“Extras beyond belief!”
Review of Hotel Deco XV

Hotel Deco XV
Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed October 26, 2013

When initially deciding to go to Omaha for our couples getaway we booked the holiday inn... So glad we didn't stick with that decision!!! I came across hotel deco because I wanted something unique for our stay. We got it in bundles here. Free valet parking greeted us upon arrival, and not just a parking lot, a garaged lot. A very nice gentleman opened our doors, we walked in and were greeted by an amazing lobby that was very intimate and inviting. The lady checked us in letting us know that the staff was at our disposal. That night we dined at the Zin room which sat us at a nice table just for two close to the fire (all of this with no reservation and no wait). The only bad thing wAs our waiter who was rude and discourteous. He seemed upset that all we wanted was water for our drinks... Not sure what his problem was but we waited 5+min for our refills and once our food was delivered, not even by him, we didn't see him again until we were finished with our meal. Although the manager did stop by to ask if everything tasted good. Which it did! I had Gouda Mac n cheese and my husband had the short ribs. Everything was delicious! We had planned to go to the casino later, my husband volunteered to be DD but come to find out that the hotel had a complimentary valet service that would take us there and pick us up! We were beyond ecstatic because it meant we could have a good time together which made our couples weekend perfect. All of this wrapped up in a perfect location downtown. Our expectations have been exceeded beyond belief and we have both agreed that whenever we visit Omaha we will honor no other hotel. Perfect perfect perfect! Everyone should stay at Hotel Deco XV! Everyone who was working on Friday the 25, the overnight shift, and Saturday deserves a big kudos! You have guaranteed Hotel Deco will always have our guaranteed business!!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel has been nicely redone from an Historic building transformed into an up-to-date, modern vibe. The hotel lobby, sitting area and guest suite were incredibly nice, the suite being very large and accommodating. The front of house staff were definitely not the highlight of the hotel property though, lacking the up-beat and friendly welcome that you would expect from this hotel. We arrived on a Saturday afternoon, we no doorman or valet, however, valet is complimentary! The location is great, perfect walking distance from the Old Market with better restaurants than shops. We came back to the hotel around 8pm, wanting a drink in the lounge, but...no bartender. We asked if there was a bartender, the front desk told us that "she was off." Really..? On a Saturday night? That seemed a bit ridiculous, not being just that it was Saturday night, but there was also a wedding reception at the hotel the same night. However, the hotel was in great shape, with nice suites and a great location, as well as the cleaning ladies the next day were extremely friendly and very funny! They made up for the front of house staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I reserved a block of rooms for my wedding reception at the hotel. Guests had nothing but negative experiences placing their reservations. My family also made 5 reservations (all with the same last name) which proved to be a nightmare. They were checking in guests under the wrong booking, which caused issues when the real person tried to check in. Myself, the bride, included. I was told that I had already checked in and the person at the desk swore they had taken the ID of the person who had the same name as me. I argued that this was impossible as there is no one in the world with my exact same name, and even more unlikely that they were checknig into this very hotel in Omaha, NE. When we were finally able to check in for our wedding night, we were given a Double Double Suite. Now this is the night of our wedding and we had specifically reserved a King Suite! This was a the last straw, had I been at least offered an appology or partial credit for not having the requested room on our reservation I would have gotten over it.
I appologized to all my guests for the inconvenience experienced during my wedding reception. Making reservations and checking in should be a straight forward process, but Hotel Deco made it a miserable one. Not how I would have liked to start my wedding day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the alley and on a higher floor. Other rooms can be very loud if you are n...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank EllaJuneK
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We booked a King suite at this hotel for our wedding anniversary. Headed into the bathroom after check in, and there was no toilet paper. We called down, and after 15 minutes, it still hadn't been delivered, so I went down to the desk to get it. Flipped on the exhaust fan to take a shower, and it made loud scretching noises. Whatever, on to the shower. As soon as we turned on the overhead spray, water shot out above the stall, I then noticed the water damage and yellow discoloration on the tile above the shower. When we got out, water was all over the floor from it seeping out of the stall. Drying off, I noticed that 2 out of 3 towels had large brown streaks all over them. My husband took them downstairs, and let them know all the other things that had happened in our room since we had checked in an hour before. The girl at the desk (I think her name was Abigail) told him that she would check and see about moving us and would call us. Two hours later, no phone call, we checked at the desk on our way to a dinner reservation and the same girl told us that they got swamped, and then checked real quick for a room for us, and they were "100% booked" but they could move us Saturday and would call us, but in the mean time, would send someone to check the exhaust fan while we were out. Came back later and checked at the desk, no one checked the exhaust, but we'd be moved tomorrow. So went to bed. WOW LOUD. There's a bar across the street. Despite the fact that we were on the 5th floor, it sounded like the party was in the next room. The hotel told me through a FB comment that the windows can't be upgraded because it's a historic building. Perhaps providing ear plugs in each room for guest would be nice. So next day, went to the zoo, out all day, no phone call to change our room. We finally just decided it really wasn't worth the fight for only one more night. Upon check out, a different lady asked us how our stay was. So yeah, the only positive of this hotel is beautifully decorated, however, not clean and the front desk employees do not follow through.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Liljopete
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Was here for business and through a colleague booked this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised at the size and quality of the rooms. The location was excellent being walking distance to the older area of downtown.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Chuck D
Reviewed September 6, 2013

our room was drop dead gorgeous, and very spacious. the shower had instructions! because there was so many shower heads. The only complaint is the parking. Your car is parked in a parking ramp by a valet. So, you need to wait each time, and tip the staff. You can walk to the Old Market area. Watch TripAdvisor for good deals. We were able to get a room for $200/night

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sue8
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The dirty spotted hotel deco rug on the landing by the parking valet sets the tone for the whole experience. Spotted hallway carpets and a stain on the bathroom door that looked like dried toothpaste/slobber. 2 out of 3 lamps didn't work in room and old single pane windows make room very noisy. Too bad- the initial rehab of the old building seems like a good thing,but we won't be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family