“beautiful extra deluxe hotel room”
Review of Hotel Deco XV

Hotel Deco XV
Ranked #18 of 83 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed February 23, 2014

this hotel has a great location in downtown Omaha. It is near several restaurants as well as having one in the hotel. the hotel had free shuttle service which we used to go to a restaurant and to the art museum. The hotel room was twice the size of a normal hotel room and beautifully decorated with a sofa, two large easy chairs,flat screen tv, desk with comfortable chair, padded benches at the end of the beds, wet bar. The bathroom had 2 sinks, and a shower with sprays to aim at all body parts. The beds were very comfortable. The linens and towels were deluxe. The room also had a mini frig and safe. I used the free wifi and it worked. The service and staff were very nice. I gave it 4 stars because our shower leaked(but they swiftly gave us more towels to absorb the water) and noisy part of the night(although after the first night I no longer noticed it and the noise never bothered my husband). Our room had 6 large windows and was sunny and bright(after drawing back the blackout curtains) during the day. Stay here and feel like you spent hundreds of dollars a night. Also parking was included.

Room Tip: ask for a room on a higher floor for less street noise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 21, 2014

This hotel will not give right bang for the bucks charges. Staff and service is C grade at best. Noisy nightclub nearby will not let you sleep at night. Location wise it is ok but for common vacation traveller it does not tune well. Not for me!

Room Tip: no justification for the price it charges, shabby.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank ric j
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I made a reservation for my wife and I this Valentine's Day well out in advance to stay at The Hotel Deco. We had stayed there before and enjoyed ourselves and thought it seemed like a nice way to share Valentine's Day. Until three days before Valentine's day, I received a phone call from a gentleman in sales department stating that there was in issue with some of the hotel pipes and we would need to be moved to another hotel, and due to the inconvenience Hotel Deco was going to pay for the room at another hotel and email the proper paper work.This seemed like a reasonable request.
However,Later on, questions arose, and I called the front desk, who knew absolutely nothing of a faulty pipe, water damage, ect. I also found out after talking to a front desk associate over the phone that the hotel was over booked by nearly 20 rooms! Later I talked to a front desk gentleman on the phone who initially lied to me, but after being caught in the act of lying he confessed. He said the sales department booked some sports group for valentine's day weekend which caused a massive overbooking in the hotel and not to worry there were no actual broken pipes. I'm not sure how a hotel is being managed when it allows itself to become that overbooked, and then lie about it. I'm not sure what the Nebraska statutes are on this, but if this isn't illegal, well it's grossly unethical. reservations are limited, but first come first serve. I should have had a reservation as my confirmation number would indicate, but apparently that doesn't mean much at this hotel and a lie will cover it up. I will never stay at this hotel again or recommend it. For a four diamond hotel I expect much better.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Blind_Traveler402
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed for a weekend and had a wonderful time! The hotel was beautiful! Staff and service was great! We will be back for sure! Our room was amazing! Ask for extra towels our shower leaked but the shower itself was great!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I will start by saying that for Omaha, this is a nice hotel. But for the price I expected much more. Complementary valet is nice, especially with little to no parking in the area. We did the King suite, but it looks nothing like the website. When we asked why, we were told there is only one that looks like that in the building and it costs more. So why include it as a King Suite then? I also asked about the listed refreshments that show as part of the room and I was told that they are for pay. So then that's not really a room feature is it? Really you get a little more space, some cramped chairs and a desk (all of which you get at a lower quality hotel at no charge) for the extra money. No view from 11 stories up, so you can cross that off the list of possible reasons. Overall it's clean and quiet, but save the $200/night and go to the Marriott. Nothing worth the extra money.

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank a98husker
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This hotel looks great on the website, and does have an amazing location. I can't stress that enough, because if you aren't picky and location is the end all for you, this is the place.

However, as a few other people have mentioned, it's cheap looking on the inside and poorly run. When we were checking in, they were having a wedding rehearsal that took up the entire downstairs, with cheap black curtains strung up on plumbing pipes, making it looks like we were checking into a flophouse. Jammed in, it took forever for the staff to get around to checking us in. Once we were in, there were water stains on our ceiling, a missing fire detector, and almost nothing in the mini fridge (a bottle of water and a can of juice).

The worst part is that we made reservations and they charged us on the day we made the reservations. When we actually stayed there, a month later, they charged us again. No problem, right? Just call them up and fix it. Wrong. The general manager, Tony, told us to "dispute it with the credit card company" and he'd agree to the dispute. Well, he didn't. So five months later I'm still trying to get my money back for a day I was never even there. Ugh. Stay away from this dirty, cheap, poorly run little sham of hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JonSimonsen
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Where do I start? Called this hotel on a hunch, found out they had a special weekend rate of $99 rooms which are normally $199, and was pretty well sold. Made reservations in person and were blown away by the amazing customer service and lovely art deco stylization. Michael worked at the front end when we checked in and was extremely helpful; he wanted us to stay as bad as we wanted to. He did everything he could to make our stay comfortable. Because it wasn't too busy, the valet drove us to our concert at the Waiting Room and came to pick us up. On the way there it was great chatting with Tyler, he gave us some great advice and was an overall entertaining person to talk to. The company did a great job restoring the 1930 era building and the service was extremely accommodating to create the most comfortable experience. Idealistic location in the middle of the Old Market, various entertainment just blocks away. A++ off the charts; we felt like royalty during our stay! Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: January 2014