“Close to the Century Link Center & Creighton University”

Old Mattress Factory Bar & Grill
Ranked #36 of 1,344 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Close to the Century Link Center & Creighton University”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Three of us ate a late dinner at the Old Mattress Factory on a Saturday night. We were in town for a National Volleyball Tournament being held at the Century Link Center and this was very easy to find after a long day of volleyball. While I agree with other reviews about it being loud, it didn't feel cramped as there is quite a bit of space inside and there are a great number of TVs to watch more than one sporting event at a time. The food and the service was good. If an event is going on at "The Link", parking is $8. Otherwise it is much cheaper. I found a place on the street to park for free and saved my $8 towards our dinner! We will definitely give this place another try if we make our way back to downtown Omaha.

• Visited February 2014

• Korean first
Omaha, Nebraska
“Very noisy. Slow Service. Average Food.”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I think the title of my review says it all. Could barely hold a conversation. The music was so loud, everybody had to speak loudly to be heard. It just added to the already elevated volume. We were here to eat lunch. It was 2:00 pm. Place was packed so we expected a delay. But, even as the place started to empty out, food was slow to be served. My meal was good but not memorable. I know it may not be a huge concern but I have a gripe with the restroom lavatory water. It was ice cold. I have been to bars that don't heat the water. I assume that it is to save money. But, I feel it is unacceptable. Especially when it is cold day to begin with. We walked over to The Matt from an event at the Century Link Center in below freezing weather. A nice warm wash would have been appreciated.

• Visited February 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Decidedly Average.”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I was really looking forward to eating at the Old Mattress Factory given its interesting name and great location. Sadly, my experience was a let-down. I had a burger that was dry and overcooked, it took upwards of 20 minutes to get my food even though the place was empty, and the service didn't quite match the price that I paid for my food.

On a MUCH more positive note, they have a great selection of local craft beers in bottles and on tap -- so if you are a business traveler looking for an interesting beer, you'll dig this joint.

• Visited January 2014
Missouri
“Slow, inattentive service. Food and atmosphere ok”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I went by myself to get a bite to eat and to watch a football game. The place was packed with several people waiting, but the hostess said I could go right to the bar. I sat there watching the game for about 15 minutes and not a single bartender (there were 3 of them) paid me any attention. That didn't bother me too much - they were busy and I wasn't in a hurry. One of them had time enough to text on her phone between pouring drinks and washing glassware.

After a while, a couple sat next to me and were also ignored for about 10 minutes - they asked me if I had ordered and I said no but I hadn't tried to stop anyone yet. So I leaned forward and interrupted the bartender, asking for menus for the 3 of us.

At that point we got better service - I ordered a drink and a salad and both were fine. Maybe it's one of those bars where the servers are just a little too focused on their jobs to bother acknowledging customers? Or maybe they were too cool to condescend to welcome new people who sit down and actually find out if they want anything?

Anyway, I can put up with indifferent service as long as the food is good and priced right. The Mattress succeeded in that.

Visited January 2014
Lawrence, KS
“A sports bar to the extreme”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stopped here before an event at Centurylink Center and it’s a fun place to meet a group of people. Seating is serve yourself with some long tables as well as some smaller tables. This is a noisy sports bar and a bit difficult to have a conversation but great to share a sporting event.

During events at Centurylink, they have a “limited” menu which means much less choice so be sure to check the website if you have a favorite on the menu and it’s event night. Stricter parking rules as well. It is what it is—typical bar food such as nachos and pizzas however I was impressed with the buffalo chicken pizza. A small selection of microbrews on draft and in bottles lets you do a bit of pre game warm up before the less quality food and beers at Centurylink

• Visited November 2013