“Great Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha - Downtown
Ranked #5 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed September 6, 2012

One of the best Hampton Inns that we stayed at - with a beautifully done high ceilinged common area and an adjacent breakfast area.
Large and comfortable room, perfectly clean, large shower stall with glass sliding doors - it was nice not to have to step over the edge of a tub in order to shower.
The beds were very comfortable and we slept well.
Be aware that the location is next to Ameritrade stadium, and even from the 4th floor if you're sensitive you may have two issues: The stadium itself during game time (unless you're attending the game), and at any time you may hear the very low tone rumble from Harley's, etc. Having said that (we were facing the stadium - but not on a 'game night') the 'Harley' noise was not particularly disturbing to us; but if you think that you may be sensitive to this noise, you should be able to eliminate that potential problem by asking for a room facing the hotel parking lot to the rear, which is away from both the stadium and the busy streets.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KenM299

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We really enjoyed the rooms and location for this hotel. The staff was really really friendly and we had no problems. The beds were awesome and fluffy. We had three rooms and they were able to get them all together no problem. The breakfast was good for the normal free hotel breakfast and they staff kept it well stocked I don't think I ever saw the bottome of the egg container.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nlud37
Reviewed August 28, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Mary E
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Would highly recommend this hotel.Staff was very friendly. 24 hour shuttle service came in very handy. Also, loved the free breakfast every morning. If I ever go back to Omaha, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank kshoot45
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Rooms were clean and fresh. Beds VERY comfortable. Front desk staff always accomodating and helpful.

The parking here can be tricky, but the lot is of suffcient size to handle some curbside parking. A restaurant would be nice at this location, but the free breakfast was well above the quality of others offering this ammenity.

I'm a tough customer (see my other reviews), but the Hampton Inn Omaha gets it right. Nice job!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian W
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My sister and nephews were in Omaha the night before their flight left for Denver late the next day so I surprised them with a night at The Hampton Inn. Since we were 4 I got a great rate on a studio suite with 2 queen beds and pull out sofa. After a long drive across Iowa we were greeted by a friendly front desk agent named Monica and she couldn't have been any more welcomng, friendly and helpful. The studio suite was perfect for our stay with a minibar area including microwave, coffee maker and fridge. There was plenty of room so we never felt crowded. The beds were just the right amount of firmness and were heaven to sleep on. Great vanity and bathroom area too. My nephew said the sofa bed was great to sleep on and with an indoor pool, hot tub and work out room everyone got what they wanted. Monica arranged their shuttle service to take us to Old Chicago in the Old Market for dinner and then picked us up when we were finished, great amenity to offer the guests especially at night! Breakfast was more than ample with make your own waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, even hard boiled eggs, fruit yougart, muffins,etc. Way beyond your average breakfast. We were all more than impressed by the staff, room and hotel overall. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will absolutely stay here again if needed.

Room Tip: Had a great studio suite room 149. Was impressed that even on the first floor facing the street rar...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank trevtnyc
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Great price, wonderfully appointed and decorated suite with tons of room for 5 family members. Clean hotel room and bathroom, comfortable beds and great breakfast. My only complaint was that the lights on the top part of the hotel next door shone right in my face while I was trying to sleep. The shades on the windows let light in about an inch on either side. Sounds little but the light was so bright on the hotel next door that it woke me up every time I turned that way while sleeping. While Hampton's shades looked nice, they were far from functional. I hate to sound nitpicky but if I would have stayed longer than a night I would have asked for a different room.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the hotel next door may be darker at night.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family