“Very Pleasant”

Hampton Inn Omaha West - Lakeside
Ranked #15 of 84 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We spent a night at this hotel last week and were very impressed. The hotel was very clean, even behind the furniture - I always check. I really liked the arrangement of the king room we were in. The head of the bed backed up to the bathroom - not to the bed in the next room. This was not only helpful for noise but also made good use of the space in the room. The staff was very helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampton17606, General Manager at Hampton Inn Omaha West - Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to let us know that your stay was a pleasant one. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband, 16 month old twins, and myself stayed here while visiting family for Thanksgiving. The front desk was very accommodating. Very good location if you're visiting West Omaha. There are several restaurants and shopping nearby (big box stores and small business type boutiques). Walgreens is close by if you need something for a sick kiddo. The only thing we didn't enjoy was temperature of the pool. It was rather cool.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Hampton17606, General Manager at Hampton Inn Omaha West - Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We certainly do apologize for the pool not being as warm as expected.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Upon arriving at the hotel our plans changed and we did not end up staying there. The front desk assured us that we would not be charged for the room, as we did not have a reservation. A few weeks later the charge showed up on my credit card account and when I called to speak to the General Manager Lisa, she was not receptive. She would not listen to my side of the story, she refused to remove the charge and would not let me speak to anyone else at the hotel. She basically told me that I was a liar and there was nothing additional she could do to help. Her customer service and disrespectful attitude was terrible. I ended up paying $150 for a room I didn't even stay in. I will not be staying at this hotel and I advise others to be careful of incorrect charges!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jackie60885
Hampton17606, General Manager at Hampton Inn Omaha West - Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to post your concerns in regards to your situation, but I did not have a phone call from anyone in regards to charges. If you would be so kind to call me, I would be happy to talk to you further in regards to this.
Thanks,

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed this past week in Omaha's westside. We usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express which is virtually across West Center Rd but when I checked prices, it was between $144-$188 per night. Thought that was a little high for a Holiday Inn Express. Don't get me wrong, the Holiday Inn Express is a nice, clean place to stay. That's why we usually stay there. I remembered seeing the Hampton Inn Lakeside across the street and found a room for between $107-$113 per night.. When you're staying 3 nights, that adds up! We saved at least $100 for the stay and found the Hampton to be an excellent alternative if you need to stay on the west side of Omaha. Very clean room, a great soft bed, lots of pillows and a decent free breakfast convinced us to stay here in the future. It also has an indoor pool and workout room. For that price, it was hard to beat!

Room Tip: Good shopping close but you'll definitely need a car. Plenty of restaurants close by.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Room price negotiating for reservations went well. Check in great, no problems. But when leaving room for 1st time discovered door came unlocked when pushed on,wouldn't latch. Told front desk on way out for quick bite we needed it fixed or new room. Hotel booked and maintnenace guy not in! Midweek and decent area so felt ok to leave briefly in hopes issue fixed once back in. Upon returning,they said there was a cancellation and had another room. Problem solved. ( we did see them addressing the latch situation the next day). Room appeared tidy as Hamptons do, no bed bugs. Things ok now settled into lockable room. On to the pool with kids. Small pool but kids didn't care, it was a pool after all. I thought it looked cloudy and could have using a net cleaning. Once in hot tub, foamed like crazy,disgusting as usually a sign of needed cleaning. The hot tub was chipping away, the internal sitting ledge snagged my suit bottom and the bottom floor was rough. At first I thought it was a slip resistant surface but once water off, realized not the case. Chips of hot tub settled on floor bottom, like small paint chips or something? Checked pool and hot tub next day and could smell chlorine, appeared a bit better but still obviously needed a deep cleaning. No infections here, just gross in my opinion. Rules said All must shower before entering, no shower in that area, hmmm, maybe why water is so gross? Then for our room as days went on, we were there for four nights...ok we got new towels, shampoo/conditioner/lotion, typical stuff, n beds were made daily, that's all I can say positive. The floor was never vacuumed, the vanity or tubs were not wiped down each day. My kid had some popcorn crumbs on floor first night and they stayed there until we departed. Not hidden mind you, laying there right on the floor between the 2 beds. This was during the weekdays, so no pass given in my book. I would say room housekeeping was not up to par for a Hampton. Now their breakfast...area was very clean and stocked. Hot food variety changed daily with your basic yogurts,breads,fruits (diced fruit tasted nasty though) otherwise very satisfied.This area was up to the Hampton levels I am familiar with. Lobby area clean, front sliding door needed work though, worst squealing noise ever when anyone went through it! This Hampton location was handy, about 30 minutes from zoo. Had a Target, hospital and several food options close by, both fast food and nice dining. Felt real safe here, quiet area (aside from hotel machines on top of building that kept waking us up) so don't stay on 4th floor, in the center anyway. Did we complain to main desk, nope. Was not about to run the risk of not knowing who was cleaning, entering our room...kind of like returning bad food to restaurant kitchen if you know where I'm saying. Overall, it was a safe place to stay while visiting Omaha. It worked but nothing to brag about ESPECIALLY for a Hampton. This is my first poor experience from the chain, usually quite nice. This hotel seems in need of a makeover but is fine otherwise. Depending on your needs, just book knowing what we experienced. Happy travels.

Room Tip: Don't stay on top floor in the center. Something keeps running, turning off and on all night wit...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 2lucky1
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We were so tired when we got to town, and were greeted with a smile and so friendly upon check in. We forgot toothpaste and they gave us a complimentary tube.
Complimentary breakfast was wonderful and every single employee was courteous and helpful. We traveled with a family of 5. They wash the bedding every day including the duvet covers fresh supplies every morning. I was SO happy. The kids loved swimming and it was quiet and in a nice area of town. Definitely pleased!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed at the Hampton Inn Lakeside while in town for a soccer tournament in Elkhorn and couldn't have picked a better place to stay. A month ahead of time we made the decision to be in the tourney so had to scramble to find 17 rooms for the team. I worked with Lisa Tupper, the General Manager, and she went out of her way to get us all of the rooms we needed...which included calling several other parties that had rooms reserved to validate they needed all rooms needed. In the end, we took 14 rooms and they were all pretty much together on the same floor.

The King Suite room at the hotel was great. Plenty of room, modern, comfortable bed, big enough pull out couch and they brought us a roll a bed free of charge. Another plus...I have stayed in dozens of hotels over the past 12 months, and I finally found one that had a freezer section of a small fridge that worked!

The best thing about the hotel, however, was the service. We ordered pizza for 60+ people that were there and the staff went out of their way to set up the lobby with tables, chairs, bringing us ice, basically anything that we asked and even some stuff that we didn't. And the girl that helped us never once gave the impression that she was being put out...she was very friendly and helpful even though she also had to man the counter for the other guests.

With the before-the-stay service, the room and hotel itself, and the service while we were there, I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is staying in the Omaha area. In fact, I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Omaha to visit the zoo, even though the hotel is 20 mins away.

Room Tip: Get the King Suite...it is worth it for the extra room you get.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family