“Perfect for our wedding event!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha - Downtown
Ranked #5 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Dear Patty and the rest of the Hampton Inn staff,
I just wanted to thank you for hosting our wedding guests at your lovely hotel. It was such a beautiful event and we were so pleased with the service and convenience of both the Hampton Inn and Homewood Inn and Suites. It went off perfectly! The guests were pleased as well having it being so close to the airport. You can't beat the friendliness of Nebraska people and that definitely was reflected in the service we saw from your entire staff! Thanks again and hopefully we will be back someday for a visit, especially the CWS!

Best wishes,
Katie and Patrick Stewart

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Katie S

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights on a recent business trip. The front desk was so friendly and I even forgot my rental agreement for my car at the front desk upon checking in. They were calling me as I entered the room to let me know. At one point I put money in the vending machine and it did not give me anything in return. I said something to the front desk and they gave me a drink from their storefront area. Breakfast was great and something different each morning. I would highly recommend this hotel and will use again.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Duddy66
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I stay at Hampton Inns almost every week and I have a base expectation of a clean, comfortable room, a good breakfast, and friendly staff. I'm not sure I found these things at this HI.

The location is pretty good -- right down the street from the Qwest (now CenturyLink) center and about 15 minutes from the airport. I was able to walk to a pub (the Old Mattress Factory) for dinner, but as a woman walking alone at night, I felt pretty uncomfortable doing that, since the roads aren't well lit or sidewalked. The downtown is walkable, though, or a quick drive.

My room gave me a headache and red, itchy eyes the moment I arrived. It had clearly been cleaned with the benefit of a very strong air freshener which had the effect of making the room feel suffocating and maybe not as clean as it should be. The windows don't open, so I had to blast the AC to try to get the smell to dissipate. When I checked in, the woman at the front desk, who seemed to be a manager, was pretty rude to me and to the man in front of me, acting very rushed and hurried and as though we were annoying her. Her colleage took over, though, and was much friendlier.

Other than these things, it was okay, but I expect a higher level of service and cleanliness from HI.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank cs79
lsaronomaha, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience after your recent stay at Hampton Inn and Suites Omaha Downtown. Your honest feedback is very valuable to us in helping us understand how we can operate in a manner that assures we’re exceeding our guest’s expectations. I apologize that you were not greeted in a friendly, welcoming manner. First impressions mean a lot in our industry and have a strong impact on a guest’s overall experience. Similarly, first impressions of your guest room, which includes the scent of the room, have a strong impact as well. I can say from my own personal experience that a warm, sincere welcome and a clean, fresh scent are two hot buttons for me upon arrival. I will use your comments as constructive feedback to our team to assure we’re greeting every guest with a warm welcome. Additionally, we will remind our housekeeping team to limit the amout of Febreeze they’re using in each guest room. If you would, please contact me, or let me know how I can reach out to you to make this situation right. Please give me a call at 402.517.9950 or email me at lsaron@ncghotels.com. I look forward to talking with you soon and to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Hampton Inn and Suites Omaha Downtown.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

This hotel is less than 10min from the airport but you can walk downtown. It is not downtown amongst the restaurants (about a mile) etc. but is right across from the ballpark and near the convention center. The front desk staff is friendly and the breakfast selection is good. There is a sitting area in the front of the hotel. The king size bedroom layout was fine. HD tv with free HBO. Workdesk, controllable thermostat. Bathroom was spotless. My bed seemed worn, as if everyone slept on the side near the bathroom. When I slept on the other side it was firmer. Free internet access in room. Free business center with ability to print. Pool adequate size and very clean. No shower in the pool area. Work room with free weights and exercise equipment. Free, prompt shuttle service to airport. The shuttle also gave me a free lift downtown before taking a passenger to the airport. A little more expensive than the average Hampton, but most hotels I looked at in Omaha were more expensive than in other cities. The free services, breakfast, and transportation made this a deal over other places. One of the best Hamptons I have stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jeff2120
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Hotel is nice, clean, and great location for Century link events. (or babseball in season of course!) Breakfast was pretty good especially for a free offering. Pool and hot tub were nice sized and well kept. The fitness center was above average, with new cardio equip, and even a decent selection of free weights. I walked to century link each day for meetings, ( a brisk 5 mins from the hotel.) well worth it since parking would be $8 or more across the street.

Room Tip: Choose rooms higher up. The parking lot can be pretty noisy at all hours if you have a first floor r...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank drpete65
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Stayed at this location over the weekend. Wonderful location for going to events at the CenturyLink Center (a few minute walk) and right across the street from TD Ameritrade Park as well. Plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance, and a shuttle service is provided if needed. The rooms are big and clean, wireless internet works well, and staff is friendly. Cannot be more pleased with a room and a hotel!

Room Tip: Cuming Street is a fairly busy street, so those looking for quiet might want a room facing the parki...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MNGophers2000
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Pretty good breakfast selection. Excellent 'free' cocktail period in evening. Shuttle van is there to take you to the many restaurants Omaha has to offer. Works for tips. It's a great value for the guests and much cheaper than a cab.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing downtown. As bright signs light up your room all night.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business