was a wierd kind of wood looking laminate, but clean.

They definitely need to replace their box springs, yuck... I didn't even look at the mattresses, the sheets appeared clean so I didn't want to know what it looked like underneath... But the boxspring stains were a definite turn off, but like I said, we just needed to sleep for the night and then be on our way home.

It was a little awkward to get to, seems simple but there were several turns after you exited the highway.

Room Tip: bring your own blow dryer
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I booked a room for state track. The reservation was cancelled when we arrived to find the room was dirty and smelly. We decided if we could not find another room somewhere else we would rather sleep in the suburban. Some serious work needs done here!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kellibSENebraska
Reviewed February 18, 2013

From our first greeting to our check out, the front desk staff made us feel welcome. We dropped in to check on rooms in the morning after checking out of a nearby Super 8 where we were planning on staying another night but after an unpleasant experience there we wanted someplace else. The older lady helped us reserve 2 rooms at a much cheaper rate than our previous night and after I just happened to mention we would be checking in late because we were headed to the Amazing Pizza Machine for the day, she went into the office and gave us 3 APM $5 cards that she had! (Kids were very excited...more game playing for them). After checking in (with a different front desk person) later, the front desk gave us a call to ask if everything in the room was OK. So they definitely care about their guests and their experience at the hotel! The rooms had comfortable queen beds and a clean, wood-type floor. The TV is an older model, smaller screen but they have a nice variety of cable channels. No shampoo supplied so bring your own. The indoor pool was in a room that was nice and warm and the water was warm too. Just coffee supplied in the morning but they have a nice little room with a microwave so you could bring something with and eat it there if you need to eat something before you head out. Also there is a cafe nearby where you can get a discount with your key card but we did not eat there. I've stayed at much higher priced hotels that had much less customer service. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Hotel has 2 floors and due to no carpet, you can hear people walking above you. Wasn't a proble...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Driving thru Nebraska - happy to know that Motel 6 accepts pets! I can't be upset about anything - we knew what a person gets with Motel 6. Only thing I didn't really care for were the lineolium floors - but I can understand how much easier they would be when housekeeping is cleaning after dogs. These floors do however make for very loud rooms - everythig echos. We found a hair in the sheets, and some stains on the boxsprings - but that was all that was bad. Very basic room - No amentiies such as alarm clock, chair for the desk, shampoo - but still OK. Front Desk was polite. Can tell this used to be a different brand - as had a very nice pool area and what could have been a nice breakfast room.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Quiet and clean. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the furnishings neat. No restaurants nearby but, I found a Cracker Barrel about a mile away. Best value in the area to bed down for the evening.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo